ADVERTISEMENT

Wesley 90 - Del State 93 (OT)

J12

D1AA Prospect
Feb 18, 2002
Del State beat Wesley today 93-90 in OT in an exhibition game that Wesley led by 10 in the second half. Wesley’s backcourt could be one of the better Division 3 backcourts around with senior Brian Cameron (DMA) & sophomore Greg Bloodsworth (Smyrna). Cameron finished w/ 34 pts, 14 rebs & 6 assists while Bloodsworth had 12 pts & 2 assists. Freshman Michael McCants (St. George’s) also has 12 pts & 10 rebs. Del State’s John Crosby had 37 pts & 11 rebs.

It has been a topic on here multiple times about how our 2 D1 programs of UD & Del State don’t typically do much recruiting in-state & I don’t usually pay it much attention but the results of this game has me on board. Cameron also dropped 30 on UD 2 years ago in an exhibition game as a sophomore. I didn’t get to make the game today but had a few friends that did & jokingly said that Del State should offer 2-3 players from Wesley scholarships immediately to come play for them...LoL They also said that Cameron was hands down the best player on the floor today.

Del State beat Wesley today 93-90 in OT in an exhibition game that Wesley led by 10 in the second half. Wesley’s backcourt could be one of the better Division 3 backcourts around with senior Brian Cameron (DMA) & sophomore Greg Bloodsworth (Smyrna). Cameron finished w/ 34 pts, 14 rebs & 6 assists while Bloodsworth had 12 pts & 2 assists. Freshman Michael McCants (St. George’s) also has 12 pts & 10 rebs. Del State’s John Crosby had 37 pts & 11 rebs.

It has been a topic on here multiple times about how our 2 D1 programs of UD & Del State don’t typically do much recruiting in-state & I don’t usually pay it much attention but the results of this game has me on board. Cameron also dropped 30 on UD 2 years ago in an exhibition game as a sophomore. I didn’t get to make the game today but had a few friends that did & jokingly said that Del State should offer 2-3 players from Wesley scholarships immediately to come play for them...LoL They also said that Cameron was hands down the best player on the floor today.

J12 I was at the game and Cameron was definitely the best player on the floor. The scary part is that he wasn’t hitting from deep like he normally does. He can get to any spot on the floor at will. He is the best college player in this state! He will definitely be making some money somewhere playing ball after graduation.

J12 I was at the game and Cameron was definitely the best player on the floor. The scary part is that he wasn’t hitting from deep like he normally does. He can get to any spot on the floor at will. He is the best college player in this state! He will definitely be making some money somewhere playing ball after graduation.

I saw that he was 0-4 from 3 & still put up numbers. As a fellow Wesley College basketball alum I look forward to seeing how Wesley does not only in their conference this year but nationally. Now only if they would have gotten that W so I could talk big trash to all my Del State alumni boys...LoL I’m wondering if Del State will continue to play Wesley in exhibition games after this. I had always wanted to see the football teams clash but that never happened.

If he chooses, Brian Cameron will make A LOT of money playing basketball.

prototypical late bloomer....

Top College basketball players in State:

UD- Nate Darling
Wesley - Brian Cameron
DSU - John Crosby

Reactions: J12
I don't expect UD and DelState to get Hyland or someone of that caliber. But there is one player between the two schools (Stansbury) from Delaware. These coaching staffs are not even trying.

I don't expect UD and DelState to get Hyland or someone of that caliber. But there is one player between the two schools (Stansbury) from Delaware. These coaching staffs are not even trying.

They may or may not be, but a lot of these kids' inner circles have them convinced that UD/DSU are beneath them and they're better off going out of state to play ball. It sucks but that's the crabs in a barrel mentality that's so prevalent around here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT