ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Schedules

skipsternicole

JV stand out
Oct 3, 2007
I know, I know, this season still not 5 games old, but mistakenly hit 2015-2016 school year and saw that St. Mark's and Caravel have a date set for next year. That's good to see!!! Hopefully the start of a great rivalry!!!

Originally posted by skipsternicole:
I know, I know, this season still not 5 games old, but mistakenly hit 2015-2016 school year and saw that St. Mark's and Caravel have a date set for next year. That's good to see!!! Hopefully the start of a great rivalry!!!
Yep kudos to ST Marks.and CA.. for scheduling a good game... Unfortunately St Georges is bowing out to CA.. Thats a shame..

rr- agreed on the scheduling--hell you been talking bout that for a long time...do you have any insight as to why STG bowing out?

Originally posted by Jawnsky:
rr- agreed on the scheduling--hell you been talking bout that for a long time...do you have any insight as to why STG bowing out?
Yes but I am not sure I am allowed to share it..LOL I have an opinion as well but maybe I should keep that under wraps until it becomes official
scared0006.r191677.gif

Originally posted by ravensrooster2:

Originally posted by Jawnsky:
Yes but I am not sure I am allowed to share it..LOL I have an opinion as well but maybe I should keep that under wraps until it becomes official
scared0006.r191677.gif
all good man-that's kinda what I figured but you never get what you do not ask for....

RLCA, St. Andrews and Conrad for my Bucs, I guess the Little Sisters of the Poor were all booked up.

Originally posted by smack.jack99:
Where do you guys view the 2015 schedules?

http://www.websites4sports.com/

St Marks has gone completely D2 for 2015 with the exception of Sallies. Play Brandywine, St Georges, Archmere, DMA, St E's and Carvel. Have 7 games listed on the schedule.

Thanks. I see Lake plays Hodgson next year. I see Lake being down next year so not sure I like that one lol.

Just looked at some teams and I am shocked at what I saw. StE no longer plays Caravel or Delmar. The have played Caravel sinc ethe 80s and Delmar has because a great rivalry since they first locked up in a State Championship in 96. What a shame, not sure if I like the direction StE is headed in sports.

Originally posted by MightyMik:
Just looked at some teams and I am shocked at what I saw. StE no longer plays Caravel or Delmar. The have played Caravel sinc ethe 80s and Delmar has because a great rivalry since they first locked up in a State Championship in 96. What a shame, not sure if I like the direction StE is headed in sports.
yeah Just looked myself.. Looks like Red Lion is the school of choice to replace tougher opponents with..

Caravel just added Concord that will be a tough one..

This post was edited on 10/3 9:37 AM by ravensrooster2

Schools who think that scheduling Red Lion's revived varsity team next year will be an automatic easy win need to be careful. The Lions are not what they used to be for sure, but the JV team they currently field has posted three shutouts, and averages 28 points per game scoring.

Originally posted by 309BlueHens:
Schools who think that scheduling Red Lion's revived varsity team next year will be an automatic easy win need to be careful. The Lions are not what they used to be for sure, but the JV team they currently field has posted three shutouts, and averages 28 points per game scoring.
You have to be kidding right? they are playing JV teams of schools that can barely field a Varsity team..

RLCA returns 16 players

6 Jrs
3 Sophs
5 Freshman
2 8th graders

From the Middle school team (which isnt very good either)

1 8th grader
11 7th graders

Unless there is some real good players in the 7th grade class that can contribute as 8th graders on varsity next year RLCA wont win a game..

Unless of course there is a slew of inner city kids transferring in next year..(JK)
laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 10/4 6:33 AM by ravensrooster2

I did not say that Red Lion would be a juggernaut, and they very well may go 0-10. I just said that SOME schools who have scheduled them may not beat them as easily as they may think. As to who they are playing, they are not "JV teams from schools who can barely field a varsity team" So far they have played St. Andrews, St. Elizabeth, Friends and Conrad. Future games this season will be against DMA, Christiana, Tower Hill, Caravel and Dickinson. And let's drop the recruiting stuff; that will NOT happen with the current administration. That crowd is now ECA.

St Marks has gone completely D2 for 2015 with the exception of Sallies. Play Brandywine, St Georges, Archmere, DMA, St E's and Carvel. Have 7 games listed on the schedule.

Add HVT to the St Marks schedule..

Amazing. They are having an easier time getting D2 games then games with D1 Blue Hen Flight A schools.

Originally posted by oldtimer22:

Amazing. They are having an easier time getting D2 games then games with D1 Blue Hen Flight A schools.

Add Newark to the St Marks schedule... St Marks has a nice shedule working with a couple of D1 teams and quality D2 teams.. Not much travel for them as well.. nothing below the canal..

9 games done

Newark home
Brandywine home
Archmere away
DMA home
Caravel away
St Georges home
HVT home
St E's away
Sallies home

only three aways games..

This post was edited on 10/6 12:06 PM by ravensrooster2

Originally posted by oldtimer22:

Add Newark to the St Marks schedule... St Marks has a nice shedule working with a couple of D1 teams and quality D2 teams.. Not much travel for them as well.. nothing below the canal..

9 games done

Newark home
Brandywine home
Archmere away
DMA home
Caravel away
St Georges home
HVT home
St E's away
Sallies home

only three aways games..

This post was edited on 10/6 12:06 PM by ravensrooster2
Wow all of a sudden Newark wants to play St Marks again? How come not the last 2 years? Instead St Marks travels to play Paramus or plays Montclair. How about St Marks vs. Newark this Friday night instead of Montclair for their home coming game? St Marks would be packed.

Big S and Smyrna 9/25/15 - Site to be determined. I love the new attitude at Smyrna.

Glad to see them step up. Would hope to see some of the other Henlopen North teams follow.

Lake added Glasgow. Not sure why they like playing those upstate schools so much. DMA, Brandywine, Archmere, Mt. Pleasant these past couple of years. Moving onto Glasgow and Hodgson next year. I guess Poly is too scared to schedule Lake anymore ever since they moved to D1. Sucks that Glasgow game is on a Friday.

This post was edited on 10/8 9:57 AM by smack.jack99

Originally posted by dovetail:
Glad to see them step up. Would hope to see some of the other Henlopen North teams follow.

Henlopen North---Smyrna along with Dover and CR. It looks like the clones still have 2 open dates.

I'm hearing Caravel and Delmar may be in negotions.. Lets hope they can get that deal inked.. Fun instate game for both schools..

ceech...sure it may have been over the past couple of years but I think Smyrna is finally showing us some panache.
( I hope that is a good word..)

They have the numbers and are developing talent and a new coach....

Ches....good to hear. With all the development that has occurred in the general area, it is just a matter of time before the hike in the numbers and talent start to show in all sports.

Two -thirds of the whole state is D2 and the D1 schools in the Flight A won't play the Henlopen North except for Middletown and AI the rest are afraid to challenge their kids , scheduling down South must be a challenge. Flight A plays 8 Conference games and schedules cupcakes for non-Conference games when Henlopen North teams are willing to travel! DIAA should add a Tech Conference throughout the state with an automatic bid going to the winner which would lessen the amount of teams in existing conferences. For example if Polytech wins Conference they get auto D1 bid and everybody else has to get an at-large berth or if Hodgson wins they get an auto D2 bid and everyone else has to get an at-lage bid for their respective divisions! But I'm sure that might make too much sense and the traditionalists would hate it!

Challenge their kids?? Come on, I understand you are borderline ranting, but you are coming off as just being silly. Although the quality of teams in teh Hen North are slowly improving due to population increases, but over the past years most games that would have been scheduled between upper Flight A and most downstate teams were a bit of a mismatch?

Although I am all for it, I am down that way on the weekends anyway, and have come to enjoy stopping by Cape occassionally for a few minutes of FB. All though I would rather watch them play lacrosse. They are consistantly quite good in lacrosse.

Delcastle played at Polytech this year close game.

Glasgow beat Smyrna in week 1.

Concord beat Dover.

It's tough for Flight A teams to schedule Henlopen North teams with the 8 conference games they have to play. I wish they would re-align so the divisions weren't so large. How about a 6 game conference schedule? Will never happen though. Delaware doesn't like to adjust.

With St Marks dropping to D2. William Penn, Sussex Tech, Sussex Central, Dover and CR will all have open dates. Penn, Dover and Tech all have an opening on 9-11. CR opens the season at Middletown then plays Sallies the next week.

I wouldnt exactly say say flight A is the toughest conference from top to bottom. But i just feel like IRISHQB#11 rant is lacking some facts. I couldn't tell you one way or another whether upstate is ducking downstate teams by not scheduling them. I hear people from Sallies, Caravel and St Marks saying no one will schedule them. I hear people from upstate saying downstate won't schedule them. So who knows the answer to that. But when i look at Flight A's out of conference games i don't see a lot of cupcakes. Flight A must play its conference mates, so thats 8 games with 2 non conference.

Wm Penn -
2014 Sallies, St Marks
2015 Sallies, St G

Middletown
2014 Sallies, CRod
2015 Sallies, CRod

Concord
2014 Sallies & Dover
2015 Sallies & Caravel

A.I.
2014 Sussex Tech & St E
2015 Sussex Tech & St E

Glasgow
2014 Smyrna & Caravel

Delcastle
2014 Smyrna & Poly
2015 Smyrna & Poly

Charter
2014 Howard & St Georges
2015 DMA, RLCA

Appo
2014 Wood & Archmere
2015 Smyrna & Poly

Newark
2014 Oxford & Hodgson
2015 St Marks & Glasgow

In 2014, 5 of the 9 teams play a Henlopen North team. Of the 4 that didn't play a Hen North team, Penn played 2 top 5 Flight A teams, Charter and Appo both each played 2 top ten D2 teams and Newark played the defending D2 Champ Hodgson. So i don't get the cupcake comment.

In 2015, 4 of the 9 teams play a Henlopen North Team. Of the 5 that don't play a Hen North Team. Penn plays Sallies & St G: Newark plays St Marks & Glasgow; Concord plays Sallies & Caravel. Not necessarily cupcake schedules. I will give you that Charter plays DMA & RLCA, but DMA is a top ten D2 team. New team Mt Pleasant plays Bwine & Howard. Decent d2 teams, but lets face it, Mt P will have their hands full playing up in D1 next year. I would cut them some slack.

So my point of this is that i don't agree that Flight A doesn't play Hen North when half do. Also i don't agree that Flight A plays cupcake teams out of conference.

I will agree that i would love to see more interaction between Hen North and Flight A as well. In my perfect high school sports world i want all the top teams to all play each other. It wouldn't be practical, but teams would be shuffled around to conferences and divisions based on competiveness not school population.

Looks to me as 5 of 7 Henlopen teams versus at most 5 of 9 Blue Hen Flight A teams willing to play! Do the percentage! If upstate is so much better than why did Mt. Pleasant move up to the Flight A and automatically schedule Howard Flight B. let's be fair the system is messed up and DIAA has to change it but will not! There is the problem!

Originally posted by IrishQB#11:
Looks to me as 5 of 7 Henlopen teams versus at most 5 of 9 Blue Hen Flight A teams willing to play! Do the percentage! If upstate is so much better than why did Mt. Pleasant move up to the Flight A and automatically schedule Howard Flight B. let's be fair the system is messed up and DIAA has to change it but will not! There is the problem!
Because there are two year home and home contracts in place for one... That game was already contracted (yes I get with the division change they can get out of it), , Even if it wasnt it isn't unrealistic for a D2 team that gets moved to D1 as the lowest enrollment D1 team to schedule a average D2 program..

Just because a team gets moved to D1 because of enrollment doesn't mean they automatically become better than the D2 teams that were beating them annually.. Look it up. When was the last time Mt Pleasant beat Howard? So you think a 40 kid hike in enrollment changes that?

This post was edited on 10/9 10:25 PM by ravensrooster2

There are 2 -year Home and Home agreements not contracts , Jack...! So if changes are made then you should look at it accordingly, problem is the system not the schools Jack...!

RR what happened at the end of the StE vs caravel game. I left with like 7 min and listened to rest on radio. They said some after game activity? I am also glad Caravel threw that ball at the end. Payback for not paying them anymore.

So at the end of the game it's cool to run the score up because that team dropped you from their schedule? Not sure I agree with that logic.

Originally posted by fanoffootball123:
So at the end of the game it's cool to run the score up because that team dropped you from their schedule? Not sure I agree with that logic.
Play clock was running out over debating whether to let the Soph kicker try a 50 yard FG...Eventually they decided not to and had to run something.. I believe the idea was it was 4th and long and the pass play was to get the 1st down then take a knee.. Soph QB got flushed and just threw it to the guy he saw open..situational play call running/learning a new offense QB only playing in his 5th HS game.. Missed most of last year with knee injury... I dont think the play call was to try and score but don't think he was told not to either..

If there is anything between the schools or coaches it likely goes back to when St E HC was HC at DMA.. CA was letting DMA use their field for free and when CA needed a game Aviola refused .. So he then goes to ST E and cancels a series that has been played since 1986.. He apparently carries some grudge vs CA based on his comments he said in the heat of the moment after the game that the players heard..

Thats all I know about it..

This post was edited on 10/12 1:24 PM by ravensrooster2

Originally posted by IrishQB#11:
There are 2 -year Home and Home agreements not contracts , Jack...! So if changes are made then you should look at it accordingly, problem is the system not the schools Jack...!
They are signed contracts. If one team doesn't want to play they can be made to take a forfeit if the other can't find a suitable replacement game..

http://www.doe.k12.de.us/infosuites/students_family/diaa/files/diaa_contractcontest.pdf

This post was edited on 10/12 1:25 PM by ravensrooster2

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT