ADVERTISEMENT

Wooden Bats

hoopcentral12

Tackles too high
Jan 28, 2017
I believe that high school players should use wooden bats, just like the pros. A big problem with youth baseball is that these kids aren't accustomed to using wood. The grip is different, as is the sensation of making contact. Many of these kids are hitting homeruns every game, but they get to the MLB and can't use their wood effectively. It can be scary, seeing so many grown men in the locker room sporting wood, but I think if we expose these players to wood earlier, it will pay off down the road

You guys make me sick. Clearly just a pedophile, get yourself a wife, a big one like mine
Whats with you and your "big" wife? Starting to think you are a joke too. You aren't the only one with a husky wife. I personally enjoy a little plumpness in my women. This isn't the time and place for that kind of talk though. Carry on with the rest of your day and try not to even mention your "big" love.

Reactions: BigDeguy
Whats with you and your "big" wife? Starting to think you are a joke too. You aren't the only one with a husky wife. I personally enjoy a little plumpness in my women. This isn't the time and place for that kind of talk though. Carry on with the rest of your day and try not to even mention your "big" love.
Shes always on my mind. My apologizes but that was certainly not my intent

Reactions: ball4lyfe69
I believe that high school players should use wooden bats, just like the pros. A big problem with youth baseball is that these kids aren't accustomed to using wood. The grip is different, as is the sensation of making contact. Many of these kids are hitting homeruns every game, but they get to the MLB and can't use their wood effectively. It can be scary, seeing so many grown men in the locker room sporting wood, but I think if we expose these players to wood earlier, it will pay off down the road

I can see where your coming from, but I think there is more to it. As much as I agree with the idea of wood bats in high school, I agree more with using metal. There are pros and cons with the use of both. Exposure to wood bats at a younger age would be more productive for when they make it to the MLB, but I think you fail to acknowledge that only the best baseball players will ever make it through the minors, and the skills learned during high school would still carry with you, but are they really the determining factor of making it to the MLB? I think not. Using a metal bat creates two pros for high school sports; teenagers have the opportunity to hit the ball harder and further, which always makes the game more fun(which I believe is essential in high school), but it also allows them to see, to a certain degree, the success they could have with a wood bat in the MLB if they put the work in, and resultantly promotes a harder work ethic and a love for the game of baseball. At the same time, I cannot disregard that this is what you argument hinders towards, which I perceived was that early exposure to wood bats will help more in the long run, and you are right. But is the sacrifice of finding your swing with a metal bat in high school a determining factor to your success in the MLB? I dont know if there is a clear argument for either side, but I am more inclined to say that it is not. But you have to take this with a grain of salt because high school comes before the MLB and who's to say that success was not found in high school while swinging a wood bat? I think the answer here is, it is hard to relate the two together because they are so far apart and both arguments could be made. Im glad you started this because I think this is a very open argument and one worth talking about on this forum.

If I may add one more thing, I like the use of metal bats because it speeds up a game that is already slow enough and it gives the player some confidence as a hitter, since they have a greater chance to put the ball over the outfielders heads, and which also creates more competition. The game becomes more playable and even more strategic for coaches because of the advantages of metal. It also makes playoffs a bit more exciting simply because of the chance of that clutch 7th inning homerun to gain the lead.

Reactions: amp34
Every high school kid worth his salt is already toting a wood bat in their bag. Heck I saw one yesterday that had 4. They use them in hitting drills and BP to focus on making good contact and hitting the ball on the sweetspot. This promotes barrel accuracy with the aluminum bat and more solid contact.
The aluminum bat is here to stay for its strength and convenience. Aluminum bats will typically last a season whereas with a woodbat, 1 bad swing or poorly contacted ball equals a need for a new bat. Given that a pro quality wood bat bat is roughly $65 -$130 each it is much more economical to buy 1 aluminum bat at $200-400. That amount could equate to 1 bad day of baseball or 1 weekend tournament.

Reactions: amp34
I love using a Wooden bat, when you hit the ball it feels so much better then a metal. I think all over DE baseball should use one. Btw to TheKoolDad i feel like you alway bring up your fat wife in every post you do. I dont why u do that. But i love a girl who has dark skin and thick.

Reactions: BigDeguy
I love using a Wooden bat, when you hit the ball it feels so much better then a metal. I think all over DE baseball should use one. Btw to TheKoolDad i feel like you alway bring up your fat wife in every post you do. I dont why u do that. But i love a girl who has dark skin and thick.
If I'm correct "TheTank7" BigDeguy is the man with the very large wife, I hope your not dyslexic

I feel like they both do have fat wife's, and i am no thank god
Regarding TheTank7 I am new to the site, and might not have much space to talk. But I do truly believe you are dyslexic. (Not the best typer) I am here just to talk about sports so I'll weigh in on the topic. I believe the state should broaden their horizons. You should be able to use both bats during play. If using aluminum/composite bats the mound should be at the same distance away from the batter. But when using wood bats it tends to be more difficult. The mound should be moved back to about where 2nd base is located. Makes the game fair and adds a little spice to a rather slow moving game. Not setting this in stone, just a thought would love to hear some feedback.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT