ADVERTISEMENT

St E's vs Glasgow- Scrimmage- 5 quarters (video)

Good Afternoon,

I would appreciate if you would please take down this video. I don't think anyone gave you the right to post this video. In public school education, you need the consent from us parents to post videos online involving our high school students. Please take down this video from this website along with your YouTube channel before we involve the school administration. I will surely contact the athletic director and the school administration if this video is not taking down within 24 hours. I don't understand why a third party will post a high school basketball game for everyone to see. It should be up to the schools involved to do it with prior approval from the administration. I know that legally this is not right! I want to give you the opportunity to fix it before I take it to the higher ups.

With a season around the corner, it is not right for opponents to see now what St. Elizabeth HS and Glasgow HS are doing. Let the scouting be done by the high school coaches not you.

Thank you and happy thanksgiving!

Good Afternoon,

I would appreciate if you would please take down this video. I don't think anyone gave you the right to post this video. In public school education, you need the consent from us parents to post videos online involving our high school students. Please take down this video from this website along with your YouTube channel before we involve the school administration. I will surely contact the athletic director and the school administration if this video is not taking down within 24 hours. I don't understand why a third party will post a high school basketball game for everyone to see. It should be up to the schools involved to do it with prior approval from the administration. I know that legally this is not right! I want to give you the opportunity to fix it before I take it to the higher ups.

With a season around the corner, it is not right for opponents to see now what St. Elizabeth HS and Glasgow HS are doing. Let the scouting be done by the high school coaches not you.

I was wondering if anyone would say anything about this. Honestly, the only thing you said that is applicable is your last paragraph.
Out of curiosity, what school admin./AD are you going to complain to? St.E's, Glasgow? He is not connected to them. St. Matthews? Its just a screen name.
Here's an interesting question. Should coaches be allowed to go watch another teams scrimmage? Is an opposing coach allowed to come watch another teams practice? 2nd question seems obvious. Are scrimmages just another type of practice?
Good luck on the 24 hr. ultimatum.

Reactions: handsdownmandown
Both. My kids plays for Glasgow so I obviously will start with them first I talked to one assistant who wasn't happy about seeing the video online. I'm not sure how St. Elizabeth and Glasgow's admin feels about it but I do not want to see my child online unless it is for recruiting purposes.

As far as your questions are concerned Sir, I do not know what's best. It seems to me that privacy should be important until the season starts. I am not much of an athletic parent however, I strongly believe that this is wrong especially if the parents do not give someone the consent to post video online.

Both. My kids plays for Glasgow so I obviously will start with them first I talked to one assistant who wasn't happy about seeing the video online. I'm not sure how St. Elizabeth and Glasgow's admin feels about it but I do not want to see my child online unless it is for recruiting purposes.

As far as your questions are concerned Sir, I do not know what's best. It seems to me that privacy should be important until the season starts. I am not much of an athletic parent however, I strongly believe that this is wrong especially if the parents do not give someone the consent to post video online.
I do not disagree with where you are coming from as a parent. I am one too. Chances are, this gentlemen may in fact pull down the videos for the reason you stated.
Let's see if our conversation is standing alone with no reference to what we are talking about.

I have just been providing the videos so that kids will have something to show scouts. And also for people who don't get to see a lot of the games I highlight the players who have good games so they have a highlight reel. Many of the kids have asked me to make a video for them. I was doing it as a service to those who like high school basketball. Which video do you want down? I know the St E's kids want to see their highlights. Just tell me which ones they are and I will delete them.

Mr. Patmonic,

First of all thank you for your response. I also want to thank you for explaining the reasoning behind your recording. I appreciate your effort to promote Delaware basketball.

That being said, would you mind removing the quarters played. You can keep the highlights up here but I would appreciate if you could please take the quarters down.

Sincerely,

Mr. Dent

@Mr. Dent, obviously Patcomic is doing this from his heart to help better the recruiting & exposure environment for Delaware kids. I have recommended coaches check out his YouTube post to see kids. He does them a great service for free. U cannot get most Delaware high school coaches to do this for kids. If we discourage selfless activities like his nobody is going to want to do anything positive. I want to personally thank u Patcomic for dedicating your time and effort, great job enjoy all of your videos & please don't get discouraged.

No problem Mr Dent. Some of your players I know like Devon Earl played on the same AAU team as my son and LJ asked me to make him a highlight film from a game he played last year. A lot of people dont get to go to the games. I look for the best match-up go to them. Then I hope for some magic.I will take down all of the 5 full quarters. I am also practicing my play by play which has got me other work,

@Mr. Dent, obviously Patcomic is doing this from his heart to help better the recruiting & exposure environment for Delaware kids. I have recommended coaches check out his YouTube post to see kids. He does them a great service for free. U cannot get most Delaware high school coaches to do this for kids. If we discourage selfless activities like his nobody is going to want to do anything positive. I want to personally thank u Patcomic for dedicating your time and effort, great job enjoy all of your videos & please don't get discouraged.

Thank you sports junkie. I'm just an old head who loves basketball. I love the excitement of the gym. I love it when a kid goes lights out and I get to catch it. Last year I tried to get all of the top teams on at least once. I recently had a Div II coach contact me asking about DE players. I'm just trying to have fun and help the kids along the way

So petty.... Smh..

Thank you sports junkie. I'm just an old head who loves basketball. I love the excitement of the gym. I love it when a kid goes lights out and I get to catch it. Last year I tried to get all of the top teams on at least once. I recently had a Div II coach contact me asking about DE players. I'm just trying to have fun and help the kids along the way
Good job Pa
Good Afternoon,

Reactions: Patcomic

Man you must be bored.. He been doing this all threw fall league and not one person in there right mind would complain about this But you... Smh.. Helping kids get notice and highlight video for College to look at too.. I enjoy watching his videos..

Just remember exposure isn't always for the good.

So let me ask.

Who can advise what college coaches are looking for in video....?

No problem Mr Dent. Some of your players I know like Devon Earl played on the same AAU team as my son and LJ asked me to make him a highlight film from a game he played last year. A lot of people dont get to go to the games. I look for the best match-up go to them. Then I hope for some magic.I will take down all of the 5 full quarters. I am also practicing my play by play which has got me other work,

Thank you very much. Again, I do not want to discourage you from doing what you love to do. I just thought it was best for my son not to have this video posted.

Thank you!

Thank you very much. Again, I do not want to discourage you from doing what you love to do. I just thought it was best for my son not to have this video posted.

Thank you!
No problem, I will wait for the regular season. I have just been covering what I can of HS Basketball in DE. Saint Matthew started in 2009 as a channel for the kids. As time went on I would end up taping a lot of St E's and Sallies. My son went to StE's and my friend's son went to Sallies. I would post games and highlights for them. Last year I decided to try to cover as many and as much as I could of everybody. I've tried to make it to focus on DE HS Basketball. I do some DE baseball playoffs. But, the main focus is HS basketball. The library has sections for each school and has categories like slick moves and classic endings. When somebody has a bunch of highlights I give them their own playlist. There also some girls HS basketball. I tried to expand the channel as best I could. There is even a little bit of nostalgia. One tape shows a then 6th grader who now plays for Villanova blocking the shot of a 4th grader who last yr as a JR in HS Pitched his team to the Championship. Which is also on the channel I am.Really proud of those kids. Proud of my son too, but he ain't on there much. I have strived to make the channel a resource for people who like DE HS basketball, I try not to play favorites but I am partial to St E's , Sallies. and my heart belongs to St Mark's I am a Spartan. I am sorry if I caused you any stress, I know the season is approaching and tensions are high. I wish you success this year. I am really excited by the talent I have seen grow in this state. I wish you many buzzer beaters and a great season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT