ADVERTISEMENT

Week One Friday/Saturday Scores

rr2...I don't know what has happened in your life over this past year but you certainly don't seem to post comments as sensible and thoughtful as last year. I hope you are just in your forum posting scrimmage phase of the season and will settle into rhythm soon. I have been wondering if your account had been hacked! "with the murders and all"...really?

Reactions: UDelaware5138
rr2...I don't know what has happened in your life over this past year but you certainly don't seem to post comments as sensible and thoughtful as last year. I hope you are just in your forum posting scrimmage phase of the season and will settle into rhythm soon. I have been wondering if your account had been hacked! "with the murders and all"...really?
you dont think having two kids murdered from your school has an effect ? it is a pretty big deal and tough for a school and students to deal with..not to mention they may have had parents pull kids because of it.. not saying thats the reason but it could have an effect for sure,,

If you had said the they have had a tough year, everyone would have gotten the message. But, you express yourself as you wish. I don't have to comment on everything I find distasteful. Neither of our opinions count for much really.

If you had said the they have had a tough year, everyone would have gotten the message. But, you express yourself as you wish. I don't have to comment on everything I find distasteful. Neither of our opinions count for much really.
Its what I meant but I am not a professional writer ,, so things get interpreted as they do,, Its the risk you take as an amateur writing on a forum..also my spell check stopped working and I dont know how to get it back

he or she is just smartin over a preconceived notion its no big deal they are good people none the less

@p.walleye .where was all the long runs that were called back at the Central/Laurel game? I think I counted 0 long runs called back on penalties. There were a couple unsportsmanlike penalties called but the game was pretty much flag free.
Lol sorry proud I made the mistake on Thursday talking about a long pic 6 that was called back and RR kind of came unglued about it. Thier were no long runs that I saw either. To be honest I am really not sure how many total yard laurel even had

[QUOTE=" Judge centered the ball out of end zone on an attempted punt. Then on the ensuing free kick Slowsky #3 returned it for a TD. ( I only have seen that 2 other times in my long life.).[/QUOTE]

I saw this yesterday at the Caravel vs Concord game..ony it was #21 who returned it... fwi I dont know who #21 is for Concord but that kid can play

Last edited:
I found out #21 is Kyle Batch. He transferred from Mt. Pleasant. I didn't get there till the middle of 2nd Quarter (which in most games would have been the end of 4th Quarter) but Concord played with 6 different backs 6, 3, 11, 21, 33, and 5, and rotated their lineman (Most went one way). I figured on a hot day like that, the longer that game went, the tougher it would go mostly on Caravel. Most Big Division 1 schools have that open advantage and can play that numbers game. Not taking anything away from a talented Concord team. They are a solid contender, but Caravel was at a serious disadvantage. Also heard Caravel showed up extra early (around 7am ish)to Concord to practice. Concord offered for them to practice in the gym AC, but Caravel coaches declined. What were they thinking? Was that being cocky or plain stupidity?

The heat and fatigue also took a toll on Concord. They received a bunch of penalties in the red zone twice with a TD being called back. They easily should have been up 3 TDs at halftime. Going forward, they cannot do that playing their games against Penn, Sals, and MT. At the end of the game, the announcer said they had more penalty yards then passing yds.

Last edited:
I found out #21 is Kyle Batch. He transferred from Mt. Pleasant. I didn't get there till the middle of 2nd Quarter (which in most games would have been the end of 4th Quarter) but Concord looked to feature 4 different backs and rotated their lineman. I figured on a hot day like that, the longer that game went, the tougher it would go mostly on Caravel. Most Big Division 1 schools have that open advantage and can play that numbers game. Not taking anything away from a talented Concord team. They are a solid contender, but Caravel was at a serious disadvantage. Also heard Caravel showed up extra early to Concord to practice. Concord offered for them to practice in the gym AC, but Caravel coached declined. What were they thinking? Was that being cocky or plain stupidity?

The heat and fatigue also took a toll on Concord. They received a bunch of penalties in the red zone twice with a TD being called back. They easily should have been up 3 TDs at halftime. Going forward, they cannot do that playing their games against Penn, Sals, and MT. At the end of the game, the announcer said they had more penalty yards then passing yds.

wow didnt know CA did that.. That was dumb.. It was a very long game and certainly to Concords advantage with the numbers..CA was obviously gassed in second half. I also agree Concord could have been up much more by haf, They were leaning and starting early on just about every play and the refs called the obvious ones but could have called many more.... CA had the athletes to compete with them but just not the muscle and depth

Kyle Batch is a very good player with excellent ballance and #50 on D was very disruptive and kept coming all game.. Barker took a beating

wow didnt know CA did that.. That was dumb.. It was a very long game and certainly to Concords advantage with the numbers..CA was obviously gassed in second half. I also agree Concord could have been up much more by haf, They were leaning and starting early on just about every play and the refs called the obvious ones but could have called many more.... CA had the athletes to compete with them but just not the muscle and depth

Kyle Batch is a very good player with excellent ballance and #50 on D was very disruptive and kept coming all game.. Barker took a beating
RR did you notice that the ref that was calling most of those calls on Concord did not come out to finish the rest of the game? Not saying there was a conspiracy behind it, but I think he was pissing the other refs off for prolonging the game with all of the flags he was throwing on both teams.

#50 is a BEAST!!!!! Last name Mack! I was told he is one of the kids that transferred from Glen Mills. A. Roberts is going to always get his, but I know for sure he is happy to have him in front of him on that D Line. He makes being a linebacker even easier, when O Lines have to stay and double or TRIPLE up to help out with him.

Last edited:
RR did you notice that the ref that was calling most of those calls on Concord did not come out to finish the rest of the game? Not saying there was a conspiracy behind it, but I think he was pissing the other refs off for prolonging the game with all of the flags he was throwing on both teams.
lol I didnt notice that but Concord was starting early just about every play no conspiracy he was just probably trying to do his job ,, weird situation do you keep throwing flags or eventually give up and let it happen?

I am not saying it was an advantage for Concord either.. basically the backs were leaning early every play. Technically a false start but not neccesarily an advateage.. They are tipping where they are going.. I think CA coaches picked up on it and it showed in the second half as CA's D was all over it

Dude Mack was coming all game long and even when he whiffed he spun arround and kept coming... dude doesnt give up on plays and goes until the whistle... I would take him on my team any day

Last edited:
The Slowskys barely hung on against Judge. Judge scored on 2 long pass plays. Slowskys offense wasn't much. Of the 16 points they scored 2 were on a safety when Judge centered the ball out of end zone on an attempted punt. Then on the ensuing free kick Slowsky #3 returned it for a TD. ( I only have seen that 2 other times in my long life.)

Slowskys also scored on a long pass to #3. This kid also had a couple INTs. The kid was the the show.
The Slowskys played most of the 4th quarter with their 2nd string QB.

I think the heat and the long bus ride got to Judge. Slowsky Band and Padua cheerleaders had much better coordination than their O line which is un syncopated. Judge head coach went ballistic in 4th Q and got 2 consecutive unsportsmanlike penalties. That gave the Slowskys the ability to run out the clock inside their own 15.

Tomorrow, Bummy may go to Delcastle - Smyrna which will be a remake of the clubbing baby seals video.

Good night.
That is a nationally ranked cheer team Bummy. Your bias has no limits!!

Reactions: ravensrooster2
CA cancelled the JV game because they have no qb to play. The head official left the game at half time due to heat. Concord doesn't cover the deep pass well at all, but plays the run extremely well and they will run on anyone in DE.

Reactions: jwb703
Wonder what was going through that Freshman's head when Barker went out. Having guys like Avery Roberts coming after you lol.. I believe it was#50 who welcomed him to Varsity football with a shot.. kid got up though

Last edited:
That is a nationally ranked cheer team Bummy. Your bias has no limits!!

Bummy had no criticism of the band or cheerleaders. I was pointing out the O line deficiencies (especially in the first half.). The O line actually was the reason the Slowskys iced the clock as the game wound down. The run defense was solid against a team that had 3 preseason All South East PA offensive players. The DBs had 3 INTs and one spectacular pass break up. ......but if a Judge had gotten the ball back in decent field position in the last 3 minutes they would have won 20-16. Judge's coach's lack of self control cost them with at least 3 unsportsmanlike penalties including 2 in a row in the 4th quarter.

During the regular season I plan to see the Slowskys only 2 more times MDT and Smyrna. Then I will have more clarity of thought.

I intensely watch these games and my bias has limits. What did I miss?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT