ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight’s scores.... 2/12/2019

38-26 mount at half. Butcher raining 3’s from deeeeep. Ali walking worse than James Harden but pouring on the points!

55 41 end of 3. Ali can pass with the best of them. Butcher with another 3. Brown having a nice game for the Gals.

Reactions: Patcomic
CR leads 34-33 at the half. Win or lose this game Tech is gonna be a tough draw for anybody come tournment time...their defensive pressure is gonna keep them in any game.

CR leads 34-33 at the half. Win or lose this game Tech is gonna be a tough draw for anybody come tournment time...their defensive pressure is gonna keep them in any game.
Agreed! Their guard pressure is tough

61-56 Tech up w/ 2:52 left. Injury right now w/ Kane down on the court for about 5 mins...he has 20 points for Tech so this could be a game-changer. Tech looks hungry out here though.

Last edited:
Tech’s Kane carted out on stretcher after about 20 mins on the floor...hopefully he is OK.

Neither...caught a shot up near the neck area & had to have the brace placed around his neck for support. He did stand up before getting on stretcher though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider and Chill44
The same Indian River team that Milford beat by 61 pts (94-33) about a month ago? That Henlopen South is unpredictably sad...smh

Reactions: Downstate4
Ricky Kane will be fine! Thanks for all the prayers!
That’s good to hear. Tech is a different monster w/ Kane healthy...CR went up 11-0 but as soon as Tech got a couple baskets & that press went to work CR had 0 answers for it. Kane was the best player on the floor tonight before he got hurt, along w/ Johnson who finished w/ 28. Tech starts 5 juniors & will be right there battling w/ Dover next year for that Henlopen North.

Reactions: 84rider and Chill44
That’s good to hear. Tech is a different monster w/ Kane healthy...CR went up 11-0 but as soon as Tech got a couple baskets & that press went to work CR had 0 answers for it. Kane was the best player on the floor tonight before he got hurt, along w/ Johnson who finished w/ 28. Tech starts 5 juniors & will be right there battling w/ Dover next year for that Henlopen North.
I agree, I’ve been saying this from the beginning of the season. When Kane is healthy it will be tough for anybody to beat them. And they will all be back next year. This is also their first year together

I agree, I’ve been saying this from the beginning of the season. When Kane is healthy it will be tough for anybody to beat them. And they will all be back next year. This is also their first year together
Still not enough to take down Dover or Sanford.. Need one piece and that player resides down in Lewes... As I know coach Ayers very well.. He will definitely try in the summer.. Lol.. He like Magic Johnson... Doing a lot of tampering with players..lol

Is Kane suffering the same injury since football or is this a new injury? Hope this young man can get back on track. He is a special athlete. This would be a shame if the injury bug gets to him so early.

Is Kane suffering the same injury since football or is this a new injury? Hope this young man can get back on track. He is a special athlete. This would be a shame if the injury bug gets to him so early.
No, I believe the football injury was the knee & he was playing w/ a brace on the knee. This injury came from a blow he took up around his neck area.

Kane is a tough kid, will bounce back and I'm sure him coming back right around tournament time will bring a hungry and driven Sussex Tech Team.

Reactions: Chill44
Hen South is just nuts.
Lol Milford beats I.R. by 61pionts first time and then loose last night by 16 points.. That goes to show.. Milford must have a YMCA coach coaching .. Lol.. No way in the world that should ever happen... And knowing a win will set up a showdown against Lake for the South title.. All on coach.. Never think every thing is going be easy.. Milford might loose 5 straight.. St.E. and still go to C.R...

Lol Milford beats I.R. by 61pionts first time and then loose last night by 16 points.. That goes to show.. Milford must have a YMCA coach coaching .. Lol.. No way in the world that should ever happen... And knowing a win will set up a showdown against Lake for the South title.. All on coach.. Never think every thing is going be easy.. Milford might loose 5 straight.. St.E. and still go to C.R...
It makes absolutely no sense to me. Woodbridge loses to Delmar & Milford loses to Indian River w/ the Henlopen South on the line in the last 2 weeks of the season...either team wins either one of those games & they are looking at a tie for the Henlopen South. Lake caught a couple good breaks & will now be rewarded w/ a trip to the Conference Championship against Dover next Friday @ DOVER. What are all the Henlopen Chips gonna be played at Dover now even if they are playing in it giving them homecourt advantage? I can’t say I agree w/ that one.

It makes absolutely no sense to me. Woodbridge loses to Delmar & Milford loses to Indian River w/ the Henlopen South on the line in the last 2 weeks of the season...either team wins either one of those games & they are looking at a tie for the Henlopen South. Lake caught a couple good breaks & will now be rewarded w/ a trip to the Conference Championship against Dover next Friday @ DOVER. What are all the Henlopen Chips gonna be played at Dover now even if they are playing in it giving them homecourt advantage? I can’t say I agree w/ that one.
I agree... Little too much to host conference title at your house.. Real strange.. Cape have great gym..

Still not enough to take down Dover or Sanford.. Need one piece and that player resides down in Lewes... As I know coach Ayers very well.. He will definitely try in the summer.. Lol.. He like Magic Johnson... Doing a lot of tampering with players..lol

With Kane they will beat Dover hands down, you will see when they see them in the playoffs, Sanford’s height is tough to match but Guard play I give Tech the nod. Like I said, (IF) Kane plays they will make a run, they can without him but he is their best player and will put them over that hump. Should be interesting.

Reactions: Downstate4
Does it really matter where they play that game? Asking for a friend!

With Kane they will beat Dover hands down, you will see when they see them in the playoffs, Sanford’s height is tough to match but Guard play I give Tech the nod. Like I said, (IF) Kane plays they will make a run, they can without him but he is their best player and will put them over that hump. Should be interesting.
@Chill44, Pump your brakes...LoL Tech would obviously be more competitive w/ Kane against Dover but beating them hands down is a stretch. I like the matchup though.

Does it really matter where they play that game? Asking for a friend!
It absolutely matters...in this case I think the outcome would be a Dover win either way but playing at home is always an added advantage to the home team. I just don’t think you are setting a good precedent...you may say that it doesn’t matter now/this season but what happens in future years when the teams are more evenly matched? Times have changed over the years because I can remember when all postseason games were at neutral sites whether it be play-in games, Conference Championships or playoff games (there were no home games in the 1st Round, 2nd Round or quarterfinals back when only the Final 4 made it to The Bob).

I was also just told that the Henlopen Conference Championship sites are decided before the season even starts which I still disagree w/ for high school basketball. Luckily upstate the Blue Hen Conference has St. Mark’s gym to use.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT