ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Saturday scores

You can say that but if MT stops the earthquake Wilson is back in the game. That’s why he was in the series the fumble happened. MT d held up against the run

he threw one pass the whole game and it was a screen.. I personally think if they played him like last week Smyrna runs away with it by multiple scores

A few quick opinions...

1. Will Knight is undoubtedly the best player in the history of DE high school football! Honestly not even close.

2. Yet another Mtwn Head Coach that can’t get it done in the big game. His failure to stick to the pass vs a suspect Smyrna secondary honestly killed his teams momentum several times. If Mtwn spreads out that defense and let’s Fry operate they would be state champs right now.

3. Will Knight is undoubtedly the best player in the history of DE High School football! It’s honestly not even close.

4. They say football games are won up front. Well Smyrna didn’t do anything to change that theory. That dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides today!

5. I forgot to mention how great Will Knight is a 28 year old man

Yes I agree about 5 his age

Congrats to Smyrna- ....played their game for the 3rd straight year broke the film down and took what they saw vs Opponent 1st matchup and used it to help win the title.
2015- they lost 76-56 to Sals @ Baynard and beat em in rematch!
2016- they scrimmaged and MT won in what was a game basically, Smyrna comes back and whooped em to win the title last season.
2017- MT wins opener and Smyrna does it again.
Film and Scouting pays!!!
------got to give props to Judy for recognizing need to just let Knight be the QB/RB and do his thing.

Last edited:
As far as Middletown "jumping around" on the earthquake goes that was the reason they had to two block below the waist. To legally block below the waist the ball must still be within the free blocking zone and the defensive player must be on the line of scrimmage. So by Middletown taking a step back and standing up on the earthquake Smyrna could no longer cut block the defensive line. They were definitely not questionable and they were the right call.

Judy seems to have the coaching thing down. Could he pull a Butch Simpson and make a run at 7 straight or could he pull a Joe Purzycki and go to DelState (with is OC) where he could be the catalyst they need to regain respectability in the MEAC?

I would like to know your thoughts.

Knight is the greatest player ever to put on a uniform in Delaware... Not even close.... Took over the game ... Bad part about it... MT knew he was getting ball and couldnt do nothing about it...smh
I have been around a long time and you have to consider that proposition. It is funny that Pedro Swann had it but in those days he was under recruited and thus unenthusiastic about academics.

Judy seems to have the coaching thing down. Could he pull a Butch Simpson and make a run at 7 straight or could he pull a Joe Purzycki and go to DelState (with is OC) where he could be the catalyst they need to regain respectability in the MEAC?

Dont know anything about Judy but Marks is pretty tied into the Smyrna community and coaches his sons Smyrna rec team in which his son is the QB and is pretty good ,, just saying

poinit being with Marks having young kids and pretty settled into his community I dont know what or if he has any ambitions to chase college coaching at this point.. He already has coached college and in the pros but I dont know if he is still chasing those things or is happy being settled where he is at

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Dont know anything about Judy but Marks is pretty tied into the Smyrna community and coaches his sons Smyrna rec team in which his son is the QB and is pretty good ,, just saying

......and that is all the more reason that Marks might be the answer at DelState but his best vehicle to get there would be Judy....maybe I am being too exhuberant....

its crazy but Smyrna had no QB when Henderson got knocked out of Penn game few years back. Down 13-0-what does Judy do?- Goes into the earthquake and takes his talent and uses it in the most basic form-...like you see in youth ball. knight goes off and Smyrna rolls off 30 straight points to win 30-13.
-Today.....Smyrna gets no QB play and instead of panic, Judy simply puts the ball and game into the hands of the best player in the state and does it again!
Its not magic-he just gets it..........snap the ball and make sure the talented kid has it.

Reactions: GateKeeperRefugee
Randy White, 2nd overall pick in NFL draft, Super Bowl MVP and Hall of Fame inductee ahhhhhhhh yeah GOAT out of Delaware, no question and not even close !!!
Yes, you are correct as a FB player but as a HS player he was just real good....not in the Knight like class. Randy turned into Randy White at Maryland. Back then freshmen weren't allowed on the D1 college varsity. He was a FB on the freshman team.

No doubt at this point White is the greatest FB player out of Delaware....

Reactions: 84rider
Knight is an exceptional HS football player.. With a ton of heart.. I consider him a throwback.. but DE HS football or maybe Rhode Island or Maine are the only states he could win it himself like he did.. Thats not a knock on him at all but reality.. If a kid did what he did in lets say Florida, Maryland, PA, Ohio he would be the top ranked and most recruited kid in the country

Reactions: youjustme
Nice Sate Championship Game. Looks like this Judy is the real deal. Liked his confidence earlier this week. I did notice Middletown avoided kicking to Knight? That's what killed them.

Nice Sate Championship Game. Looks like this Judy is the real deal. Liked his confidence earlier this week. I did notice Middletown avoided kicking to Knight? That's what killed them.

In the whole scheme of things, it may not have made a difference but I can think of one team that wishes their team didn't kick off to Knight. (reminiscent of the Joe Todd game...)

Reactions: eagle control
he threw one pass the whole game and it was a screen.. I personally think if they played him like last week Smyrna runs away with it by multiple scores

I can agree with that. I guess they felt MT secondary was better or that MT couldn’t defend the run.

Didnt get a chance to watch Hodgson?

RR....I'm good. It was great game. There really wasn't a dirty game, Both teams kept the penalties to a minimum compared to what they both usually get.

Knight is one hell of a player, and I said pregame if Smyrna won it would have been on his shoulders. I don't like Wilson, never did, and to be honest, Wilson being in was costing Smyrna points and yards. As soon as he fumbled and it got ran back you never Saw him again.

I think if they left him on the bench they could have gone undefeated. However, it was a great game, and I can't speak for everyone else but there was nothing to hang your head about. Both teams was straight battling. It was a treat to watch one last Knight versus Whitehead game. It would be a shame if Knight pulls his Verbal and goes out of state. UD could really use him on offense.

But I'll end it with Congrats to Smyrna!

I’m sure Wilson did his best and he is still a young man, no need to dirty things up by calling him out by name. No matter what he won a ship and competed all season long,. Congrats to both teams

As far as Middletown "jumping around" on the earthquake goes that was the reason they had to two block below the waist. To legally block below the waist the ball must still be within the free blocking zone and the defensive player must be on the line of scrimmage. So by Middletown taking a step back and standing up on the earthquake Smyrna could no longer cut block the defensive line. They were definitely not questionable and they were the right call.

I have to go and see the cut calls but I thought they were questionable but with them jumping around on the snap it put them out of position most of the time creating holes.

But you are wrong about the rule ”the Free Blocking zone exists from tackle to tackle and 3 yards behind each teams line of scrimmage.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
I don’t see Knight going to UD. Knight doesn’t want to play at 1-AA. Had Rutgers and Connecticut at their practice the other day. I believe his #1 is Bowling Green he’s taking a visit there soon.

Reactions: youjustme
ft hill vs dunbar is on channel 54 if anyone wanted to watch . ft hill going for 5th str8 title. dunbar ahead right now 30 to 26, start of 4th q

Mike Meade ring any bells? Frank Cephas? Gene Lake? Henry White?

Chris Godwin? Jaimie Duncan? Duran Harmon?

Better know your history before saying he is best EVER.

broadcast delayed? wtf.. I thought they fixed this nonsense first game? what did someone kick a plug or something?

I have to go and see the cut calls but I thought they were questionable but with them jumping around on the snap it put them out of position most of the time creating holes.

But you are wrong about the rule ”the Free Blocking zone exists from tackle to tackle and 3 yards behind each teams line of scrimmage.
Yes the free blocking zone exist 3 yards in front of and behind the line of scrimmage. But to legally cut block the defenders must be on the line of scrimmage.

Mike Meade ring any bells? Frank Cephas? Gene Lake? Henry White?

Chris Godwin? Jaimie Duncan? Duran Harmon?

Better know your history before saying he is best EVER.

yeah best ever is a bit over the top.. not like he has offers from Alabama or what not..

I'm not trying to dirty up his name. I've stated all year my feelings on his play. It's no secret. I don't think he's a QB. He's an athlete pretending to be one. He's got great athleticism, there's no denying that and I'm sure he's a great kid.

But you're right. He has a championship under his belt now. Maybe that will change some people's views on him.

Not going to happen. It took a special player for them to win it this year. They will need someone to step up to do it again especially 4 more times and the first thing to help DSU is better recruiting

Reactions: Can_you_feel_me
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT