ADVERTISEMENT

top 5 defense in the state

Four out of five look like the norm, but one of them really sticks out. Are they really a top five defense? Or do you play for them?

Honestly I think that Defenses in the state as a whole stepped down a notch or two from last year.

-Sallies, still has kilpatrick, but lost all-american cyron and their other 2 poles.

-Towerhill, lost all-american ashley and another pole that was a strong part of their defense.

-Archmere i think returns the core of its defense judging on the amount of seniors they lost.

Mckean, I cant explain why someone would consider putting mckean in the top 5 defenses considering the let mount score 12 goals on them last year, and only beating sanford by 3, a team that thill, freinds, st A's and tat beat up on last year.

-CR, lost a ton of seniors, i only know that their returning a solid pole, johnson, from year if I remember.

-Friends, lost all 4starting poles.

-Cape, lost a ton of seniors, and the core of its defense from last year

-St. Andrews, lost russell and another pole whos name i cant remember

-Charter, lost zalzivar and Kelly, two key defensive players

-Tatnall- lost 2 of their better poles

Overall its a tough to tell who's defense will stand out this year, i think well see a lot new faces this year defensively, maybe a new wave of younger poles will come in.

no sorry to old to play to buzy to coach. Although they are in a weak conf and they did give up a few goals to MT i still like this defense , Lax power had them top 6 for total defense all year long . With easy wins over appo/WP/caravel/newark last year look out for them this year.

Even though Friends lost all 4 starters, the guys replacing them are not green. The d-poles are actually better stick handlers than the group that graduated... Plus, Max Davis at goalie has tons more experience at the net than the guy they had last year...

i looked at lax power's data on Mckeans defense over the last 2yrs and also saw them play against dma and wp last year . Solid team overall with above average O and a good D . Granted Brandywine may have a harder schedule as well as Cr and Cape.

McKeans opponents overall record last year was 87-136. Its not hard to look good on paper with that schedule. I'm sure the players are good and have worked hard, but to say they are a top 5 defense is not accurate. Yeah they played DMA close last year, but had 12 goals put up on them vs Mt. P and Hodgson Tech. Look at Mt. P's schedule, who ever held them under 10 goals is a safe bet to have a better D. Pro 85 it is good that you are talking up a team that are doing good things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT