ADVERTISEMENT

TOP GUYS AT EACH POSITION

For pitchers I would say the top ones are Austin Elliot and David Erickson Cape, Billy Sullivan St Marks, Joey Silan Caravel, Nate Hardcastle Red Lion, Ryan Steckline Appo and Carrow from Smyrna

Trevor jump at mount ?
You've got to be Trevor or his Mom or Dad. Every post you mention Mount Pleasant. At least be honest that you're a Mount homer. It's ok....Pitchers-Silan, Steckline, all three Cape guys, Dunn, Wooten and Keane from M-Town( My son's team). Nowell, Adams and Schwar behind the plate.

Reactions: amp34
You've got to be Trevor or his Mom or Dad. Every post you mention Mount Pleasant. At least be honest that you're a Mount homer. It's ok....Pitchers-Silan, Steckline, all three Cape guys, Dunn, Wooten and Keane from M-Town( My son's team). Nowell, Adams and Schwar behind the plate.

Who does Schwar play for?

Yeah not sure if he's a top 3 catcher. I know it probably hurts to hear this but downstate actually does have some talented kids. Pretty sad only people getting recognized all 3 kids from Cape.

Reactions: 84rider
Schwar?????? I witnessed 22 bases stolen against him at frawley last year smh
FYI...He had a torn labrum at the time which needed surgery to repair. Tried his best to get through the season. Wouldn't have happened if his shoulder was right. MHS three hitter that drives in a lot of runs.

Yeah not sure if he's a top 3 catcher. I know it probably hurts to hear this but downstate actually does have some talented kids. Pretty sad only people getting recognized all 3 kids from Cape.
Really like Dmitri Floyd as well. Don't know a lot of downstate kids but the three kids from Cape are already D1 commits, two from ACC schools.

I agree Jump is good, but not quite in the same categories as the others.

Think Worthy from Dover is a really solid outfielder. Not afraid to lay out for balls and is a pretty consistent hitter. One of the Senators unexpected production alleys last season..

Catcher: Nowell (Conrad) / Adams (Caravel)
Outfield: Fields (Appo) / McGuire (Sallies) / Willis (Red Lion)
Infield: Weglarz (Appo) / Weber (Middletown) / Juhl (Caravel) /
Pitchers: Silan (Caravel) / Sullivan (St. Mark's) / Geloff (Cape) / Steckline (Appo) / Hickox (Dover)

Catcher: Nowell (Conrad) / Adams (Caravel)
Outfield: Fields (Appo) / McGuire (Sallies) / Willis (Red Lion)
Infield: Weglarz (Appo) / Weber (Middletown) / Juhl (Caravel) /
Pitchers: Silan (Caravel) / Sullivan (St. Mark's) / Geloff (Cape) / Steckline (Appo) / Hickox (Dover)
Forgot that Juhl was still at Caravel. Was just talking with guys yesterday about kids and I said he graduated. Seems like he's been there forever. I'll never forget the championship game he had as a freshman. Came up with some big hits.

Reactions: DESPORTSFANFROMPA
Found it interesting that Henderson from Smyrna was not only playing but pitching in the Eagles 1st scrimmage. Didn't expect him to play with his commitment to UD.

@Dover .. More so surprised UD allowed him to play. Get the idea that he's a competitor and would play if he was given permission. As he is now. But agreed, good to see.

Agreed remember when Spaddy was around still and hurt his shoulder during football season UD wasn't happy at all. Like seeing kids compete at other sports they play. Henderson is a freakish athlete hope he stays healthy makes the Henlopen even more exciting.

Reactions: 84rider
No one mentioned Parson-OF from Mount Pleasant. He batted .509 last with a .636 slugging percentage. No I am not a Mount homer, just thought it note worthy when mentioning positions.

William Penn is young and has talent. A couple all conference players return in Hammond and Johns is definetly an underrated pitcher. Finished 5-2 last year on the mound and was up there in the state for strike outs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT