ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday predictions

GateKeeperRefugee

All-State
Jan 3, 2013
2nd round's a little easier to figure out, but that's why they play the games.

24 DMA at 8 Sussex Tech - The Ravens have a young and talented team and could be the surprise of the tournament with a 15-5 record and a first round bye. DMA's rolling off the momentum of defeating Laurel, but two trips down to Sussex County will be too much, especially against a better opponent. Sussex Tech wins 55-41.

10 Archmere at 7 St E - Could be the game of the night. Archmere plays good defense, has players who can get buckets when necessary and are extremely well-coached. St. E has the talent advantage, but can they get over the hump? This is where they fell to Conrad last year. I'll give the Vikings the benefit of the doubt and say they win 47-40.

11 A.I. at 6 Concord - A.I. looked good in cruising by Delcastle on Tuesday and were close to defeating Concord in the regular season. Concord has to have a good game from Jamiyah Dennis if they're going to pull this one out, although Amayla Sharif could pick up the slack. I'll take Concord in another close one 50-46.

12 Hodgson at 5 Conrad - Hodgson used Delmarva Christian as practice to get ready for Conrad, but the Red Wolves (still can't believe they picked that for a name) are slightly deeper at guard and have Whittlesley to control things in the paint. Won't be a romp, but Conrad should win going away, 60-47.

13 Cape at 4 Sanford - Even without Olivia Tucker, Sanford is just a better team. Cape should be proud of picking up a first round win and they should be even better next year. Sanford wins 70-43.

14 Sussex Central at 3 Caravel - Everything about this game says Caravel should win. More talent (Marvel, Bryson), more size (Lange, Otlowski, Keld) and home court advantage. Central as we've discussed is well-coached and could make things tough for Caravel. An upset wouldn't surprise me, but I think Caravel wins 48-44.

15 Howard at 2 CR - This game also has upset potential. Howard looked great in dismantling Dover, but CR ain't Dover. Scorers galore (Haith, Reid, Kornegay-Lucas) and a veteran coach who's been here before. Howard needs their underclassmen (Ronnasia Blatch-Huggins, Na'Leigha Wright and Jaymail Hollis) to be themselves, but a good game from the post players (Ronnay Blatch-Huggins and Kayla Rouse) could swing it in their favor. Gonna take Howard in a close one 56-54.

17 Milford at 1 Ursuline - Milford won their county rivalry rubber match at Lake, so they should be feeling good about themselves. Fact of the matter is Ursuline is too deep, too talented and of course coached by the best staff in the state. Milford might hang around, but not for long. Ursuline wins 65-42.

Solid break down in each of the games. Milford won't score more than 24pts tonight vs Ursuline. Howard will certainly create headaches for CR. Just not sure if Howard can score enough to pull out the win. Conrad's guards are way better than Hodgson's. Conrad is relentless and I don't think any team would want to face them.They've made a name for themselves & they'll be around in girls hoop hierarchy for 5-6 more years at least. Big win for DMA on Tuesday but doubt they can match Sussex Tech. AI or Archmere should be the 8th best team but the current system we have here in Delaware doesn't look at anything other then the points. But it wouldn't surprise me to see DMA keep it close. Sanford will certainly miss there guard but they won't need her vs Cape. Sanford will continue to pound it into the post. I look forward to Saturday's coaching match up of former high school teammates at Sanford in the 80's. Both played under Gil Jackson current Sanford assistant. Ursuline wins big but won't get tested in rounds 2 or 3. Archmere vs St. E's & AI vs Concord will be the anticipated closely contested games tonight. St. E's will be focused and I doubt Archmere can match them offensively. Concord vs AI will be whoever scores last or gets the bigger offense run late. May be fitting if this game goes into overtime. Caravel is deep and should have very little problem with Sussex Central

Good points, but GateKeeperRefugee your being very generous with a couple of your scores. LOL at least there's no downstate bias from you but from a downstate guy Milford will not hang around with Ursuline, it will be over after the tip. Caravel traveled all the way down to Sussex Central with team on bus; they will be ready. STMA played the 4th quarter with 4 players and ended the games with 3 and still only loss by 10. Caravel rolls big. I like Concord; Sharif playing well I think they take it. Howard and CR is the game that I think will be the best of the round two games.

Everything else your spot on, I enjoy your post!

https://depreps.forums.rivals.com/members/filmore00.5177/

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT