ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW, If seeding were by CalPreps rank.

That's what I'm saying- if there were less teams in the BH-A then scheduling might be easier for the Hen North teams to pick them up.

It looks like the conference games get set, and the open dates are like "bye" weeks that the schools must fill. Here are the "byes" for the Hen. North this past 2 year cycle:
Dover - 1,2,3,7
Smy - 1,2,3,5
Cape - 1,2,3,8
CR - 1,2,3,4
SC - 1,2,3,10
Tech- 1,2,3,9
Poly- 1,2,3,6

That means that every Hen-North team needs to find a D1 opponent weeks 1,2,3 or they suffer from a lack of points. The other week is floating for each.

Now the BH-A byes:
AI - 1,7
Charter - 1,10
Penn - 1,8
Delcastle - 1,3
Concord - 1, 6
MtP- 1,9
Mtown - 1,5
Appo - 1,2
Newark- 1,4

So they ALL need a game week 1. Without someone stepping in to say "you have to play a Hen-N team" then AI avoids Dover, Charter avoids Central etc.

Then you throw independent schools in the mix, like Sals and StMarks trying to get games and it gets hairier.

My point is Hen-North teams are at the mercy of the BH-A. If a blue hen team decides to pick up an independent or private then the henlopen team is forced to play either Sallies or go play a d2 team. You know Sallies won't play a d2 unless its a rivalry game like StMarks, so they are going to work to snatch up games with the HN or BH-A teams.

I don't know if the point system is as flawed as the schedules

Nice piece of analysis.

Reactions: shorebilly
But wouldn't that help to even out the numbers? You could set D-1 and D-2 to 7 and 6 teams respectively in the public school conferences.

Now, I see your point. Interesting. The Appoquinimink School District probably would want both of their high schools (MDT & Appo) in the same conference.

I have to admit that you and wolverine have made some good points.

No. With the establishment of the Widener Law School in Delaware in the 1970s we created an oversupply of barristers.......worst plague since the Bubonic.
Thereby the incorporation problem was created. Therefore every third child had a rash. It all becomes clear now.

Reactions: Wolverine52
Thereby the incorporation problem was created. Therefore every third child had a rash. It all becomes clear now.

Good night. Time for bed. I was worn down by trick or treaters. One girl had a Hillary mask and wore an orange prison jump suit. Poor girl probably has deplorable and irredeemable parents.

Ghost of Henny Youngman.

Last edited:
My
well If piont system isnt designed for who beat who head to head ..shouldnt be a system then..

The piont system is flawd because it

Missing whole piont.. I dont care who Central played... If Cape beat them head to head.. Both finish 7-3.. Show me another sport where that happened..never.. Alls you sayo is strenghth of schedule.. Please...

You honestly don't have a point. The system has worked and like I said you can't name a time this has occurred. Schedule better teams and beat them. Or at least schedule better teams as a starting point.

Sussex Central played a better schedule that's part of the system. Capes AD and coaching staff knows that going in to every season. Deal with it.

Should I send some Desitin down to Lewes?

Cheers,

Busch

Reactions: proudscfan
You honestly don't have a point. The system has worked and like I said you can't name a time this has occurred. Schedule better teams and beat them. Or at least schedule better teams as a starting point.

Sussex Central played a better schedule that's part of the system. Capes AD and coaching staff knows that going in to every season. Deal with it.

Should I send some Desitin down to Lewes?

Cheers,

Busch
Correct ..you cant remember because it never happens in any sport .. But i agree schedule better teams...i have a great piont... So i must have a great piont If you say you have never seen it happen before.. Dont care about Cape at all.. .. Just thought that was strange for that might could happen...

Good night. Time for bed. I was worn down by trick or treaters. One girl had a Hillary mask and wore an orange prison jump suit. Poor girl probably has deplorable and irredeemable parents.

Ghost of Henny Youngman.[/QUOTE
lol that was a good one...

Correct ..you cant remember because it never happens in any sport .. But i agree schedule better teams...i have a great piont... So i must have a great piont If you say you have never seen it happen before.. Dont care about Cape at all.. .. Just thought that was strange for that might could happen...

It actually happens all the time in almost every sport. Basketball, volleyball, baseball, field hockey, lacrosse, soccer, softball, etc - ALL use a points system that does NOT consider head to head when ranking teams for the playoff brackets. Head to head is only used when determining a tiebreaker for a conference title and automatic bid.

It actually happens all the time in almost every sport. Basketball, volleyball, baseball, field hockey, lacrosse, soccer, softball, etc - ALL use a points system that does NOT consider head to head when ranking teams for the playoff brackets. Head to head is only used when determining a tiebreaker for a conference title and automatic bid.
q

It actually happens all the time in almost every sport. Basketball, volleyball, baseball, field hockey, lacrosse, soccer, softball, etc - ALL use a points system that does NOT consider head to head when ranking teams for the playoff bra
ok Moving on.. Enough on this topic... Forgot just highscool....

My
well If piont system isnt designed for who beat who head to head ..shouldnt be a system then..

The piont system is flawd because it

Missing whole piont.. I dont care who Central played... If Cape beat them head to head.. Both finish 7-3.. Show me another sport where that happened..never.. Alls you sayo is strenghth of schedule.. Please...
Cape will finish 6-4 and it wont matter.

How can you say a system is flawed because of this one occurrence? That's ridiculous.

Central beat enough teams to get into the playoffs and played enough quality opponents in order to earn extra points.

RR or others who have been around...this doesn't happen often. Don't blame the system...maybe stop playing Lower Cape May Regional.

Cheers,

Busch

SOS is always an issue for many downstate teams. When they have the chance for OOC they need to play D1 not D2 teams. To make matters worse they lost to one of them.

It's Capes fault.

SOS is always an issue for many downstate teams. When they have the chance for OOC they need to play D1 not D2 teams. To make matters worse they lost to one of them.

It's Capes fault.
I know for a few years Delmar would travel and and play Balto co D1 teams and beat them... Schools like Kenwood, Dundalk Chesapeake etc,,,

You right ... But If they do go 7-3. Its a problem...
Its not a problem...its no different than a 3 way tie breaker where say Smyrna beats Cape, Cape beats Central, Central beats Smyrna..you have to have way to break the tie.. points are the only way other than allowing a committee to choose the play off teams which trust me no one wants... You do know its happened in NFL and NCAA numerous times when a team makes the playoffs over another team that beat them. If Cape was 5-5 and Central was 7-3 but Cape beat them head to head should Cape get in over Central?

That's what I'm saying- if there were less teams in the BH-A then scheduling might be easier for the Hen North teams to pick them up.

It looks like the conference games get set, and the open dates are like "bye" weeks that the schools must fill. Here are the "byes" for the Hen. North this past 2 year cycle:
Dover - 1,2,3,7
Smy - 1,2,3,5
Cape - 1,2,3,8
CR - 1,2,3,4
SC - 1,2,3,10
Tech- 1,2,3,9
Poly- 1,2,3,6

That means that every Hen-North team needs to find a D1 opponent weeks 1,2,3 or they suffer from a lack of points. The other week is floating for each.

Now the BH-A byes:
AI - 1,7
Charter - 1,10
Penn - 1,8
Delcastle - 1,3
Concord - 1, 6
MtP- 1,9
Mtown - 1,5
Appo - 1,2
Newark- 1,4

So they ALL need a game week 1. Without someone stepping in to say "you have to play a Hen-N team" then AI avoids Dover, Charter avoids Central etc.

Then you throw independent schools in the mix, like Sals and StMarks trying to get games and it gets hairier.

My point is Hen-North teams are at the mercy of the BH-A. If a blue hen team decides to pick up an independent or private then the henlopen team is forced to play either Sallies or go play a d2 team. You know Sallies won't play a d2 unless its a rivalry game like StMarks, so they are going to work to snatch up games with the HN or BH-A teams.

I don't know if the point system is as flawed as the schedules

This is a great point. And my guess is that most MD schools down there are small too so D2

It's Capes fault.
All you Missing the whole piont... Smh.. I understand the piont system and SOS Schedule.. I was just saying it looks real dumb for a team ahead of you in conference and beat u in conference and finish with the same record... But they get in before u you... Thats all i was saying.. Just opinion

Its not a problem...its no different than a 3 way tie breaker where say Smyrna beats Cape, Cape beats Central, Central beats Smyrna..you have to have way to break the tie.. points are the only way other than allowing a committee to choose the play off teams which trust me no one wants... You do know its happened in NFL and NCAA numerous times when a team makes the playoffs over another team that beat them. If Cape was 5-5 and Central was 7-3 but Cape beat them head to head should Cape get in over Central?
You is not making sense..... Wat you saying... Never happened in nfl in same conference..that sound dumb.. I

T

Them teams are weak.. 3 divisions in Maryland and they are in the lower level..
Actually there are 4 divisions in Md but I wouldn't expect you to know the facts...Fort Hill a Div 4 team in Md would wax any DE team accept Smyrna or Middletown

Watched Queen Annes play Central.. They are not good at all .. Central beat them easily... Oakdale would destroy both of them...
you watched Cape and Caravel play and told us hands down Cape would roll them.. your team assessment is certainly in question... Homer DOH!

No excuses they lost... They wona be back this week either against Smryna....

Really need to take your complaints to Beebe Medical or the Urgent Care Centers around Lewes, DE. If the Cape Henlopen's mass outbreak of strep throat hasn't been corrected after over a weeks time.

Kids learned a valuable lesson, don't drink out of each others cups and don't think you get in playoffs just cause you got the better of a playoff caliber football team.

Cheers,

Busch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT