ADVERTISEMENT

"Slowsky's"

ball4lyfe69

Tackles too high
Jan 28, 2017
I don't know if I'm missing something, but to me the nickname "Slowsky's" given to Sallies Football seems a bit racist. Now I don't want to point fingers, or as we used to call it, zipper the jeans, but doesn't calling a football team slow because they're primarily a "whiter" team kind of promote divisiveness, and stereotyping. They play their game of football and other teams play theirs, let's not use stereotypical nicknames! Sorry if this has been covered before. Again, I'm a rook (new) and just want to make sure we're not being racy!

images

I don't know if I'm missing something, but to me the nickname "Slowsky's" given to Sallies Football seems a bit racist. Now I don't want to point fingers, or as we used to call it, zipper the jeans, but doesn't calling a football team slow because they're primarily a "whiter" team kind of promote divisiveness, and stereotyping. They play their game of football and other teams play theirs, let's not use stereotypical nicknames! Sorry if this has been covered before. Again, I'm a rook (new) and just want to make sure we're not being racy!

Bill Slowsky in front of his computer, attempting to download a file using his DSLconnection.

The campaign won the gold Effie Award in 2007.

Bumster, you are a cornucopia of information and to prove it i would dare to say, you maybe Delaware's leading authority on the squeeze box, which in itself is impressive enough haaaaaa you must of been a "Who" fan ????

I will not dignify the original question with an answer.

Thank you, ikey, Charlie and Rider. You continue to be a scholars in the midst of chaos.

I believe the name is more thoroughly explicated in Wikipedia. It clearly mentions the Salesianum football team in the last paragraph.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Slowskys

HA! That is awesome... Checkmate!

"The "Slowsky's" is also a nickname given to the Salesianum School Football Team (Wilmington, Delaware). They were given this name by their fans because of their style of play and their ability to have 3 delay of game penalties called on them on a weekly basis."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT