ADVERTISEMENT

Team Delaware

Jan 19, 2011
Wednesday, March 23
6:30 pm
Blue Hen Mall

First Team Delaware practice for 2016. All wrestlers who plan to wrestle with Team Delaware this summer should attend. We will be discussing our plans for folkstyle, freestyle, and greco-roman wrestling this summer. We will also be discussing our fundraising plans/opportunities/challenges.

Our goal this summer is to provide ample opportunity for all Delaware wrestlers who want to remain on the mat during the off season. All ages, all skill levels are welcome. There is no charge for being a member of Team Delaware. All practices are free. Many events are either free or reduced price thanks to our fundraising and generous supporters.

All members must be USA Wrestling members for insurance reasons.

Come see what we have to offer before you decide it's not for you.

direct emails? no.

there was a posting here about a month ago listing the new website that was created to keep people informed about the summer program. we also had handouts at all of the conference tournaments and the state tournament. Paul Collier was also at the state tournament showing videos, answering questions, shaking hands and kissing babies... we have tried hard to get the word out to the masses. last night's post was meant to be a reminder, not a first time notice. obviously, some have not gotten the word. for that, I apologize.

please check out our website

teamdelawarewrestling.com

adjustments to team delaware schedule

folkstyle events added:

May mat madness may 21&22 (Dundalk, MD)
NHSCA duals May 27-30 (Memorial Day Weekend in VA Beach)
Nuway National duals July 29&30 (Long Branch, NJ)

these events are for all ages and teams will be filled with wrestlers who attend Wednesday Team Delaware Wrestling practices at the Blue Hen Mall.

Contrary to popular belief, we do not only teach Greco-Roman and Freestyle wrestling at Team Delaware Wrestling practices. Takedowns, offensive scoring, defensive wrestling, pinning combinations, mat awareness, conditioning, teamwork and camaraderie and all of the other great things that wrestling instills in our youth are all a part of Team Delaware Wrestling. Obviously, we have to spend more time on gut wrenches and leg laces than we do on sprawling because these summer practices are the only time those types of moves are taught.

Remember, wrestling is wrestling. Even if your child never wrestles a Greco-Roman match in his life, he will find himself in an upper body lock a some point in his career. A few hours of Greco focused practices will give him confidence and options when in that position.

I know many of you know these things. Some may not. I'm also not trying to preach here, but encouraging open mindedness.

Thanks for reading.
I welcome your input. If you'd rather email me personally with comments or concerns you may have with Team Delaware Wrestling, please do so.

Bill Chilson
Chairman
Team Delaware Wrestling
abandjn@msn.com

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT