ADVERTISEMENT

This forum sure is dead during baseball season!

8yaz

Top 100 Prospect
Mar 22, 2007
Legion playoffs start today.
Anyone beating Stahl?
Anyone care?

Only teams that have a chance are Post 25 Middletown or Fox Post 2. Rough year for legion. There were tons of forfeits. They need to do something about the zones. Some have barely enough interest to field a team while others have too many. Post 1 forfeited 11 games this year. They need to make it easier for the kids to play somewhere if they want too.

27 game regular season schedule for legion between June 7th and July 22nd. No one has time to come on here and jaw jack.

very easy to stop forfeits

all games monday to thursday

kids play travel on weekend,legion during week

8 weeks of legion just play 16 -20 games

agreed 8yaz, they are a few solid pitchers keeping them in games. Theyll play middletown tonight to see who gets the chance to try and beat stahl twice
chairshot.r191677.gif

Not sure who Middletown's ace is, but if it's Spagnolo, he probably won't be available to pitch against the Generals tonight (or ever again). He threw 141 pitches last night. Walter had 129 for Stahl. Those 9 inning tourney games really take a toll on your pitching. Never understood why Legion plays 7 inning games all year, and then 9 innings in the tourney.

Darned if those srappy Generals didn't knock off Middletown to make it to the championship. I have to say. I went over to Christiana and watched a few of their games this summer. If you were to have told me me they would make it this far in the tourney, I would have told you that you were crazy. Power to them. I hope they beat Stahl.

Pretty impressive to come all the way back through the losers bracket after losing their first game.

I just looked at the box score, Middletown struck out 17 times.

Kudos to them and good luck today.

Stahl won it, as expected. Funderburk named tourney MVP. Now we go see how small of a state Delaware really is in the Regionals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT