ADVERTISEMENT

Who you got for All State?

I guess you would have to put Ewell into the mix because he has put up some decent numbers and Dickinson has a .789 win pct.

Or do you hold the fact that 18 out of 21 opponents Dickinson has played, currently have a losing records against him?

Vasquez from the Lake? Believe he is the 2nd leading scorer behind EA or at least was mid way thru the season.
Sanford could easily get 1 of the 2 perkins on there. Dover could add Spencer on there.

Reactions: handsdownmandown
After that first three, those last two spots are really up for grabs. You could say Ewell is a singular talent worthy of that spot, but the Perkins cousins really make Sanford go. If Eden Davis hadn't been hurt, one of those spots would've been his guaranteed and maybe still should be.

Reactions: theWILL2WIN
It will be interesting to see how voters handle Eden Davis injury that sidelined him for a few games. I’m thinking he may still get the 1st Team nod, but if not then that’s 2 spots that are wide open. I could see William Penn getting a player on 1st Team after their strong season. Sallies’ Caulk has been playing well also. Vazquez may land on 3rd Team, but he is not a 1st Teamer.

Eden Davis was NOT an All State Player this year! Not taking anything away from what he may have accomplished but he should not be recognized as an All State Player this year based upon his on court production this year.

These things should not be conducted as a popularity contest or
quid pro quo. Select the kids that deserve it regardless of where they play or who the Coach may be affiliated with.

It will be interesting to see how voters handle Eden Davis injury that sidelined him for a few games. I’m thinking he may still get the 1st Team nod, but if not then that’s 2 spots that are wide open. I could see William Penn getting a player on 1st Team after their strong season. Sallies’ Caulk has been playing well also. Vazquez may land on 3rd Team, but he is not a 1st Teamer.

Caulk's game is great, but Hinds has really been the sparkplug for Sals during this win streak they've been on. Gonna be a lot of split votes this year.

Reactions: J12
Eden Davis was NOT an All State Player this year! Not taking anything away from what he may have accomplished but he should not be recognized as an All State Player this year based upon his on court production this year.

quid pro quo. Select the kids that deserve it regardless of where they play or who the Coach may be affiliated with.
I 100% agree that it should be based on the current year, but have seen it happen way too often where it’s not. Not an All State player, or just not 1st Team this year in your opinion? He will definitely be on there somewhere though. He hasn’t had the year he had last year but not bad numbers at all for an 18-2 Dover team probably averaging around 17/18 from the scores that I have actually seen (including 20 last night).
I would say that Allen’s year has been so good that it may have minimized Davis’ numbers.

Spoken like someone who hasn’t watched Dover play. What numbers are you referring to? Davis has been second or first in scoring, assist, etc for most of the season. Even after the injury he came back for 29points, 17pts against Smyrna- which should have been 20pts (but got robbed by a traveling call that was a classic step back), and 20pts last night to lead all scores.

Skyler Johnson
Ricky Kane
Kahiem Roach
Vasquez
Javier White

just to name a few downstate that are deserving

1. Allen - Dover
2. Davis - Sanford
3. Njoku - Sanford
4. Spencer - Dover
5. Toss up.. Davis - Dover or Corey Perkins - Sanford

Why not both Eden Davis and Corey Perkins? There has been several years that I can remember in which 6 players were selected for the 1st team.

Other than the obvious
Nasir Brown
Kevin Keister
Donaven Mack
Kamal Yellowday
All deserve consideration

Skyler Johnson
Ricky Kane
Kahiem Roach
Vasquez
Javier White

just to name a few downstate that are deserving
Brandon Smith put some respect on his name. His team only losses in the conference came against Dover twice. Nobody else in the conference beT Smryna. You got four ppl over him from the the weak ass South. In my Randy Moss Voice C mon Man . Do y'all watch the games or what ?

Brandon Smith put some respect on his name. His team only losses in the conference came against Dover twice. Nobody else in the conference beT Smryna. You got four ppl over him from the the weak ass South. In my Randy Moss Voice C mon Man . Do y'all watch the games or what ?
Haven’t seen Smyrna play, I’m not putting anybody over anybody just stating some players that deserve to be mentioned, I’m sure there are others deserving these are just a few that I’ve saw, relax lol I heard of a few Smyrna kids that are tough just haven’t seen them

Reactions: King Flake
Davis - Dover, Doesn’t Deserve First Team All State. He’s overrated. Just Rewarding Him Because Of A Winning Team And The Success Of Allen And The 6’7 Kid.

Davis - Dover, Doesn’t Deserve First Team All State. He’s overrated. Just Rewarding Him Because Of A Winning Team And The Success Of Allen And The 6’7 Kid.
I dont think he is overrated....He can definently hoop...1st team for E. Davis this year is a stretch though; he has been a huge help to his team but also battling the ankle injury since Christmas break. All state but not 1st team.....

Reactions: 84rider

Overrated? He is 1 of 5 kids in Delaware with a D1 scholarship. He missed half the season due to injury. Before and After he still is putting up numbers and drawing attention helping create space for Allen and Spencer or the 6'7 kid as you know him as

Reactions: 84rider and Chill44
My prediction looks right on piont.. Lol.. Close for 5 spot between Perkins and Davis.. Looks like going be Corey Perkins.. But hey what I know.. I might be wrong.. But I doubt it..lol

Overrated???
Check his stats and percentages, then we could have a sensible convo. What games have you been to? He’s always been second in scoring, assists, and steals, if not first—even with a severe ankle injury. First team all the way. What kid you know has putting up his numbers while limping this year? Sounds like a hater to me. Overrated you say?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chill44
Overrated? He is 1 of 5 kids in Delaware with a D1 scholarship. He missed half the season due to injury. Before and After he still is putting up numbers and drawing attention helping create space for Allen and Spencer or the 6'7 kid as you know him as

As if a D1 scholarship validates your season as an All State Player THIS season. That offer and commitment was done before the season even started.

As if a D1 scholarship validates your season as an All State Player THIS season. That offer and commitment was done before the season even started.

...and all I’m saying is check his stats and put them against anyone’s in the state this season instead of making assumptions. Again I say, he’s consistently been in double digits all year, Has consistently been the second or first man in scoring , assists, and steals, consistently controls the flow of games, has consistently been a key factor in close wins. And he’s been doing it as a small guard with a bad wheel. Ridiculous!

Question, what’s your criterion for an All-State player? Then I want you to google Eden Davis—this season—and tell me if he met them.

...and all I’m saying is check his stats and put them against anyone’s in the state this season instead of making assumptions. Again I say, he’s consistently been in double digits all year, Has consistently been the second or first man in scoring , assists, and steals, consistently controls the flow of games, has consistently been a key factor in close wins. And he’s been doing it as a small guard with a bad wheel. Ridiculous!

What..you think he's the only guy doing that?

What..you think he's the only guy doing that?

I think there’s no question to him being all state if you were really watching him instead of jumping on the bandwagon of someone who has clearly not been. To try and discredit his accomplishments — even this year— is unbelievable.

HO
I think there’s no question to him being all state if you were really watching him instead of jumping on the bandwagon of someone who has clearly not been. To try and discredit his accomplishments — even this year— is unbelievable.

So stating that other players may be more deserving than others is considered discrediting? I've actually seen several Dover games this year (not against all the teams with 3.4 and 5 wins) and I did see a clear cut All State candidate, it just wasn't him. That's what my eyes told me. You are obviously a little biased and not looking at this objectively so we can just agree to disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT