ADVERTISEMENT

Delaware Summer League

oldlaxguy

Tackles too high
Apr 2, 2010
One of the most frustrating things that I endure each summer is the lack of a good high school summer league. The last one that I remember was at least 7 years ago at Tatnall and run by Brian McDermott. Bryan did an amazing job, he had three fields going at all times. High school games were followed by mens league games, it was a beautiful thing. What has happened?

There is nothing better than the anticipation of a game on a summer night, the build up, the fun, the banter during the day between you and a buddy that you are playing against that night.

It has come to my attention that no one is willing to lend us a field to use for two nights per week for six weeks to start a solid High School summer league. I find it amazing that everyone wants to say they are promoting the sport, yet when it comes to crunch time no one can allow or find field usage.

We as a state are missing the boat on the experience that we can give these HS players

DELAWARE LACROSSE FOUNDATION
HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER LEAGUE REGISTRATION FORM

COST: $75.00* (includes team t-shirt required for play and insurance)
LOCATION: SHUE-MEDILL MIDDLE SCHOOL (off Kirkwood Highway in Newark, DE)
DATES: June 28 through July 28 (Mondays and Wednesdays) 6 - 8:30 pm
AGE GROUP: Boys Entering 9th grade through graduated 2010 Seniors.
FORMAT:
Each INDIVIDUAL player will be assigned to a team based on his playing ability (20 total
players). Each team will play 8 regular season games and at least 1 play-off game
(weather permitting). Games will be a minimum of two 22 minute running halves.

We will accept players on a 1st to register AND pay basis (see NOTE below). We will be
accepting registrations for 4-6 teams only. Position breakdown per team will be:

Attack = 5, Midfield = 6, Defense/LSM = 7, Goal = 2

Once we reach player limits for each team there will be a wait-list.

PAYMENT:
Please make checks payable to DELAWARE LACROSSE FOUNDATION and mail to:
DELAWARE SUMMER LEAGUE
c/o Z CAMPS, LLC
P.O. Box 5782
Wilmington, DE 19808

*NOTE: If payment is NOT received within 4 business days of registration you could
lose your roster spot and placed on wait-list. Once check is received there will be
NO REFUNDS unless league is cancelled.

ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINE: June 18, 2010 by 3 pm

Fill out entire Registration Form below, check that you have read and accept WAIVER
then click SUBMIT. You will receive a confirmation response shortly.

Players will either be called or emailed by June 25th with team and game information.

Summer League Registration

Wow Im suprised the Delaware Lax Foundation stepped up finally. They should have this in place every year since they were created...but the foundation kinda sucks. I really don't know what they do other then Youth programs...thats nice and all...but players have four more years after youth. There should be lax year round for people to play.

The foundation did very, very little except wait until the last minute...AGAIN. The work was put in by Chris Zwickert who continues to try and lay the groundwork for lacrosse success in the state. Hopefully this year will be the start of an ongoing summer league that builds the level of competition in the state. Great job Chris, thank you for your continued efforts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT