ADVERTISEMENT

Week One Friday/Saturday Scores

Woodbridge was a tale of 2 teams tonight. Came out swinging and went up big on Dover with Haynes getting out some good passes, moved the ball well. Not sure why Dover kept running to Vessels side in 1st half with Styles out this game, just made it harder on themselves. 2nd half, WB came out flat, lots of key players down with cramps causing miscommunication and personnel not being in the right places. O-line was getting pushed around, not much chance for Haynes to do much (although perhaps a few screen passes may have helped). Dover had no quit in them but just couldn't put good drives together. Big win for the Raiders to beat a DI program out of the gate. Can't wait to see vs Friends in 2 weeks.

The Slowskys barely hung on against Judge. Judge scored on 2 long pass plays. Slowskys offense wasn't much. Of the 16 points they scored 2 were on a safety when Judge centered the ball out of end zone on an attempted punt. Then on the ensuing free kick Slowsky #3 returned it for a TD. ( I only have seen that 2 other times in my long life.)

Slowskys also scored on a long pass to #3. This kid also had a couple INTs. The kid was the the show.
The Slowskys played most of the 4th quarter with their 2nd string QB.

I think the heat and the long bus ride got to Judge. Slowsky Band and Padua cheerleaders had much better coordination than their O line which is un syncopated. Judge head coach went ballistic in 4th Q and got 2 consecutive unsportsmanlike penalties. That gave the Slowskys the ability to run out the clock inside their own 15.

Tomorrow, Bummy may go to Delcastle - Smyrna which will be a remake of the clubbing baby seals video.

Good night.

Raven you have seen all the long runs that were called back tonight at the laurel central game. You would have gone insane!!!

Raven you have seen all the long runs that were called back tonight at the laurel central game. You would have gone insane!!!
Um no I wouldn't.. I don't consider long plays called back.. not even for the teams I root for,, I side with the officials ,, if they saw something then who is to say the big play wouldn;t have happened without the penalty.. Officials make mistakes for sure but what do we have without them? More times than not they were right.. Fans see it the way they want to even when replays shows it clearly they still disagree with the call.. I see it all the time

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Point is, he isn't making the claim based off of one game this season against a bad team. There's been plenty of other opportunities to see him in the past.
OK watched it.. I like him a ton on D,, Great instincts, fearless, closses fast and tackles well,, A bit of an ankle biter but thats ok it works for him,, At RB he reminds me a bit of Reggie Carroll ,, Quick feat inside and runs hard and finishes,, Definately a great ball player.. D1 no Top 5 RB in the state no.. Top ten maybe

I wasn't even aware that he played D but as far as the ankle biter comment goes last time I checked you can't run w/o ankles. But honestly U cannot judge top players by highlight videos cuz of course you only see the good so the fact that you have not seen him play in person & watch one highlight reel & make that assessment says a lot...you already have your mind made up. That's cool but like I IMO the kid is very very good.

I wasn't even aware that he played D but as far as the ankle biter comment goes last time I checked you can't run w/o ankles. But honestly U cannot judge top players by highlight videos cuz of course you only see the good so the fact that you have not seen him play in person & watch one highlight reel & make that assessment says a lot...you already have your mind made up. That's cool but like I IMO the kid is very very good.
did you not even read what I wrote? you focused on the ankle biter comment but that was a compliment. My comment was soley based on a response from his performance vs Red lion,,, I watched the video you posted you didn't WTF?

Last edited:
Whats with the folks from southern DE you say anything about any of the kids or coaches they get unhinged,, toughen up folks constructive criticism is a good thing,, drop the small man disease synydrom.. Too be honest DE has a Napolean complex..

I never really got into this who is better than who thing. The one thing I do know is that Bowman is one of the most entertaining players in the South. The thing with him is, you need to see him play a game in person to appreciate what he brings to the table. While others around him appear to be wearing down, he appears capable of finding another gear. I could probably give you a list 20 names long of players more physically gifted than him that could have gotten D-1 offers if they had his heart.

To try and project what he would look like on another team is kind of fruitless really. He has been to a few camps and graded out nicely at them, ultimately that will be the true barometer of his talent. In the meantime, he's a great kid, great teammate and well worth the price of admission on a Friday night, which I will gladly refund in the form of a beer at the Milford Tavern following the game.

Last edited:
Whats with the folks from southern DE you say anything about any of the kids or coaches they get unhinged,, toughen up folks constructive criticism is a good thing,, drop the small man disease synydrom.. Too be honest DE has a Napolean complex..

Weird because every time someone says something about ECAravel you come unhinged. Or Sallies. Or if anyone supports a team that complained about a private school (see thread where you called Woodbridge's coach a bitch for complaining about Caravel). Or if anyone calls you out for criticizing a teenage boy for going to a passing camp (see thread where you told me you were finding out where I lived so you could harm me because I said what you said about Smyrna's QB was a cheap shot and how you wouldn't like someone saying that about your son if he were ever a top player). And if I recall you were the top Red Lion cheerleader and came unhinged when people would tell you about their true colors, only to find out you were wrong the whole time.

Get a life

I never really got into this who is better than who thing. The one thing I do know is that Bowman is one of the most entertaining players in the South. The thing with him is you need to see him play a game in person to appreciate what he brings to the table. While others around him appear to be wearing down, he appears capable of finding another gear. I could probably give you a list 20 names long of players more physically gifted than him that could have gotten D-1 offers if they had his heart.

To try and project what he would look like on another team is kind of fruitless really. He has been to a few camps and graded out nicely at them, ultimately that will be the true barometer of his talent. In the meantime, he's a great kid, great teammate and well worth the price of admission on a Friday night, which I will gladly refund in the form of a beer at the Milford Tavern following the game.
Might take you up on that.. never been to Milford...dont even know where it is lol but I like to watch a kid with heart doing more with less. thats for sure

Weird because every time someone says something about ECAravel you come unhinged. Or Sallies. Or if anyone supports a team that complained about a private school (see thread where you called Woodbridge's coach a bitch for complaining about Caravel). Or if anyone calls you out for criticizing a teenage boy for going to a passing camp (see thread where you told me you were finding out where I lived so you could harm me because I said what you said about Smyrna's QB was a cheap shot and how you wouldn't like someone saying that about your son if he were ever a top player). And if I recall you were the top Red Lion cheerleader and came unhinged when people would tell you about their true colors, only to find out you were wrong the whole time.

Get a life

You show up in this board obsessing about Reeder and Sallies, which manifests into an obsession with hating on Caravel because they picked up a few ECA kids and now your obsessed with another guy on this forum who has you blocked and can't see your post about him and you tell HIM to get a life. That's rich!!!

Reactions: Jawnsky
@p.walleye .where was all the long runs that were called back at the Central/Laurel game? I think I counted 0 long runs called back on penalties. There were a couple unsportsmanlike penalties called but the game was pretty much flag free.

The Slowskys barely hung on against Judge. Judge scored on 2 long pass plays. Slowskys offense wasn't much. Of the 16 points they scored 2 were on a safety when Judge centered the ball out of end zone on an attempted punt. Then on the ensuing free kick Slowsky #3 returned it for a TD. ( I only have seen that 2 other times in my long life.)

Slowskys also scored on a long pass to #3. This kid also had a couple INTs. The kid was the the show.
The Slowskys played most of the 4th quarter with their 2nd string QB.

I think the heat and the long bus ride got to Judge. Slowsky Band and Padua cheerleaders had much better coordination than their O line which is un syncopated. Judge head coach went ballistic in 4th Q and got 2 consecutive unsportsmanlike penalties. That gave the Slowskys the ability to run out the clock inside their own 15.

Tomorrow, Bummy may go to Delcastle - Smyrna which will be a remake of the clubbing baby seals video.

Good night.

Uncle Bummy; I do not know what could even possess you to go in this heat to see a modern version of "Slaughter on 10th Avenue". You know the old saying..."Only mad dogs and Englishmen".

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
David Bowman has been one of the better RBs in the state the moment he stepped on a HS field so I don't know where this garbage "wait until he plays better talent" comes from. He's a special player but it's a damn shame he plays for Milford.

He might be the next Barry Sanders but I could run for 500 yards on RL and I am old and fat.

That's all he is saying

Reactions: spartakos
Might take you up on that.. never been to Milford...dont even know where it is lol but I like to watch a kid with heart doing more with less. thats for sure

More physically gifted as in somewhat taller, I am guessing is what Kev means. The kid is pretty athletic and strong. And he works hard. Word was his dad has him out Saturdays, day after games, running sprints in the sand.

By the way, Milford is a fine town. Certainly trumps any other place in southern Delaware if you ask me.

Reactions: 84rider
MAN, what a horrible break for Caravel. I was looking forward to seeing them progress this season, but if this Barker injury is as bad as believed, that's a HUGE blow to their playoff hopes.

Reactions: spartakos
Concord 30 Caravel 19. Caravel players are dropping left and right. It looks like Vietnam on the Caravel sideline.

More physically gifted as in somewhat taller, I am guessing is what Kev means. The kid is pretty athletic and strong. And he works hard. Word was his dad has him out Saturdays, day after games, running sprints in the sand.

By the way, Milford is a fine town. Certainly trumps any other place in southern Delaware if you ask me.
Yes, taller is the word I was looking for. Yes have such a gift for words, you should sell auto parts.

Broken ankle

Heard it was a dislocated ankle but thats essentially the same thing.. Can't dislocate a ankle without a fracture and/or ruptured lateral ligaments.. Chances are is done for the season... Ironically the same injury that took Sills out his SR year.. crazy, I feel bad for the kid.. I hope he can make it back for baseball at least..

Last edited:
Reactions: A.I.Pride
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT