ADVERTISEMENT

Top teams that i project will win state

Sep 4, 2015
1. Sanford: POY, Best coach in the state. and a solid cast of players. St. Georges was my earlier pick but with Hamrick out that's change.
2. Dover: the handling of Smyrna opened my eyes to the possibility. Very talented cast with Allen, Woodlin & the crew.
3. Mt. Pleasant: this may be the year for Burnett to leave with the crown. Deep athletic, talented well coached team.
4. Smyrna: people forget they took down Penn at Penn and have a solid cast with worthy, Matthews and Garnnett. They come to play hard every game.
5. St. Georges: the loss of Hamrich will force other kids to step up. They have the talent and solid leadership at the point in Rawls. I see them struggling for a little but in the end they can beat many teams without him.

Teams that can spoil this:
William Penn: Danny Walsh is one of my favorite kids in the state and their coach is one of the best. They are a grind it out hard nose blue colar defensive team. The reason I did not put them in my top 5 is because other than Walsh, talent is limited. Coaching and hard work is the reason for their success. I think as it gets to state it becomes difficult to rely only on blue colar hustle to win and Walsh will need help with fire power to overcome teams at tournament time.

Appo: talented team with best player talent wise in the state. Their issue is coaching but if they come to play the potential is high for them to win it all. I have had a lot of mixed feeling about this team, I see the talent, know they can beat anyone in the state but are force to play a style that is ruled by their coaches fears to take risk and allow his athletes to play. He panics in tough games and plays this stalled, none aggressive, please let us win game which results in them losing.

Sallies: Young team, lead by talented big and talented young gaurds in Ali, kempski & Alderman. They have finally discovered the high post to take away help side D and have the talent with Guthrie & terrotolla to exploit this. There issue in my opinion is no defined roles with the gaurds and a substitution pattern which destroys confidence including the confidence to take shoots. At times it looks like the runway at the Philadelphia airport on a busy day with the subs. The simple fix is to turn that point gaurd role over to their talented gaurd Fahmir Ali and 2 gaurd role over to kempski, remove the shackles from their feet and let them play, put up shoots and make mistakes without worrying about getting subed every 2 minutes. They do this & Sallies will upset many.

St. Elizabeth: G. Money and the crew is one of those teams that have the talent and experience to beat any team in the state. Cropper is a work horse and plays with an energy that keeps them going. They lack size but have enough scrappy players to make up the difference. Depending on how the brackets are set up they could go far and upset many.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lomcfly
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT