ADVERTISEMENT

Whats going on with ECA?

rizzo2005

All-Conference
Sep 22, 2005
Hearing that players are trying to get back to their home schools. Could we all have been right this whole time?? that when little sills left for WVU, the walls would come crumbling down? but wait, daddy was in it for the long term......

Only a few kids actually left and they have twice that transferring in. They are announcing their 2016 schedule soon according to their website. You may have to put that "see I told you so" party off for at least another year.. expect a much more toned down more localized schedule this year.. at least according to some folks closer to the situation than me.. although I do find it odd they have not turned up on anyone's schedule I have seen thus far so who knows who they are playing?

Last edited:
Hearing that players are trying to get back to their home schools. Could we all have been right this whole time?? that when little sills left for WVU, the walls would come crumbling down? but wait, daddy was in it for the long term......

Sills' company just got hit with a $300,000.00 judgment in the Dewey Beach matter. I have no idea how the Stone Balloon case is playing out. I was told Angelo Blackston has been keeping ECA in business although I have no idea if that is totally accurate,
http://www.delawareonline.com/story...ge-dewey-builder-wronged-contractor/80796028/

Tea that is basically what I have been hearing as well.. but I am far removed from any first hand knowledge on the matter but that was what I always heard when I was involved that the long term plan is that former players would give back to the program.. That was the line of thinking going back to Red Lion

Last edited:
@RIZZO might as well start stocking up that Champagne... Cork popping time is eminent

I am just killing time until August and can't wait for FB again....hindsight is always 20/20, but it also depends on who is doing the looking as to how they viewed this mess. And lets cut through the BS- there was some good, bad and real ugly that came from all of this.

If you go back and read all the articles/forums and stories it is actually more interesting now than ever. I say that because the ripple effect is still being felt and there is more coming and this issue still is not over.

IMHO- the outcome of this "project/endeavor" produced more bad than good but that's just my take. Its a damn shame because this negatively affected far more kids as opposed to helping so very few. And that is what some of these so called/self proclaimed leaders and Christians should be remembered for.

@Sparty-love the avatar!

@Jawnsky

where the f**k have you been?
boring on here without you....

if you see Black Dougz, tell him I said
we'z miss hez azz....
hahahaha

Reactions: Jawnsky
@ RR.....yeh man, it would be a good 30 for 30 documentary. And I say that in all seriousness. Not to shed light or disgrace anyone because there were many good folks involved and great kids as well.

@ Sparty...best guess is doug is holed up w/ basin road betty....LMFAO!

Reactions: spartakos
@RR

BD , Black Doug or Bill Di***** ?
after all, BD is a Clone!
that we know for sure....
hahaha

ECA seems done as their kids are transferring out... apparently they have been done awhile but some were holding on for a miracle donor.. Its come to my attention the school has been closed and the kids were taking their classes in the Bear and Newark public library.. WTF?

Last edited:
Very seldom is there a positive outcome for folks getting involved with this guy. Hope these leftover kids make out alright.

ECA seems done as their kids are transferring out... apparently they have been done awhile but some were holding on for a miracle donor.. Its come to my attention the school has been closed and the kids were taking their classes in the Bear and Newark public library.. WTF?
When this guy tak
Only a few kids actually left and they have twice that transferring in. They are announcing their 2016 schedule soon according to their website. You may have to put that "see I told you so" party off for at least another year.. expect a much more toned down more localized schedule this year.. at least according to some folks closer to the situation than me.. although I do find it odd they have not turned up on anyone's schedule I have seen thus far so who knows who they are playing?
You hit that "much more toned down" on the head RR.

Very seldom is there a positive outcome for folks getting involved with this guy. Hope these leftover kids make out alright.

They have good people working to get them placed most will be fine. just a couple have eligibility issues I believe but St Frances will take those..

They have good people working to get them placed most will be fine. just a couple have eligibility issues I believe but St Frances will take those..
Will they get credit for this past school year? I hear they started late then you indicated they finished in the Newark Library?

Will they get credit for this past school year? I hear they started late then you indicated they finished in the Newark Library?

I don't know the specifics but yes my guess is there were only a few using the library(if that is correct information) to get finished up with connections this year for their transcripts.. One of them was just accepted into Caravel so I'm sure they are fine for last year..

I don't know the specifics but yes my guess is there were only a few using the library(if that is correct information) to get finished up with connections this year for their transcripts.. One of them was just accepted into Caravel so I'm sure they are fine for last year..
That is good news. Glad to see them back in a healthy high school atmosphere, real campus, proms, ect., rather than some industrial site..

In RELATED news, heard that "NEXT LEVEL" things are happening down on Duck Creek!

Opening a new bank since the "Christian Academy" is folding. "Jesse James Savings and Loan"

Last edited:
Let this be a lesson for the future. Where there is smoke, there is fire. It wasn't hate, it wasn't jealousy, it was the truth. This whole sad story was the result of one jaded man on a power trip for his son. There were a lot of people who were laughed at and ridiculed, told that they were simple minded or just didn't get it. The one thing all of the doubters got right was that this was all being done at the expense of vulnerable athletes, while also trying to chastise the DIAA for enforcing the rules. In the wake of this mess is RLCA trying to rise from the ashes and no doubt some athletes have broken dreams. Yeah, nice job Sills.

Let this be a lesson for the future. Where there is smoke, there is fire. It wasn't hate, it wasn't jealousy, it was the truth. This whole sad story was the result of one jaded man on a power trip for his son. There were a lot of people who were laughed at and ridiculed, told that they were simple minded or just didn't get it. The one thing all of the doubters got right was that this was all being done at the expense of vulnerable athletes, while also trying to chastise the DIAA for enforcing the rules. In the wake of this mess is RLCA trying to rise from the ashes and no doubt some athletes have broken dreams. Yeah, nice job Sills.
Well said

Saw this scrolling at the bottom on ESPN an hour ago. What a fricken joke.....all that hype, pro trainer, etc!!!!
Saw this scrolling at the bottom on ESPN an hour ago. What a fricken joke.....all that hype, pro trainer, etc!!!!
all paid for by your stiffed sub contractors

Hey the kid is still getting a free ride and will hope to land an fbs qb spot after next season.

And by the way, the kid was set to be the 3rd wr in an explosive offense as a soph after being recruited to play qb. Can't argue that he is a great athlete

Hey the kid is still getting a free ride and will hope to land an fbs qb spot after next season.

And by the way, the kid was set to be the 3rd wr in an explosive offense as a soph after being recruited to play qb. Can't argue that he is a great athlete

Not exactly true he wasn't 1st or 2nd at any of the WR slots on the depth chart this spring.. 3rd yes..and that very well may be because the coaches knew he didn't want to be a WR The injured guys from last year healed up and there are new recruits as well...

He was 4th at QB for this year but the Grier kid from FLA transferred there and is projected as the starter for 2017 after he sits a year.. Seems like a good move for Sills to me to go to JUCO to reload and re-open recruiting only now its no hype, no star ratings etc.

. He has to go there win the QB job and prove on the field he is the D1 QB prospect he was once touted as.. Its all on him now... I like the gumption...also I dont think its ever been about the "free ride" for them. Most kids can't give up their free ride and go to a JUCO on the other side of the country and get a do over..

Last edited:
Reactions: Dropping 3's
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT