ADVERTISEMENT

Top Teams in Delaware

proudscfan

Good all around Player
Sep 6, 2010
So we are still early in the season with plenty of wrestling to go. Who is the top TEAM in Delaware and why?

I’d argue Salesianum or DMA. Both teams so far to me have proven they are top teams. They do have a dual coming soon.
Sallies has a tough schedule like a lot of the top teams do. We will definitely see how good they are.
DMA is wrestling Cape next Friday. Hopefully Cape will be at full strength. That could be a really good match as well.

D1 Cape Sussex and Sallies will be fighting out. Cape and Sallies both missing guys.

D2 Dma and Caravel will be really tight if DMA don’t get a 106/113 healthy. Both those matches were going there way before they injuries. Still lot of wrestling. Too early to tell.

Reactions: trapblock22
D1 Cape Sussex and Sallies will be fighting out. Cape and Sallies both missing guys.

D2 Dma and Caravel will be really tight if DMA don’t get a 106/113 healthy. Both those matches were going there way before they injuries. Still lot of wrestling. Too early to tell.
A friend of mine went to the lake forest Spartan duals and he said that tower hill has a pretty good team that could make noise for D2

D1 looks like a tight race with Sallies, Cape and SC. CR could make some noise as well. All these teams will wrestle head to head in the regular season. Should be fun to watch.
Caravel seems to be the team to beat in D2.

They both beat Caravel by almost identical scores but I will post a prediction shortly.
106 Toss up
113 SC
120 SC
126 Sallies
132 SC
138 Sallies
144 SC
150 Sallies
157 Sallies
165 Toss up
175 SC
190 Sallies
215 Sallies
Hwt Sallies

Coin toss could change some things but this is what I have. SC don’t match up well. Would need an upset somewhere and win all toss ups. I think Cape matches up better.

Do have a prediction for the match?
106 Mason Catania (Salesianum) vs Austen Decker (SC)

113 Leo Marini (Salesianum) vs Malachi Stratton (SC)

120 Michael Turner (Salesianum) vs Chase Murray (SC)

126 Cameron Davis Jr. (Salesianum) vs Evan Cordrey (SC)

132 Brady Bartkowski (Salesianum) vs Talan Savage (SC)

138 Colin Honaker (Salesianum) vs John Rovillard (SC)

144 Matthew Copeland (Salesianum) vs Andrew Long (SC)

150 Sam Munch (Salesianum) vs Jayden Drummond (SC)

157 Gardner Hall (Salesianum) vs Cody Layfield (SC)

165 Anthony Dellicompagni (Salesianum) vs Jadyn Craig (SC)

175 Beau Minner (Salesianum) vs Gabe Cannon (SC)

190 James Miller (Salesianum) vs Ivan Neal (SC)

215 Max Agresti (Salesianum) vs Ryder Robinson (SC)

285 Andrew Semmel (Salesianum) vs Michael Harmon (SC)

I have Sallies winning 8 matches and Sussex winning 6. I based this off the past couple duals so these weights could change. Also, I have no idea what happens at 165 and Heavy.

I have Sallies winning 8 matches and Sussex winning 6. I based this off the past couple duals so these weights could change. Also, I have no idea what happens at 165 and Heavy.
I think Semmel beats Harmon & gets bonus there

I would give heavyweight to Sallies and 165 to SC.

Last edited:
106 Toss up
113 SC
120 SC
126 Sallies
132 SC
138 Sallies
144 SC
150 Sallies
157 Sallies
165 Toss up
175 SC
190 Sallies
215 Sallies
Hwt Sallies

Coin toss could change some things but this is what I have. SC don’t match up well. Would need an upset somewhere and win all toss ups. I think Cape matches up better.
I will be a very close match for sure. Can't see Sallies winning by double digits.

106 Toss up
113 SC
120 SC
126 Sallies
132 SC
138 Sallies
144 SC
150 Sallies
157 Sallies
165 Toss up
175 SC
190 Sallies
215 Sallies
Hwt Sallies

That’s how CR was able to beat Saillies so it’s possible

Do you think it hurts SC showing that move now, rather than waiting to pull it out in dual meet states?

That is correct as a division. But the top 3 teams in the state are from the Henlopen.
How do you figure? Cape lost to Caravel early in the season when Caravel was at full strength.
Top 6:
1. Sussex
2. CR
3. Caravel
4. Cape
5. Sallies
6. DMA

A top 10 team ranking favors the north even more.
Top 10:
Top 6:
1. Sussex
2. CR
3. Caravel (at full strength)
4. Cape
5. Sallies
6. DMA
7. WP
8. Smyrna
9. Tower Hill
10. St Marks

Last edited:
But cape was missing two of their best wrestlers.
All those team you mentioned could win dual meet states (including sallies) so I don’t understand that part of the argument. However, I didn’t know Bender and CJ were out. I would move caravel to #5 based off that alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dewrestling123
All those team you mentioned could win dual meet states (including sallies) so I don’t understand that part of the argument. However, I didn’t know Bender and CJ were out so you I would move caravel to #5 based off that alone.
No argument from me was just telling you Cape was missing two of their best wrestlers when they wrestled Caravel. I do agree the top 4 D1 schools could beat each other at any given moment. For D2 my vote is DMA coming out on top.
Have to get through Wednesday first but I’m excited to watch Saturdays matches.

That is correct as a division. But the top 3 teams in the state are from the Henlopen.
That is correct as a division. But the top 3 teams in the state are from the
No argument from me was just telling you Cape was missing two of their best wrestlers when they wrestled Caravel. I do agree the top 4 D1 schools could beat each other at any given moment. For D2 my vote is DMA coming out on top.
Have to get through Wednesday first but I’m excited to watch Saturdays matches.
You wrestle with what you got. Same argument can be made for DMA vs Cape. I believe dma was missing two wrestlers. With Mundy in lineup they beat Cape. I’m picking DMA for D2. I will take Cape to beat Sallies for D1.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT