ADVERTISEMENT

Woodbridge????

jr15

Towel boy
Jan 11, 2014
They looked real good vs Delmar in which they avg about 35 points and held them to 0 and only 2 L’s coming early in the season from Dover (9-1) and Friends (8-1 or 7-2) I have to say the bridge may be my pick to win it all I see the D got it turned around after week 4

Friends may beat you in the chip just saying.. Delmar aint what we thought they were,,,

Friends may beat you in the chip just saying.. Delmar aint what we thought they were,,,
Not with the D playing like they have been playing with everyone saying this is manlove last year emotions will be high and the bridge will come out on top but friends is my second favorite being to the semi or finals and not winning it all what 4 years in a row now

Reactions: Chill44
Might depend on if Friends coach cuts Wyatt loose and lets him sling it like Jr did the first go round while Sr was out sick...That Wyatt kid is a winner..watched him pitch a gem in the semi final state tournament game as a freshman at Caravel.. he just has that IT thing but if Tattersal just goes with his old school ways of ground and pound the Bridge will win . Bridge bigger and faster than Quakers but AI is my pick to win it..They got the athletes to win it and a O that can score...Nor sure about the D as they play no one but going with gut on this one

Last edited:
Not with the D playing like they have been playing with everyone saying this is manlove last year emotions will be high and the bridge will come out on top but friends is my second favorite being to the semi or finals and not winning it all what 4 years in a row now
EMlove M-O
28ddde1cdec558574e8a2574347538e2--carp-fishing-gone-fishing.jpg

The Blum Brothers are due...
Blues-Brothers-pic-5-1.jpg

Great Win for my Woodbridge Raiders. Delmar is a real good football team with some great players. Congrats to Coach Manlove for winning his final regular season game at the Bridge, but we have more work to do. Why is everyone jump ship on Delmar? They had won 20 in a row and they are the Defending Champion. Give them their Credit! Some people had them in the class of Dover, Middletown and Hodgson. Remember Woodbridge had 2 Loses. One to Dover which they were Dominating them at the half 21-6 and 6 starters went out the second half with injuries, especially their All State middle linebacker, 2 All State Lineman and 2 All State running backs that plays both ways. No Excuses but facts. The injuries linger into the next week against Friends which we lost on a last second field goal. Now everyone is back and healthy. Look at the margin of victories. Now in the playoffs, we need to take one game at a time and Send Manlove off with a Championship! It will be a tough task with Delmar, Friends, A.I, Archmere .and etc are larking and playing great football. Let the playoffs begin!

Great Win for my Woodbridge Raiders. Delmar is a real good football team with some great players. Congrats to Coach Manlove for winning his final regular season game at the Bridge, but we have more work to do. Why is everyone jump ship on Delmar? They had won 20 in a row and they are the Defending Champion. Give them their Credit! Some people had them in the class of Dover, Middletown and Hodgson. Remember Woodbridge had 2 Loses. One to Dover which they were Dominating them at the half 21-6 and 6 starters went out the second half with injuries, especially their All State middle linebacker, 2 All State Lineman and 2 All State running backs that plays both ways. No Excuses but facts. The injuries linger into the next week against Friends which we lost on a last second field goal. Now everyone is back and healthy. Look at the margin of victories. Now in the playoffs, we need to take one game at a time and Send Manlove off with a Championship! It will be a tough task with Delmar, Friends, A.I, Archmere .and etc are larking and playing great football. Let the playoffs begin!

You do realize D2 Delaware is among the weakest teams in the country? dont you? none the less Delmar played no one. Woodbridge winning is not a big surprise .. You lost to Friends at home.. That is a fact you cant run from no matter what excuses you make..All State? we all know what a joke that process is... Im riding with AI or Friends,,, South not gonna win it this year

Reactions: FootballguyDE
Why Raven Rooster because they lost the Woodbridge? Stop it! In earlier post you and everyone else had given Delmar the Division 2 trophy. Delmar and everyone else. It was said that everyone else was playing for Second Place. Delmar is a great team. Friends is a great team. It is a lot of football left to be played. Don't belittle a team because they lost one or two games. Alabama could lose to Georgia in the SEC championship game and then yall would say they aren't (Bama) what we thought they were. C'mon Man! They are 20-1 in there last 21 games!

no one is belittling any team.. and yes I was drinking the Delmar koolaide.. but after watching last night I realized they arent what we thought they were,, no biggie like I said D2 is wide open,,

Friends beat Lake 14-12, Bridge beat Lake 47-7, I think Bridge will blow Friends out in a rematch. Like chill44 said, Bridge was pretty banged up after taking the number 2 ranked D1 Dover on. Other than the first match up against Bridge, Friends have not been tested.

boo hoo.. just little babies.. thank God your not in Texas or Florida etc....you might have to hear some serious hate on your kid lol They are young adults and if any of them have designs on playing in college then they better get used to criticism hell not even playing but in the real job world,, yeah we criticize but its constructive criticism something i believe is essential in becoming a productive and secure adult .. If you just want to tell your kid how special they are and send them out in the world thats on you .. But I'm gonna press them and challenge them to be better and if that makes me an Ahole then so be it I am an Ahole but your kid will be better off having me tell them how it is

Delaware football is weak. Has nothing to do with the players . Too many schools in a small radius here upstate . There is some good talent but it’s spread everywhere . DIAA does nothing to help either . Just take a look at all the non competitive games .

Because you've seen most of the country play right? Over the last 2 years Delmar is 3 and 1 against out of state teams from Maryland and Virginia and would've won the Bayside conference in Maryland for about the last 25 years. I've lived in TX, NM, VA and MD and I can tell you it's not that different.

You do realize D2 Delaware is among the weakest teams in the country? dont you? none the less Delmar played no one. Woodbridge winning is not a big surprise .. You lost to Friends at home.. That is a fact you cant run from no matter what excuses you make..All State? we all know what a joke that process is... Im riding with AI or Friends,,, South not gonna win it this year

Because you've seen most of the country play right? Over the last 2 years Delmar is 3 and 1 against out of state teams from Maryland and Virginia and would've won the Bayside conference in Maryland for about the last 25 years. I've lived in TX, NM, VA and MD and I can tell you it's not that different.

yeah ok so have I. and its not like the bayside conference in MD is any good well in fact they suck.. dont forget St Marys Annapolis who never won anything lol. Maybe Delmar should schedule St John Bosco or IMG next year.. sheesh
read and weep

http://www.calpreps.c
om/2018/ratings/

Last edited:
John Ngatia-Kariuki 14 yd TD run. Appoquinimink now up 14-0 with 9:13 to go in regulation

Middletown and Delmar.. for most of the season most of us just penciled them in as champs,, then enter week 10. They both take one on the chin,,, now what? intrigue is what... who is gonna take it? doors have been blown wide open.. Central and HVT is that possible? fathomable? I think it is

Last edited:
delmar would’ve won the bayside for the last 25 years? ok, i disagree based on the fact that i’ve watched north caroline for the past 6 years or so. a few years ago they lost to walkersville in the state semis which is probably similar in acc to winning d2 states. but heres an idea, start reaching out to nc and play a game on the field, where opinions don’t matter only scoreboards.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Delmar aint won shit for 6 of the 8 years I have lived here. just saying of course..yeah they play oos but they play week OOS teams bayside puffs,, maryland baltimore county and MIAA B puffs.. Jersey OC puffs ..... hell St Marys and John Carroll tuned them up and they with the exception of JC a couple of years were week

Last edited:
yeah ok so have I. and its not like the bayside conference in MD is any good well in fact they suck.. dont forget St Marys Annapolis who never won anything lol. Maybe Delmar should schedule St John Bosco or IMG next year.. sheesh
read and weep

http://www.calpreps.c
om/2018/ratings/

The Non-State W-L records they put out shows each state's record in games against teams from other states. It has Delaware near the bottom at # 46 out of 52 (50 states + DC + a separate prep school category). The data only includes results against the top 50 teams in each state, which throws the DE #s off because DE has < 50 teams, so its weakest teams' results are not filtered out as they are for states that have > 50 teams, which is most states.

IMO, the numerical ranking that they put out for every team is a much better indicator of how DE teams stack up against the rest of the country. If you look at the teams they have as the top 10 in Delaware right now, (statistically) they have the following national rankings:

1 - Hodgson is # 917 -- 6%
2 - Middletown is # 1271 -- 9%
3 - Sussex Central is # 1504 -- 10%
4 - Dover is # 1604 -- 11%
5 - Salesianum is # 1855 -- 13%
6 - Woodbridge is # 2416 -- 17%
7 - Delmar is # 2900 -- 20%
8 - Friends is # 3515 -- 24%
9 - AI DuPont is # 3832 -- 27%
10 - Archmere is # 3961 -- 28%

They don't differentiate D1 or D2 and its a coincidence at the moment that their top 5 is all D1 teams and their 2nd 5 is all D2 teams.

The percentages aren't from the website, I calculated them using 14,400 as the # of HS football teams in the US (that was the lowest team ranking that I could find on the site).
The way to interpret the % is that right now, 6% of the the teams in the US are statistically better than Hodgson, etc,:

When you look at it this way, DE holds its own. The eye test counts for something (both in terms of individual players and teams), but there are too many HS teams and not enough games & common opponents to be able to say how some of our teams would do if they played in another state...

Last edited:
Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
Might depend on if Friends coach cuts Wyatt loose and lets him sling it like Jr did the first go round while Sr was out sick...That Wyatt kid is a winner..watched him pitch a gem in the semi final state tournament game as a freshman at Caravel.. he just has that IT thing but if Tattersal just goes with his old school ways of ground and pound the Bridge will win . Bridge bigger and faster than Quakers but AI is my pick to win it..They got the athletes to win it and a O that can score...Nor sure about the D as they play no one but going with gut on this one

Thank you for wasting my time watching film on this QB. Shame on me for actually thinking you may know anything. You must be a paid shill here.

Delmar aint won shit for 6 of the 8 years I have lived here. just saying of course..yeah they play oos but they play week OOS teams bayside puffs,, maryland baltimore county and MIAA B puffs.. Jersey OC puffs ..... hell St Marys and John Carroll tuned them up and they with the exception of JC a couple of years were week

You don’t like Maryland HS football much. What state are you from? I love Pennsylvania HS ball myself.

btw, the current national rankings for the other 4 tournament qualifiers are:

Howard @ # 4841
DMA @ # 5471
Appo @ # 5848
Tower @ # 6841

Here is a history lesson. Woodbridge is two towns that consolidated Greenwood and Bridgeville in 1970. You take wood from Greenwood and bridge from Bridgeville=Woodbridge.....

Here is a history lesson. Woodbridge is two towns that consolidated Greenwood and Bridgeville in 1970. You take wood from Greenwood and bridge from Bridgeville=Woodbridge.....
Not to go all local geography on you, but is there a town of "Woodbridge?" I know there's a Woodbridge School District, but when I googled Woodbridge, Delaware - nothing comes up

Reactions: 84rider
Two towns of Greenwood and Bridgeville make up Woodbridge School District.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT