ADVERTISEMENT

Tournament System Ideas

I’d love too see what ideas folks have for a better tournament system. I’m a media member and I’m genuinely looking to collect ideas for a better way to select, seed, and bracket teams.

I have been saying that for a while...all the complaints & no solutions. I like the point system although it may not be perfect...you can’t please everybody & somebody will always be left out.

Reactions: Chill44
I have been saying that for a while...all the complaints & no solutions. I like the point system although it may not be perfect...you can’t please everybody & somebody will always be left out.
I’m a fan of the system too, it’s not bad

How about teams that don't qualify but are .500 or above get a play-in game.

I looked at the teams and I think only 3 would qualify (Archmere, Newark Charter and Wilm Friends).

So just random choices you get:

Archmere at 24 Milford - winner plays at 9 Sussex Tech

Newark Charter at 23 Middletown - winner plays at 10 St Marks

Wilm Friends at 22 Delmar - winner at 11 Wm Penn

Simple fix.. Only give 1 piont for wins against teams under .501.. That will stop all this cupcake schedules just to get in Tourney...
I think you mentioned that before & I like that idea...that’s a start.

I looked at the teams and I think only 3 would qualify (Archmere, Newark Charter and Wilm Friends).

Another nice idea.

I think you mentioned that before & I like that idea...that’s a start.

each blue hen and henlopen conferences have 4 or more teams with under .500 records, playing those teams would be a big disadvantage for those in that conference

...and the seeding is formula based, which means it is neutral. How do you improve the formula. Unsure. I do like BB's idea.

Briggs and Downstate have a nice base to work with. I personally don't mind the point system, but I can see why some do. Honestly, I've always thought it was unfair that Delmarva Christian can tie itself to a conference with most Maryland-based schools with little competitive value and still be considered a DIAA member institution. 18-2 doesn't mean much when you're playing Little Brothers of the poor.

I like that idea.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT