ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight’s scores.... 2/12/2019

It absolutely matters...in this case I think the outcome would be a Dover win either way but playing at home is always an added advantage to the home team. I just don’t think you are setting a good precedent...you may say that it doesn’t matter now/this season but what happens in future years when the teams are more evenly matched? Times have changed over the years because I can remember when all postseason games were at neutral sites whether it be play-in games, Conference Championships or playoff games (there were no home games in the 1st Round, 2nd Round or quarterfinals back when only the Final 4 made it to The Bob).

I was also just told that the Henlopen Conference Championship sites are decided before the season even starts which I still disagree w/ for high school basketball. Luckily upstate the Blue Hen Conference has St. Mark’s gym to use.
Good point. I was only referencing this year but I guess in the bigger picture, you’re correct.

If this was Vegas let’s just say that point spread probably just went from 18.5 to 23.5...LoL

Reactions: Jules1127
With Kane they will beat Dover hands down, you will see when they see them in the playoffs, Sanford’s height is tough to match but Guard play I give Tech the nod. Like I said, (IF) Kane plays they will make a run, they can without him but he is their best player and will put them over that hump. Should be interesting.

Beating Dover hands down??? Come on man, didn’t they barely beat Cape with Kane in the lineup? Let’s not forget that Dover has been down a starting Senior guard-John Lassiter(hand)- who should be back for the post season. Beat Dover hands down? There not beating Dover.

Beating Dover hands down??? Come on man, didn’t they barely beat Cape with Kane in the lineup? Let’s not forget that Dover has been down a starting Senior guard-John Lassiter(hand)- who should be back for the post season. Beat Dover hands down? There not beating Dover.
Should be interesting! I hope they see each other in the playoffs

Reactions: J12
I don't think they beat Dover either. Wishful thinking though..

Reactions: Chill44
And for the conference game, they usually pick the location before the season BUT I (think) they adjust it if a team ends up with a home game, I could be wrong, either way I have Dover winning big

Dover has hosted the conference championships at least the past 3 seasons. 2 of which Dover was in.
When they played Milford a couple years ago with JA and company, they were the "away" team, made them sit on the opposite side of the gym and everything. Was actually quite funny

Dover has hosted the conference championships at least the past 3 seasons. 2 of which Dover was in.
When they played Milford a couple years ago with JA and company, they were the "away" team, made them sit on the opposite side of the gym and everything. Was actually quite funny
Wasn't last yrs game at Milford and they had the big fight with the Cape players?

You like St Mark's gym?
@8yaz, Oh no I wasn't speaking in terms of liking St. Mark's gym (although I haven't been there in a while but didn't have an issue w/ it), I mentioned their gym because it is a neutral site for the Blue Hen Conference to have their Conference Championship game each year.

St. Mark's has the best gym in terms of size of anybody above the canal, so it only makes sense. Parking situation can be goofy at times, but still the best place for a BHC.

With Kane they will beat Dover hands down, you will see when they see them in the playoffs, Sanford’s height is tough to match but Guard play I give Tech the nod. Like I said, (IF) Kane plays they will make a run, they can without him but he is their best player and will put them over that hump. Should be interesting.

Just a reminder Tech was lucky to beat a Penn team that turned it over like 20 times. No guarantees is what I've seen this season.

Reactions: Dropping 3's
Just a reminder Tech was lucky to beat a Penn team that turned it over like 20 times. No guarantees is what I've seen this season.
Tech was not “lucky” as you put it, that was Tech’s defense that forced those turnovers....that’s what they do is force turnovers. CR had to have at least 25 turnovers themselves Tuesday vs Tech. Let’s not take credit away from Tech by calling them lucky. I’m taking Tech over any team in DE right now not named Sanford or Dover IF Kane is healthy & playing.

Last edited:
Tech was not “lucky” as you put it, that was Tech’s defense that forced those turnovers....that’s what they do is force turnovers. CR had to have at least 25 turnovers themselves Tuesday vs Tech. Let’s not take credit away from Tech by calling them lucky. I’m taking Tech over any team in DE right now not named Sanford or Dover IF Kane is healthy & playing.
I agree! At William that was Kane’s first game back from a football injury, since then has looked and felt more comfortable. Tech has maintained without him but with him they will compete with Dover and Sanford.... imagine Dover without eden, CR without Clark or Sanford without Davis.... its tough to get to that next tier without your best player.

Last edited:
St. Mark's has the best gym in terms of size of anybody above the canal, so it only makes sense. Parking situation can be goofy at times, but still the best place for a BHC.
Does anyone know the reason why they set up the seating so that several sections of the stands are past the baseline?

St. Mark’s gym is poorly designed in my opinion. No stands on one side between the three point arcs! What a waste of prime spectator space! (CR’s gym is the same way) Also, probably a third of all seats are beyond the baselines. Sure you can put about 2500 people in there, but half of them have poor seats!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT