ADVERTISEMENT

William Penn vs Smyrna

Smyrna can only keep this up if they continue to get smart athletes and more important smart talented QB's to run it.. and if the coaches stay

Woodbridge and Smryna... Both titles stay downstate this year... When last time that happen????

Does it really matter? Smyrna isn't really downstate. Isn't Smyrna still located in NCC County? I get that it's below the canal but it's not Sussex County. Too much is made of upstate vs downstate . State is too small for that talk.

More of an issue when missing numerous key players. Bad weather a problem if the field is messy that won't be an issue at U of D unless it snows.

I think that oversimplifies things if you are being fair. If that were the only reason than Smyrna doesn't come back.

No need to even criticise. Dooley can be "old school" all he wants and DiNardo can ru an offense with a small playbook-it works for them.
good for them... thats great and all but its not gonna work vs a team like Smyrna or MT for that matter..if 3rd or 4th is OK then hey have at it.. Wasn't critique them just stating facts of the matter

Last edited:
Does it really matter? Smyrna isn't really downstate. Isn't Smyrna still located in NCC County? I get that it's below the canal but it's not Sussex County. Too much is made of upstate vs downstate . State is too small for that talk.
Yea it matters and Smryna in Kent County... Henlopen Conference... Thats great for the Henlopen if both teams wins

Judy isn't getting any offers he coaches in a state were football is not that strong.
Marks will be out before Judy but Judy may not be far behind if it can continue for a couple more years. Marks runs that O and has NFL and College experience..Judy has a connection to Wesley but it may take a few years

48-0.. I have to say I do like they run their O and dont change anything because of the score.. I know the Duddly Dorights out there dont like it but they have a system and run it no matter what

Reactions: runningman12001
48-0.. I have to say I do like they run their O and dont change anything because of the score.. I know the Duddly Dorights out there dont like it but they have a system and run it no matter what

RR- I agree, they do what they do and they do it exceptionally well! I really like the Henderson kid as well. To show the poise that he does in that offense is the real deal.

And to add ...go back and watch last years game vs WP....QB gets hurt (taken out) and Knight comes in and Runs the Diamond.....WP knew it was coming and was helpless

I agree ,,, keep running your offense ,,, if coaches don't like it, then play better defense and stop them. Keep doing what they're doing until somebody stops them

Reactions: Jawnsky
Smryna has turnt it up a whole nother level.. Hate to say it...MT in for a long game if they cant keep up scoring..

Smryna has turnt it up a whole nother level.. Hate to say it...MT in for a long game if they cant keep up scoring..
I believe Smyrna will win but it's not a given and if they go into it believing it is they will lose. Defense wins games and Middletown has the better defense.

Might have to say I agree,, I like MT's D but if Smryna runs the O and plays D like they did tonight good night Cavs,, Still think Fry can score on Smyrna's DB's just not sure if he can score enough

Yea it matters and Smryna in Kent County... Henlopen Conference... Thats great for the Henlopen if both teams wins
Agree that it matters a lot, at least to those of us who are downstate. Seems like all we hear is how we all suck and can't compete with upstate teams in anything (a generalization, but you know what I mean). And now even the majority of all the big sporting events have been moved to UD which also stinks for many of us. Just nice for there to be a reminder that the Henlopen is still relevant.

10 years ago, when they could not punch their own way out of a paper bag, Smyrna were from the South. Now, they are from the North? I know you didn't say it FOF, but that was the sentiment back in the day. They are a Henlopen North team, hence they are from the South.

Last edited:
Reactions: runningman12001
I've heard there really isn't anyone to replace Henderson after this year. And don't you think it's only a matter of time before Judy gets a job offer?
Heard Isaiah Wilson was in Smyrna locker room before the game...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT