ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you have tonight?

delawarenole

Top 100 Prospect
Mar 29, 2002
Archmere vs Salesinaum - I go Salesianum given the score of thier previous game. Archmere plays better but not enough to win.

Sanford vs Cape - wow this one is tough but I go with Cape since it is hard to be a great team 2x

Cape vs Salesianum in a classic Thursday night.

I attended both games last night although by the time I arrived at Abessinio Stadium it was already 4-0 Sals. That game became a blowout in the second period and was 12-1 at half.

Cape and Sanford put on a great show. It was certainly the most exciting game I've seen in a long time. Sanford got up 6-1 early in the second period but Cape came back to tie it 8-8 at half. The second half went back and forth. Cape was up 1 after three and it continued to be anyone's game until the end. I believe the last tie was
14 -14 at the 7:48. Cape got up 16-14 and Sanford scored the last goal of the game at 3:10 to make it 16-15

There were many great plays during the game but the one that stands out in my mind was mid may through the 4th one of the attack from Cape stole a clearing pass from the Sanford Goalie and had an empty net goal. If anyone was there correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that was the goal that put Cape up by two. It was shocking and kind of a back breaker for Sanford. Also after Cape stepped out of the box with 1:04 to go Sanford turned it right back over when 3 defenders stole the ball from #6 as he tried running up field.

Over all Sanford played great but not well enough to keep Cape down. Apparently no lead is safe against Cape. I saw them comeback from a 4 goal deficit in the 4th period before falling just short against the Sals and now watching them storm back in the second against Sanford. Very impressive.

I attended both games last night although by the time I arrived at Abessinio Stadium it was already 4-0 Sals. That game became a blowout in the second period and was 12-1 at half.

Cape and Sanford put on a great show. It was certainly the most exciting game I've seen in a long time. Sanford got up 6-1 early in the second period but Cape came back to tie it 8-8 at half. The second half went back and forth. Cape was up 1 after three and it continued to be anyone's game until the end. I believe the last tie was
14 -14 at the 7:48. Cape got up 16-14 and Sanford scored the last goal of the game at 3:10 to make it 16-15

There were many great plays during the game but the one that stands out in my mind was mid may through the 4th one of the attack from Cape stole a clearing pass from the Sanford Goalie and had an empty net goal. If anyone was there correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that was the goal that put Cape up by two. It was shocking and kind of a back breaker for Sanford. Also after Cape stepped out of the box with 1:04 to go Sanford turned it right back over when 3 defenders stole the ball from #6 as he tried running up field.

Over all Sanford played great but not well enough to keep Cape down. Apparently no lead is safe against Cape. I saw them comeback from a 4 goal deficit in the 4th period before falling just short against the Sals and now watching them storm back in the second against Sanford. Very impressive.
Any chance you saw what happened with the goalie change for Cape? Looking at the stat sheet it appears they switched up goalies, just not sure when or why (assume maybe when they were down big early)

I did not notice the goalie change for Cape. Did the state sheet also show a change for Sanford? During the game the goalie from Sanford was penalized and came out to serve his time in the box. During the subsequent man up Cape scored and then the original goalie for Sanford re-entered the game.

I'm just curious but up til this year, Stanford was sort of a nothin burger in the sport. Any body close to the program know what changed?

I had never seen Sanford play before but they were good in all aspects of the game. Not sure if this is a one off or if they are built for continued success. Not that squad size means anything but when you look at the Sallies and Cape squads they have large rosters in uniform. The Sanford squad looked to have about 25 kids in uniform so certainly not as deep as Cape and Sallies.
I understand the Sanford goalie is in the eight grade and he made some incredible saves during the game. Unless he gets poached by another program Sanford is set in goal for the foreseeable future.

Sanford began there rise about 5 years ago when Lucky became the coach. Brought his boys there who are clearly all staters. Which followed with some Maryland Wolfpack players going to Sanford as well. Last year would have been the coming out party for Sanford and this year was them breaking into top three. I’d look for continued success if Lucky stays. good coach and gets the most out of his players.

Any chance you saw what happened with the goalie change for Cape? Looking at the stat sheet it appears they switched up goalies, just not sure when or why (assume maybe when they were down big early)
The starter was pulled right after a goal, I belief sometime in the 3rd quarter. The backup made some very big saves.
Sanford began there rise about 5 years ago when Lucky became the coach. Brought his boys there who are clearly all staters. Which followed with some Maryland Wolfpack players going to Sanford as well. Last year would have been the coming out party for Sanford and this year was them breaking into top three. I’d look for continued success if Lucky stays. good coach and gets the most out of his players.
Change occurred in the 3rd quarter immediately after a Sanford goal. Backup played extremely well.

I had never seen Sanford play before but they were good in all aspects of the game. Not sure if this is a one off or if they are built for continued success. Not that squad size means anything but when you look at the Sallies and Cape squads they have large rosters in uniform. The Sanford squad looked to have about 25 kids in uniform so certainly not as deep as Cape and Sallies.
I understand the Sanford goalie is in the eight grade and he made some incredible saves during the game. Unless he gets poached by another program Sanford is set in goal for the foreseeable future.
Coach Lucky was the MS Coach until 5 years ago when prior coach Hennessy’s career took him out west. Lucky took over as Varsity Coach and continued his focus of developing players who wanted to get better. A couple of his former club players chose Sanford for HS and the program improved every year. 4 years ago Sanford made the State Tournament for the first time in 20 years and got blown out by Cape in the first round. The following year they were headed for the two seed until Tommy Bloom was injured and ended up losing to Archmere in the second round who they’d beaten solidly during the regular season. Coach Lucky beefed up the schedule adding CR, Cape, DMA, and Milford along with Archmere to their 10 game conference schedule which didn’t play out until this season. They’ve lost 3 games in the past 2 seasons, all by one goal.

Sanford’s graduating class is 75 (Cape is 750) and they do not have a football team. They have 4 D1 commits, with the potential for more, including LSM Pompeii and their 8th grade goalie, the son of a HS Teacher. A school that size relies on their club players playing to their full potential mixed with the development of others and Lucky has done a phenomenal job.

Coach Lucky was the MS Coach until 5 years ago when prior coach Hennessy’s career took him out west. Lucky took over as Varsity Coach and continued his focus of developing players who wanted to get better. A couple of his former club players chose Sanford for HS and the program improved every year. 4 years ago Sanford made the State Tournament for the first time in 20 years and got blown out by Cape in the first round. The following year they were headed for the two seed until Tommy Bloom was injured and ended up losing to Archmere in the second round who they’d beaten solidly during the regular season. Coach Lucky beefed up the schedule adding CR, Cape, DMA, and Milford along with Archmere to their 10 game conference schedule which didn’t play out until this season. They’ve lost 3 games in the past 2 seasons, all by one goal.

Sanford’s graduating class is 75 (Cape is 750) and they do not have a football team. They have 4 D1 commits, with the potential for more, including LSM Pompeii and their 8th grade goalie, the son of a HS Teacher. A school that size relies on their club players playing to their full potential mixed with the development of others and Lucky has done a phenomenal job.
Hi Xander Bauguess,
It is very interesting that you completely throw your team under the bus and bring up the sizes of graduating classes as if they matter (while also completely falsifying those numbers). You also cannot say that the schedule was "beefed up" by adding D.M.A. If you're trying to say that's increasing the difficulty of the schedule, you truly have no confidence in your team. Even schools like Appoquinimink play out-of-state teams. Good luck to you in college though, because falling over on the ground when a play doesn't go your way won't fly.
Kindest regards,
Anonymous Auk

Just wanted to toss my thoughts around. Collin Campbell who is supposedly one of the best and most clutch players in the state but gets stripped while down 1 with 30 seconds left by an ATTACKMEN! That is so bad to happen to one of the better players in the state. Also, the officiating in that game was god awful again but mostly against cape for the second time. Sanford was good this year for Sanford, not for actually being good at lacrosse. Salesianum is going to tear cape apart piece by piece tomorrow. My son has been eating his veggies and shaking of excitement and creatine addiction. Cape had a great year but it’s over.

The trolls are back, must be championship time!!

Btw - Rooting for Cape but if i was a betting man i’m taking Sals.

Hi Xander Bauguess,
It is very interesting that you completely throw your team under the bus and bring up the sizes of graduating classes as if they matter (while also completely falsifying those numbers). You also cannot say that the schedule was "beefed up" by adding D.M.A. If you're trying to say that's increasing the difficulty of the schedule, you truly have no confidence in your team. Even schools like Appoquinimink play out-of-state teams. Good luck to you in college though, because falling over on the ground when a play doesn't go your way won't fly.
Kindest regards,
Anonymous Auk
Not XB, my boys graduated. I’ve been watching games for 10+ years. “Dovetail” asked about the program, which has come a long way. Which numbers are incorrect?

The USA Lacrosse Magazine/Nike Poll once again has Sallies receiving Top 25 consideration this week. Congratulations to the Sals.

I also noticed that in addition to the Sals, the Lax Numbers algorithm has both Cape and Sanford in the top 100.

Should be a fun one tonight personally I cant call a winner. I want to say Salesianum but you just can't rule out this Cape team. Down 6-1 I was sure Salesianum was playing Sanford.

Keep it clean boys and everyone chill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT