ADVERTISEMENT

Upcoming Season

Oct 1, 2010
Okay, mid September everyone is settled in to school. Any transfers? Where have the top incoming freshman landed?

It would be nice to talk some wrestling, but I haven't heard anything and I'm kinda out of the loop on incoming Freshmen. Transfer talk has been quiet, I haven't even heard any rumors, which is weird.

Cam Hayes to C R
Navarnik to St Georges.
Some notable freshman.
Nick Natarcola to Smyrna
Chris Handlin to Cape
Mike wright to S C

Caravel took a hit in the light weights with Nick Novarnik going to St Georges and Harry Latch to Salesianum.. They did get a shot in the arm in the heavier class with Keith Medley transferring in from St Marks

Caravel took a hit in the light weights with Nick Novarnik going to St Georges and Harry Latch to Salesianum.. They did get a shot in the arm in the heavier class with Keith Medley transferring in from St Marks
Sallies loods like they are making à living of of transfers
Sallies went with that ole "if ya can't beat em join em" it seems. Took their 106 last year from caravel and now took another of their tough kids. They also got the kid last year 45/52 from charter. That's what you have to do I guess to hang with the big boys down here.

Last edited:

Sallies went with that ole "if ya can't beat em join em" it seems. Took their 106 last year from caravel and now took another of their tough kids. They also got the kid last year 45/52 from charter. That's what you have to do I guess to hang with the big boys down here.

With all do respect... Latch always wanted to go to Sals.. Just had to finish Middle School first.. Its not uncommon for kids at privates that house k-12 for some kids to want to go to a different High School.. Its not really a transfer unless they change high schools after they start High School.. In my opinion

Not to defend Sallies, but Latch was in 8th last year, so I wouldn't consider that a transfer. Kelly moving to Sallies was the same thing last year. It's a shame for Caravel though. Looked like they were really building something, but I don't blame them. Spending 9 years in the same school, I'd want to try something different too.

Love when people talk about stuff they have NO CLUE about. <insert sarcasm>

Jay Jaun Jones from Mckean has transferred to A.I. duPont High School. He was a 2nd year wrestler as a sophomore last year and had a break out year with a record of 27-8. His family moved and his new feeder is now A.I. I will miss JayJaun as he was a hard worker in the wrestling room and wish him the best of luck. Should place top 6 in the state this year as a Junior at 220lbs. I know Coach Bell over at A.I. will do well with him.

So with the moves mentioned above, what does that do to your thoughts on team standings?

Maybe????
1 Smyrna
2 CR
3 Sallies
4 Cape

1 Milford
2 Sanford
3 St Georges
4 DMA

160 has the potential to be a monster weight class. You got Wilson, Bennett, Taylor, Blaasch, Mitchell all returning as Seniors. If Marcozzi hangs out around there, it gets even crazier! Maybe somebody will stay down or jump up. Only one kid gets a fancy bracket sheet at each weight class!

I think A.I duPont will have a solid top 10 season this year. They were very competitive last year and only graduated one senior. They also have the transfer JayJuan Jones from Mckean. Although they did not have a state placer last year, they had 10 wrestlers go to states and will be solid up and down the lineup with the potential for many wrestlers to place in the top 6. They do not have one or two dominant state final wrestlers, but are very solid up and down the lineup. Alex Guerrera, Imere Miller, Jordan Washam, JayJuan Jones, Jake Somerville, Felipe Rosdao, Jamier Schaner, Kerry Galloway, and Isiah Bell are all returning wrestlers. All placed top 5 in conferences and went to the state tournament last year. Jake Somerville, Imere Miller, Jamier Schaener, JayJuan Jones, and Isiahe Bell should all place in the top 6 in the state this year IMO. Look for A.I. to do well this year and be ranked in the top 10 for the first time in few years.

So you really think AI will have 5 state placers? I'll watch the state finals in a speedo if they have 5 state placers. Blue hen just doesn't get it. Hodgson thought they were the bees knees last season and had what...one or two state placers? Don't know any of those kids but sounds like they will have an ok team. Maybe have 6-7 state qualifiers but I'd be shocked if two place at states. Not being insulting to the kids but just don't see it. Good luck to them and I'll bring a speedo just in case.

Well then be ready to suit up my friend! I am telling you I believe that you will see about 9 or 10 go to states (just like they did last year) and have 4 or 5 place winners. There 126lbs, 132lbs, 138lbs,220lbs, and HWT.

Well then be ready to suit up my friend! I am telling you I believe that you will see about 9 or 10 go to states (just like they did last year) and have 4 or 5 place winners. There 126lbs, 132lbs, 138lbs,220lbs, and HWT.
Ok we will see but neither WP or Middletown had that many last year and with all due respect to the young men at AI, they aren't WP or Middletown at least yet. New coach seems to be doing well after a few years of chaos up there. Good luck

Love what the coaching staff is doing at AI. Getting better and better, It would also be great to see more NCC wrestlers on the podium. Those weights from 126-138 are probably the most consistently stacked every year so They will need their A game to get on the podium.

I think there is a slow trend happening right now. NCC is starting to close the gap. Out of the 15 returning finalist from last year, 8 are from NCC...that's got to be a positive!

I love it when people hide behind their user name and talk smack about other schols and their programs. Remember opinions are like butt holes. Everyone has one and they all stink. Go Sals!
Okay, mid September everyone is settled in to school. Any transfers? Where have the top incoming freshman landed?

Reactions: Dahammer23
ok Carl so tell me how many transfers Sallies has on their roster at this time. Do you know? Bet they have more than St marks now or any other Independent conf team

To be honest with all of you, there are transfers on A DAILY BASIS in the public school system. Students move in with Aunts or Uncles, or their family moves and now the student must go to their new feeder pattern. We do not hear of all of these transfers because they might not be of the quality of wrestler to really make any news.

My point is that transferring schools has been a part of the system for years and happens all the time with student-athletes. So, who really cares if a student started somewhere as a Freshman or if they transfer in as a Junior. If the student or parents wants to go to a particular school, than that is their right. Wait, what was this argument about again?

thats fine just would rather see a team build like a dover, cape, wp or middletown than one that builds off of other teams kids.

ok Carl so tell me how many transfers Sallies has on their roster at this time. Do you know? Bet they have more than St marks now or any other Independent conf team
Um I know exactly how many they have. One
That's right just one. The charter trans.
The other ones we coming from middle school. And let's not talk transfers with kids
changing schools like 80's fashion down state.

Sorry Carl but you are wrong. They also have a kid that was at Conrad last year. And the others tranferred from a high school program so they count as well. I believe they have 4-5 starters this year that started with another high school team.
As for CR and Smyrna, I know and thats why I said they went with the if you can't beat them then join them mentality. Of course its not like the 80's with the teams down here and St Marks upstate but thats only because of the DIAA.

He's from Concord not Conrad and I can assure you he was not recruited at all by Sallies coaches.
Sals does not recruite for wrestling! Trust me when I know sallies wrestling. 1 highschool transfer. But that's cool nobody is going pro or anything. Makes them better men for them having wrestled. GO SALS!!!

Reactions: sweep- single
Who cares about transfers! WHO CARES! Everyone has their reasons and that is their right. Jesus, wrestling is supposed to be a sport of MEN and you all sound like lil boys bickering. Would it be nice if every student athlete went to the same high school heir entire career?...yes. But everyone has their reason whether it is because of money, sport, location, family issues, or academics. I am not going to judge any student or parent for transferring as I do not not their situation or reasoning. I wish all wrestlers this year the best of luck

Who cares about transfers! WHO CARES! Everyone has their reasons and that is their right. Jesus, wrestling is supposed to be a sport of MEN and you all sound like lil boys bickering. Would it be nice if every student athlete went to the same high school heir entire career?...yes. But everyone has their reason whether it is because of money, sport, location, family issues, or academics. I am not going to judge any student or parent for transferring as I do not not their situation or reasoning. I wish all wrestlers this year the best of luck
Well said!!!!!

Think I am safe after seeing that only two placed at Delcastle which is not quite as tough as states. Dont believe the hype...believe results!
Now who are the surprise teams so far? Any surprise individuals?

Reactions: spartakos
Sussex Central looks pretty solid up and down the lineup. Nice to see Laurel competing again!

1. myrealname
  2. So you really think AI will have 5 state placers? I'll watch the state finals in a speedo if they have 5 state placers. Blue hen just doesn't get it. Hodgson thought they were the bees knees last season and had what...one or two state placers? Don't know any of those kids but sounds like they will have an ok team. Maybe have 6-7 state qualifiers but I'd be shocked if two place at states. Not being insulting to the kids but just don't see it. Good luck to them and I'll bring a speedo just in case.

1. AllHeart28

-------------------------------------------------------
So @AllHeart28 can I get a "yes you were right myrealname?" I said 6-7 qualifiers and looking through the results just now I see 7. I see Sommerville and Schaener as maybes to place. No way they get 5 placers. Decent year but not top 10. I will leave my speedo at home, but I am only a 10-15 minute drive away should a miracle happen!

Reactions: spartakos
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT