ADVERTISEMENT

2019 College signing updates

TruthSerum1

JV stand out
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2019
Are there any word on the big name senior players from DE and where there will be attending college?
Corahn Alleyne?
Drew Fry?
Isaac Barnes?

Reactions: FootballguyDE
I don't believe Fry signed any where yet.. believe he had offers from Del State and Coastal Carolina

Alleyne had offers from Kutztown and VMI not sure if he signed anywhere yet or not either

Last edited:
not sure but i thought i read somewhere that Alleyne is going to Marist ???

PWO is not a scholarship. It’s a roster spot and a meal card. Not that it isn’t a good thing but IMO it’s not a signee

PWO is not a scholarship. It’s a roster spot and a meal card. Not that it isn’t a good thing but IMO it’s not a signee
I didn't even think it was that. I thought it meant they knew that you were trying out for the team for a walk-on spot before hand, and weren't just some random person on campus trying out that the coaches knew nothing about.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Boy was I wrong. Just read an article on USA Today that said that PWO have a guaranteed roster spot. Matter of fact, J.J. Watt and Clay Matthews were PWO at their schools even though they had full scholarships offers to other school. But they wanted to go to Wisconsin and USC so bad (and obviously their parents could afford the risk), that they went the PWO route.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
PWO is important especially to in state kids and FCS schools. It’s a guarantee roster spot and unlimited meals. It allows them to offer in state kids something along with the state subsidized funds a very cheap option without costing them a very limited scholarship offer FCS also offfers Half schollys to in state as well. To put it in perspective my son got a PWO from UD but decided he didn’t want to play football in college and focus on other things. Point being it’s cheaper sending him to UD than it was High School. It’s also why so many CA kids go to school elsewhere and transfer back to UD

Last edited:
Reactions: SenatorPride
If you don’t qualify for finacial aide UD is about 10k a year for kids that can commute in (live at home) That’s attractive.home cooked meals. Laundry done by mom etc... just saying. You don’t have to be a servant of an athletic program to go to college but you do have to have the grades to get in

Reactions: TruthSerum1
Seed program is awesome in DE. And you don’t have to be poor to get in many Caravel students take that route.

It’s a state funded program. Essentially free college open to pretty much everyone

Seed Requirements

To be eligible for the SEED Scholarship, students must meet several requirements:

• Must be a Delaware resident who graduates from a Delaware high school with a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
  • Enter directly into the UD Associate in Arts Program from high school.
  • Have no felony convictions.
  • Enroll in at least 24 credits per academic year and maintain a 2.5 GPA while in the UD Associate in Arts Program to remain eligible.

Boy was I wrong. Just read an article on USA Today that said that PWO have a guaranteed roster spot. Matter of fact, J.J. Watt and Clay Matthews were PWO at their schools even though they had full scholarships offers to other school. But they wanted to go to Wisconsin and USC so bad (and obviously their parents could afford the risk), that they went the PWO route.
Paul Worrilow was a PWO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT