ADVERTISEMENT

The 2021 Boys Lacrosse Bracket

Not so bold prediction. DMA get knocked out by Tatnall. Side note, how does Milford not make the playoffs?

Cape #5?, Archmere 3??, Stanford #1??
The points system is not great IMO and leads to these crazy rankings.

But at least they all made the playoffs a few teams, most notably Caravel, got shafted hard.

Caravel was #12 on Thursday night but a series of crazy events happened resulting in a 5 way tie - Cape game vs IMG cancelled, AI lost a game they should have won, Tatnall went on a win streak, etc - between Dover, Conrad, Caravel, Charter, Tatnall.

The clear 4 teams that should be in were Dover, Caravel, Charter, Tatnall. Conrad lost every head to head played against these teams but since all 5 did not play each other head to head was disregarded and moved to winning % of opponents. Caravel gets kicked out despite beating Conrad bad 9-1 in the season.

Personally I would have taken those teams and put them in this order:
13 Tatnall - Most bonus points
14 Charter - High bonus points beat Conrad 6-2
15 Dover - Beat Caravel
16 Caravel - Beat Conrad 9-1
Out - Conrad

But the rules are what they are. Really would like to see a revamping of the points system and a D1/D2 split in lacrosse. Some of these 1st round games are going to suck for everyone involed.

Forgot to make my predictions and that was the first post here:

R1
Sanford vs Dover - Sanford
Sussex Academy vs Smyrna - Smyrna in the upset
DMA vs Tatnall - Tatnall in the upset
Cape vs Friends - Cape

Salesianum vs Conrad - Sals
Tower Hill vs IR - Tower Hill BUT very tempted to go with the upset here
Archmere vs Charter - Archmere
CR vs Newark Charter - CR

7-1 Not bad

R2
Sanford vs Smryna - Sanford
Tatnall vs Cape - Cape
Sals vs Tower Hill - Sals
Archmere vs CR - Archmere

R3
Sanford vs Cape - Cape in the rematch
Sals vs Archmere - Sals

Final
Sals vs Cape - I refuse to call this one too many people will yell at regardless of who I pick! Will be a great one though I think

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT