ADVERTISEMENT

Week One Friday/Saturday Scores

Brandon Bossert ‏@BrandonBozWDEL 2m2 minutes ago
Fry to Nicholas Johnston 27 yards on third down. 48-0 under 2 left in 3rd. That's 6 TDs passing for Fry. He's a sophomore #delhs

Statement made!.. Hendo I am coming for your throne.. have a night kid
rr...be careful poking a dog with a stick. You will be comfortable at your keyboard while someone else might get bit. I'm sure Fry is no more making a statement to Hendo than Hendo is caring what Fry does. These kids strap 'em up and enter the arena for our entertainment. They don't need spectators stirring things up. IMO

Benny Mitchell ‏@DelaHammer 3m3 minutes ago
Woodbridge 33 Dover 12 Final. #delhs

Carl Marvin ‏@carlmarvin14 3m3 minutes ago
42-0 tatnall #delhs
rr...be careful poking a dog with a stick. You will be comfortable at your keyboard while someone else might get bit. I'm sure Fry is no more making a statement to Hendo than Hendo is caring what Fry does. These kids strap 'em up and enter the arena for our entertainment. They don't need spectators stirring things up. IMO

hey I am entertained but this forum is no feel good football site its show me...we dont hand out participation trophy's here.. if your gonna talk the talk then take the walk..Hendo is game I am sure... I realize neither of these kids are talking and both are just trying to do their jobs to win games for their teams,,,

To everyone posting scores, thank you very much. To those adding the banter back and forth among adults, thank you too. Straight scores would be boring. Don't think any kids will square off over DEPREP post. IMO

Adrian Martin ‏@JRolly08 6m6 minutes ago
Game tightening up with another FG touchdown. Sallies 16, Father Judge 13 #delhs

wbocsports ‏@WBOCsports 5m5 minutes ago
DE HS FOOTBALL: Delmar opens the season with a 34-13 win at Smithsburg #delhs

William Bretzger ‏@billbretz 4m4 minutes ago
Bizarre play puts WP on top - short fumble return for TD as players seemed to think play dead #delhs 20-16 pending PAT, 9:06 to play

William Bretzger ‏@billbretz 4m4 minutes ago
2 pt conversion fails, score remains 20-16 WP over StG #delhs

To everyone posting scores, thank you very much. To those adding the banter back and forth among adults, thank you too. Straight scores would be boring. Don't think any kids will square off over DEPREP post. IMO
No the kids are young adults and find humor in our bantering.. They get it and find it funny as well.. they are not babies.. lol

dude he is playing Red Lion.. one of the worst teams in the country.. lets wait to see how he does against better competition before claiming one of the best in state

David Bowman has been one of the better RBs in the state the moment he stepped on a HS field so I don't know where this garbage "wait until he plays better talent" comes from. He's a special player but it's a damn shame he plays for Milford.

David Bowman has been one of the better RBs in the state the moment he stepped on a HS field so I don't know where this garbage "wait until he plays better talent" comes from. He's a special player but it's a damn shame he plays for Milford.
Ok? how else can you rate a back other than the competition he plays against? What are his measurables?

Looks like Penn is going to hold on, but this is either a very good sign for St. Georges or Penn might not be as strong as many suspected. Either way, great back and forth game to start the season.

Ok? how else can you rate a back other than the competition he plays against? What are his measurables?

I think Smack is talking about the fact that DJ is a junior and has been a two-way starter since he was a freshman. His talent might get overlooked a little because of where he plays - and God knows how the kid stays healthy given his size and the amount of carries Milford gives him - but it's not like he is an unknown to most people.

dude he is playing Red Lion.. one of the worst teams in the country.. lets wait to see how he does against better competition before claiming one of the best in state

I respect your opinion & knowledge of some teams because I read a lot of posts on here & choose to post very little but you are well off on this one...I am not one of the young kids looking to pump a kid up w/ any type of personal agenda or anything like that. I did not attend the game tonight & wasn't sure if the kid even played but I witnessed him be a workhorse as a 14-year old freshman 2 yrs ago when everyone knew he was getting the ball & also saw him las

Jon Buzby ‏@JonBuzby 14m14 minutes ago
Only a knee is needed and @William_Pennhs hangs on for 27-24 win over St Georges. #delhs
I respect your opinion & knowledge of some teams because I read a lot of posts on here & choose to post very little but you are well off on this one...I am not one of the young kids looking to pump a kid up w/ any type of personal agenda or anything like that. I did not attend the game tonight & wasn't sure if the kid even played but I witnessed him be a workhorse as a 14-year old freshman 2 yrs ago when everyone knew he was getting the ball & also saw him las
I am also in no way saying the kid isnt one of the best backs in the league.. I dont know never saw him play or ever heard of him... just saying Red Lion wasnt a good barometer to make such a claim

Looks like Penn is going to hold on, but this is either a very good sign for St. Georges or Penn might not be as strong as many suspected. Either way, great back and forth game to start the season.
True I dont know whether to bump St G or bing Penn or a little of both

I think Smack is talking about the fact that DJ is a junior and has been a two-way starter since he was a freshman. His talent might get overlooked a little because of where he plays - and God knows how the kid stays healthy given his size and the amount of carries Milford gives him - but it's not like he is an unknown to most people.
I understand that alot of kids start two ways as a freshman in D2.. but measurables are one thing and competition is another thing.. I am not saying the kid isnt a great player.. but RL is not a team to make such a claim.. He destroyed a D2 JV team at best..

I read a lot of posts on here from you & respect your opinion but I am not anyone w/ an agenda pumping this kid up so your are well off on this one. I have witnessed this kid be a workhorse as a 14-year old freshman for a bad team when everyone knew he was getting the ball 2 years ago & saw him last year too. He is legit...if you have not seen him then try to if you get a chance & then let me know what you think "dude".

FYI...I was not at the game tonight Milford vs Red Lion so was not basing my thoughts off of that game. I'd suggest you speak w/ someone who has seen him or coaches familiar w/ him.

I understand that alot of kids start two ways as a freshman in D2.. but measurables are one thing and competition is another thing.. I am not saying the kid isnt a great player.. but RL is not a team to make such a claim.. He destroyed an D2 JV team at best..

Point is, he isn't making the claim based off of one game this season against a bad team. There's been plenty of other opportunities to see him in the past.

Second that, kid is for real and humble, just because he doesn't play for MT, WP or SALS, doesn't mean that he's not one off the best RB in the state.

Other, running backs are sometimes in a better situation or on a team the highlights there talent. I would go further and say that if he was 2-3 inches taller he would already be getting major D1 interest.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Second that, kid is for real and humble, just because he doesn't play for MT, WP or SALS, doesn't mean that he's not one off the best RB in the state.

Other, running backs are sometimes in a better situation or on a team the highlights there talent. I would go further and say that if he was 2-3 inches taller he would already be getting major D1 interest.
Thats a bunch of if and buts,, `if you want to say pound for pound he is one of the best I could get with that..

Here. I didn't watch it, but I'm sure there is some good things on it.

OK watched it.. I like him a ton on D,, Great instincts, fearless, closses fast and tackles well,, A bit of an ankle biter but thats ok it works for him,, At RB he reminds me a bit of Reggie Carroll ,, Quick feat inside and runs hard and finishes,, Definately a great ball player.. D1 no Top 5 RB in the state no.. Top ten maybe

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT