ADVERTISEMENT

St Mark's vs Appo (full game)

Looks to me like the base runner was not running in running lane in the controversial play at first. Running lane is in foul territory and base runner was clearly running in fair territory. Also looked as if the runner reached out grabbed first basemens left shoulder too. Looks like the runner interfered with the play and should have been called out.

Looks to me like the base runner was not running in running lane in the controversial play at first. Running lane is in foul territory and base runner was clearly running in fair territory. Also looked as if the runner reached out grabbed first basemens left shoulder too. Looks like the runner interfered with the play and should have been called out.
Looking back the runner at 2nd cost 3rd baseman time. The runner had the throw beat, he didn't need to run into him. I thought there should have been a call too. Umps I guess thought runner had the right of way. First baseman did have right foot on bag, would have been in better position with the left on the bag and a nice stretch. Tough call, but St Mark's had plenty of chances and Appo was able to snuff them all out. Great pitching and defense from both teams. They could meet again for sure.

Reactions: TouchThemAll
Look at left foot on line pointed towards home. And the line is on the outer part of bag, so essentially his left foot and knee was covering the bag giving the runner no bag. Think about line in relationship to the bag.

The left foot ( the one that should have been on the side of the bag) Stretches out at the last second, I don't think that got hit, he hits the right foot which was in terrible position. First baseman definitely should have been in better position and it's a judgement call for the umpire who thought the runner had the right of way, which I believe he did. The runner is going straight ahead, I think he lands on the bag and is underneath the right foot and the next step he hits right foot off the bag causing the trip up. You're right, it was the right call.. St Mark's had plenty of chances after that and couldn't get it past the pitcher. Steckline was awesome in both pitching and fielding. He came off the mound and made great plays at first, third, home and he batted in the eventual winning run. All props to APPO and Steckline

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT