All-State
Jan 3, 2013
Games of note tonight:

Newark Charter vs. Red Lion for the Diamond State Crown
Sanford vs. St. E
MtP vs. Christiana - Vikings upset win strengthens their tournament position
Penn vs. Appo - Penn wraps up Flight A unbeaten with a win tonight
Brandywine-Howard - BOTH need a win to stay alive for one of the final spots

Charter vs Redlion should be very interesting...
Newark Charter beat Tatnall by 1, Conrad by 4 & McKean last game by 2. I know a W is a W but I’m just not a believer in them as of yet but then again they already beat Red Lion earlier in the season by 2. You’re right...it should be very interesting.

Should be a good one. Last game was a good one, red lion led most of the game but blew a good sized lead in the 4th.

Sanford was missing the majority of their team. The score is not indicative of anything.

Hopefully @Patcomic recorded the game, big upset
That one would have been nice to get, sorry I missed it. Newark Charter and Red Lion was a good game. Hardcastle is out for the season with a broken wrist but Hockenbrock filled in nicely and Red Lion has a nice array of shooters. Great game by Newark Charter's Justin Thomas had 28 and went over 1000 pts for his HS career tonight.

Reactions: 84rider
to change the subject, for all EAGLES fans, this team was a true class act, much deserving of being champions but these guys are hope for what al youngsters should look up to, I never saw a team that cared more about the next guy before themselves, OLD SCHOOL is coming back Baby

Reactions: moneyballforme
Almost everyone. Davis and Hassan Perkins played but they dressed 7 and some of those were JV players.
No excuse in my opinion...w/ Davis, H. Perkins & Coach Stan my $ would have still been on Sanford. W/ that being said I still like Sanford come tourney time @ the minimum to the Final 4 @ the Bob. As for St. E’s I have not seen them but now curious. Pleeease some upstate team distance yourself from the pack b4 I hafta say 2-team race b/n Smyrna & Cape...LoL

No excuse in my opinion...w/ Davis, H. Perkins & Coach Stan my $ would have still been on Sanford. W/ that being said I still like Sanford come tourney time @ the minimum to the Final 4 @ the Bob. As for St. E’s I have not seen them but now curious. Pleeease some upstate team distance yourself from the pack b4 I hafta say 2-team race b/n Smyrna & Cape...LoL[/QUOTE
Downatate not going anywhere ... Lol.. Buckle up because this stretch run about to get real....

The loss to cape, I understand. This loss to St. E in this fashion does not make a good statement. This is a blowout. Let's not take away the hard work and accomplishment from St. E by making excuses for Sanford. Sanford is a team with 2 division 1 prospects and lots of talent. They simply did not show up to play and got spanked.

No excuse in my opinion...w/ Davis, H. Perkins & Coach Stan my $ would have still been on Sanford. W/ that being said I still like Sanford come tourney time @ the minimum to the Final 4 @ the Bob. As for St. E’s I have not seen them but now curious. Pleeease some upstate team distance yourself from the pack b4 I hafta say 2-team race b/n Smyrna & Cape...LoL

According to the Dialog’s story, only 3 Sanford varsity players dressed. St. E could key on Davis. Even with Stan, that’s asking a lot to overcome.

8yaz- lol- you have a known anti-private bias so I think Duke’s opinion on Davis matters more than yours!

Reactions: jvm3 and sals2011
According to the Dialog’s story, only 3 Sanford varsity players dressed. St. E could key on Davis. Even with Stan, that’s asking a lot to overcome.

8yaz- lol- you have a known anti-private bias so I think Duke’s opinion on Davis matters more than yours!
Prolly shouldn't comment as I haven't seen him play this year, but his numbers haven't looked all the impressive. Yes, numbers can be deceiving. But 6 points?

From the looks of things 3 starters played, everyone else was 9th grade JV players, Sanford was not at full strength in this game. I think the debate is that, with the 2 Perkins kids and Davis present does that equal a blowout, a loss perhaps, but not a blowout. I would go further to say both of the perkins kids are talented gaurds, Hasssan Perkins is one of the best players in the state. Lets use St. Georges vs St. E as an example. Bones handled St. Elizabeth practically on his own. Bones is projected mid to low major D1. Davis is visiting duke. In this equation just invision travon duval, marvin bagley, or Wendell Carter, or Grayson Allen in high school teamed up with the 2 Perkins kids vs St. E. My conclusion is u wouldn't need the other 2 players. I still have either Sanford, Smyrna or cape winning the cup. Too the Sanford people take this one on the chin and go get that cup, winning quiets the critics.

Reactions: theWILL2WIN
The two reasons varsity players sit this late in the season are A) grades or B) discipline. Gonna go with B, but we'll never know for sure because Stan runs a tight ship and rightfully so.

You guys are acting like St Elizabeths is a bunch of bums. Outside of Jyare, Hassan, and Corey they had kids with zero varsity experience. Tell me a good team in this state they could beat with that same lineup. I don't care how good those 3 players are, its not happening

Reactions: jvm3
Prolly shouldn't comment as I haven't seen him play this year, but his numbers haven't looked all the impressive. Yes, numbers can be deceiving. But 6 points?
His numbers were naturally going to go down this year. They added Nana down low who's a capable scorer and added Hassan who has proven he can score. They don't need him to score 20 points a game like last season

I don't think anybody thinks St. E is a bum squad, but you have two highly sought after youngsters (Davis and Njoku) and really good guards (Perkins brothers) so that should be enough to win states. Take any combination of that 4 out and yeah, Sanford's gonna have problems.

I don't think anybody thinks St. E is a bum squad, but you have two highly sought after youngsters (Davis and Njoku) and really good guards (Perkins brothers) so that should be enough to win states. Take any combination of that 4 out and yeah, Sanford's gonna have problems.
Im not talking in regards to states, just the StEs game. People saying it shouldn't have been a blowout because they had Jyare, Corey, and Hassan. They are cousins btw

The two reasons varsity players sit this late in the season are A) grades or B) discipline. Gonna go with B, but we'll never know for sure because Stan runs a tight ship and rightfully so.
There was a fight in Atlantic City with one or more of the kids in the hotel and the other kids were filming it. This came from a reliable source

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT