ADVERTISEMENT

Who you got for All State?

Eden is in that first to second team all-state convo and that's just what it is. If we are talking eye test, there arent 6 guards, let alone 4 that can do what he does consistently. And his stats back that statement as well.

I'm making a case for all the guys that have put in work THIS year!

-Tower Hill has a guy
-St E's has a guy
-Middletown has a guy
-Smyrna has a guy
-Appo has a couple guys
-Penn has a guy
-Sallies has a guy

Just a few that have had All State worthy years. Cut the politics and reward the guys that are deserving of these awards

Reactions: Chill44
Eden is in that first to second team all-state convo and that's just what it is. If we are talking eye test, there arent 6 guards, let alone 4 that can do what he does consistently. And his stats back that statement as well.

I think both will get 2 on 1st team.....

-Tower Hill has a guy
-St E's has a guy
-Middletown has a guy
-Smyrna has a guy
-Appo has a couple guys
-Penn has a guy
-Sallies has a guy

Just a few that have had All State worthy years. Cut the politics and reward the guys that are deserving of these awards
Yea your right 2nd and 3rd teams .. None of them schools you have mentioned have 1st team players.. Period..

Yea your right 2nd and 3rd teams .. None of them schools you have mentioned have 1st team players.. Period..

False

If they were choosing the Top Players in the state regardless of position and politics, you would see some names on there that aren't constantly promoted on the message board.

[QUOTE="Jimmy_Naismith, post: 161623, member: 655

What games did you come to? Perhaps, we can start there. And tell me what your eyes saw, so that we can have a good discussion. In every game he was key to the victory and had the game high or was second, multiple steals and assists, and running the offense. So let’s talk only the games you went to. More deserving? Come on man.
And those who are more deserving, who did they play and what did they score? Did they play Dover?

Last edited:

-Tower Hill has a guy
-St E's has a guy
-Middletown has a guy
-Smyrna has a guy
-Appo has a couple guys
-Penn has a guy
-Sallies has a guy

There are a lot of good players listed here but agreed they will get spread out between 2nd-3rd and all mention
Only one really I see with a shot at 1st team would be Smith from Smyrna but I don't know if he has the name recognition as the others.
And I agree that it is alot of politics and stuff but it is what it is. People get left out of the All-Star game and ALL NBA Teams too. Just power of votes/influence

What games did you come to? Perhaps, we can start there. And tell me what your eyes saw, so that we can have a good discussion. In every game he was key to the victory and had the game high or was second, multiple steals and assists, and running the offense. So let’s talk only the games you went to. More deserving? Come on man.
And those who are more deserving, who did they play and what did they score? Did they play Dover?

The question should be how many games that didn't involve Dover have you seen this year?

How can you say other aren't deserving if you haven't seen them play?

I said what i said ‍♂️ Just because he’s going to a D1 doesn’t mean anything. He probably won’t be there for year two(transfer to a lower level). Looked at the roster and they already have a tough SMALL guard. I’m not a Davis hater. I love all the kids but you guys rewarding him because Dover is winning lol. I just said that because i feel like he missed half the season. I hope Dover knocks off sanford. Tired of seeing the same team win and the all state teams being 5 sanford kids and 3 Dover kids with a few other kids. I’m if you reward kids with winning what about laurel kids ? I know they’re not that good but their winning ‍♂️

I said what i said ‍♂️ Just because he’s going to a D1 doesn’t mean anything. He probably won’t be there for year two(transfer to a lower level). Looked at the roster and they already have a tough SMALL guard. I’m not a Davis hater. I love all the kids but you guys rewarding him because Dover is winning lol. I just said that because i feel like he missed half the season. I hope Dover knocks off sanford. Tired of seeing the same team win and the all state teams being 5 sanford kids and 3 Dover kids with a few other kids. I’m if you reward kids with winning what about laurel kids ? I know they’re not that good but their winning ‍♂️
Let’s not get out of hand...if you want to go that far then we would have to reward Delmarva Christian’s players before Laurel’s players since they’re 18-2 & beat Laurel. Laurel did very well in the HENLOPEN SOUTH this year, but they don’t have a 1st or 2nd Team All State player. One of the freshman, Jones, will probably get consideration for 3rd Team & end up being Honorable Mention though. Go the game Friday & you will see what they have...a very young & scrappy team w/ up & coming potential.

Smryna Brandon Smith when y'all going to put some respect on the humble assassins name. He wasn't even mentioned earlier in the year all you could hear about Sylvester. He is out playedv Sylvester tremendously this season. before you open your mouth you need to watch some games and stop being on the upstate boys jock so damn much. The talent in the state is mediocre at best. Downstate has talent just as well as upstate it's not like it used to be. Put some respeck on his name but I'm getting tired of this. You got two guys from CR rated over and he bust they ass two times. Dover yeah he lost but he had 25 the first game 16 in the second game. They lost five games two in the Henlopen against Dover. They just lost to a tough William Penn team and he led all scorers with 18 out of 40 some points. His closest teammate pay seven or eight points. He has no help and he doesn't even have the green light he just scoring off of just raw ability. Again put some respect on his name. I blame is coach Mears for holding them back if you had a green like some of these kids he will be scoring 20 a game easy.

Reactions: J12

Sounds like you’re an
Smryna Brandon Smith when y'all going to put some respect on the humble assassins name. He wasn't even mentioned earlier in the year all you could hear about Sylvester. He is out playedv Sylvester tremendously this season. before you open your mouth you need to watch some games and stop being on the upstate boys jock so damn much. The talent in the state is mediocre at best. Downstate has talent just as well as upstate it's not like it used to be. Put some respeck on his name but I'm getting tired of this. You got two guys from CR rated over and he bust they ass two times. Dover yeah he lost but he had 25 the first game 16 in the second game. They lost five games two in the Henlopen against Dover. They just lost to a tough William Penn team and he led all scorers with 18 out of 40 some points. His closest teammate pay seven or eight points. He has no help and he doesn't even have the green light he just scoring off of just raw ability. Again put some respect on his name. I blame is coach Mears for holding them back if you had a green like some of these kids he will be scoring 20 a game easy.

I’m not sure why I was tagged in this post????

You’re pretty funny. Now, you think he won’t be there for year two, and that he will transfer out to a lower level-as if he can’t compete at the D-1 level. You said you are not a Davis hater, however, that statement Definitely qualifies you to be a hater. Dude he’s been competing at the D1 level a few years now in the under Armour circuit as a starter. Playing with and against 5-star talent. You said he’s being rewarded because Dover is winning...well, that’s because he has a lot to do with Dover’s success. Dover has been winning for 3 years. For 3 years, Dover has made it to the post season. For four years he has been a starter; got his 1,000 points as a junior, and continues to put in the work.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT