4 Delmar
5 Caravel
6 Friends
7 St. Mark's
8 AI
9 Howard
10 TH

Reactions: runningman12001
Delmar 4 why? and dont give the standard "I showed you mine you show me yours " response I am not the one who puts rankings and predictions out every week but doesn't read the threads to even know what is going on.Dickinson ring a bell ? lol

Last edited:
1 Middletown
2 Smyrna
3 Rallies
4 SC
5 Hodgson
6 Polytech
7 WP
8 CR
9 ST
10 Concord

1 DMA
2 Milford
3 Woodbridge
4 Delmar
5 Caravel
6 Friends
7 St. Mark's
8 AI
9 Howard
10 TH

friends and caravel are better than delmar

Caravel would walk up and down the field against DMA.
Caravel also got blown out by a weak Edmondson-westside team that has not beat a team in MD with a winning record. So much optimism for Carvel just I don’t see it. DMA could run over anyone in D2 if they commit to that style. They won’t so it’s why I believe the only team that can beat DMA is their own coaches

Reactions: upstatewrestlingfan
If Delmar beats Milford and loses to Woodbridge they will tie in points with Milford after bonuses . With Delmar winning the tie breaker beating them HU . If Delmar Beats Woodbridge and loses to Milford then Delmar is out. They have to beat Milford and Laurel to get in. Obviously if they win all three they are in but that’s not likely unless the above poster is correct and their QB comes back but that’s a big if. Plus Laurel always plays Delmar tuff so they could lose that game then it won’t matter.
So let's spell it out assuming delmar beats milford.
Delmar /// milford
Smithsburg - 4 /// Sussex Tech- 6
St Mary's - 0 /// DMA- 2
St E's- 4 /// Poly - 1 or 2 depending on poly getting 7 wins
IR- 4 /// seaford- 4
Arcadia - 4 /// laurel- 4
LF-4 /// wb- 5
Seaford - 4 /// Cape- 6
Laurel - 4 /// IR- 4
Milford - 5 /// Delmar- 2
Woodbridge - 1 with L /// LF- 4
total= 34 not even close. /// Total = 38 or 39 way above DM
It would require Delmar to beat both to get in.

Caravel also got blown out by a weak Edmondson-westside team that has not beat a team in MD with a winning record. So much optimism for Carvel just I don’t see it. DMA could run over anyone in D2 if they commit to that style. They won’t so it’s why I believe the only team that can beat DMA is their own coaches
Also calling edmondson weak is laughable. Record of their opponents aside, it is a different kind of football down there. They would win D2 in delaware easy.

Dont forget the winner of the Hen South gets a auto bid into the play-offs.. Have to look at the poss 3way tie scenarios.. Conference title goes by record not pts.. Right now Milford has that over WB but if Milf loses to Del Mar and WB beats Delmar Then you got that 3 way with no HtoH advantage.. I dont know what Henlopen Conf tiebreak is for that scenerio

Question for the Hen South guys.. Do they only look at the in-conference record or the overall record in determining a champion?

Last edited:
Dont forget the winner of the Hen South gets a auto bid into the play-offs.. Have to look at the poss 3way tie scenarios.. Conference title goes by record not pts.. Right now Milford has that over WB but if Milf loses to Del Mar and WB beats Delmar Then you got that 3 way with no HtoH advantage.. I dont know what Blue Hen Conf tiebreak is for that scenerio

Question for the Hen South guys.. Do they only look at the in-conference record or the overall record in determining a champion?
In the past it has been a point differential between the three teams that are tied. Not sure if that has been changed.

If Delmar beats Milford and loses to Woodbridge they will tie in points with Milford after bonuses . With Delmar winning the tie breaker beating them HU . If Delmar Beats Woodbridge and loses to Milford then Delmar is out. They have to beat Milford and Laurel to get in. Obviously if they win all three they are in but that’s not likely unless the above poster is correct and their QB comes back but that’s a big if. Plus Laurel always plays Delmar tuff so they could lose that game then it won’t matter.
If Delmar beats
In the past it has been a point differential between the three teams that are tied. Not sure if that has been changed.
1. Conference Record
2. Head to Head (2 teams)
3. Three way tie goes to points differential.
4. I think gets chosen y A.D.'s OMG

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Its in CA's best interest the three way doesn't happen.. Delmar needs to just go ahead and lose both of them. What fun is a three way with no head to head advantage anyway? haha

Last edited:
Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
@7nonstop3, as you stated your son plays for DMA, curious to know if you opinions would change if he played elsewhere. Nothing wrong with be a homer but you sound desperate for everyone else to believe in your team. Time will tell, good luck to you and your son, don’t over sell them, other teams read this also, just saying

DMA barely beat Archemere and needed a pick 6 to win ,Where Caravel beat them without much trouble . Caravel didn't give up a first down to St marks until after halftime and DMA was losing at halftime . Without Alleyne DMA can't score where Caravel has a few more kids who score.

Reactions: upstatewrestlingfan
I think it's funny trying to figure out who the homers are. Sometimes they tell on themselves and sometimes their handles give it away

Other times their praise of one player or one team is way over the top

Then of course there are the ones who get upset or even offended when their player or team catch a little shade

After all, being offended by something (anything, everything) is in style these days....

Ok I did not count the bonus points Milford gets for losing to Delmar in the hypothetical scenario above. I did give Delmar 1 bonus for Saint Mary they will get to 7 wins. I stand by my Edmondson view. Well because I know the teams coaches and league more then you understand. Delaware playoff football points not so much obviously.
I doubt that st mary's will beat Severn. They have a very strong squad this year.

If Caravel gets in I feel they are winning it all, they are the most complete team in my opinion, good line, good skills, good QB, and a damn good Defense.

@7nonstop3, as you stated your son plays for DMA, curious to know if you opinions would change if he played elsewhere. Nothing wrong with be a homer but you sound desperate for everyone else to believe in your team. Time will tell, good luck to you and your son, don’t over sell them, other teams read this also, just saying
Obviously I believe in our team because its good. Im not desperate just stating the facts about our strengths and what I feel are weaknesses. Don’t really matter what I think or say because they still have to play the game. But anyone that knows anything about line play can clearly see DMA has the best of the D 2 teams. You don’t have to be a homer to see that. And I think I said clearly the team to beat was Woodbridge .

After handing Middletown the win and trying the same with William Penn, I can see Sallies at #3 now.

I would say Caravel has the best line or lines in D2, they have outscored De D2 teams 111-31 and having trouble finding in state opponents, imo

i think WB will win d2 for the reason of being a homer...100%! The certainty with which people announce their opinions on here is laughable, as if 15 and 16 year olds are predictable on any given day.

After handing Middletown the win and trying the same with William Penn, I can see Sallies at #3 now.

Unbelievable, Eagle. We actually agree. I hope the Slowskys win in Maryland this weekend. That will set up a nice battle for #2 when they play Smyrna in a couple of weeks. Smyrna has really owned the Broom Street guys. They put 57 on them (in a loss), they beat them in the title game and then they hung 60 on them last year.

But we are getting ahead of ourselves. They have to overcome their out of state bus ride curse against a 7-1 team. Seems like that challenge might be a little too big for them.

Saint Mary beat Archbishop Curly 49 to 0 and John carol 40 to 7 . Severn only beat Curly 14 to 0 and should have lost John Carol but won with two key turnovers Saint Mary beats Severn book it .
Granted, St Mary's has some strong wins. Would you call Pallotti a fluke game?

DMA barely beat Archemere and needed a pick 6 to win ,Where Caravel beat them without much trouble . Caravel didn't give up a first down to St marks until after halftime and DMA was losing at halftime . Without Alleyne DMA can't score where Caravel has a few more kids who score.

You can't say without Alleyne, because I am pretty sure he is still there and healthy. If DMA finds different ways to get him the ball, they could be legit. At the end of the day, they have a massive line and need to learn how to use it better. Time will tell how good everyone is in the coming weeks and in the tourney.

Granted, St Mary's has some strong wins. Would you call Pallotti a fluke game?

Good point about Pallotti.. St Mary's is their only win of the season. As for Curley being a quality win its not. Curley has been terrible since Coach Murphy left for NC.. New coach is trying to run a spread with a team that was built for the double wing and kids who all they have known is double or single wing since 5U plus they have no QB that can throw the ball. They also lost some studs who transferred out when Murph left. It going to be awhile before they can get back to where they were..

RR He has Delmar right were they need to be now. They will be higher when they run the table. You guys are crazy to think friends in better than Delmar. when Delmar wins out, what will you say then RR?

Obviously I believe in our team because its good. Im not desperate just stating the facts about our strengths and what I feel are weaknesses. Don’t really matter what I think or say because they still have to play the game. But anyone that knows anything about line play can clearly see DMA has the best of the D 2 teams. You don’t have to be a homer to see that. And I think I said clearly the team to beat was Woodbridge .

if they don't open up the playbook and stop being so damn predictable, it might be a short playoff run... and I have a kid at DMA! change it up some, put alleyene out in space etc...

RR He has Delmar right were they need to be now. They will be higher when they run the table. You guys are crazy to think friends in better than Delmar. when Delmar wins out, what will you say then RR?

Congrats.. good job.. what else would I say? When did Friends enter the conversation?

Archmere and DMA games always relatively close. Rival school match up very well against each other as they have been playing each other for years

Archmere and DMA games always relatively close. Rival school match up very well against each other as they have been playing each other for years

I wasn't aware of a DMA v Archmere rivalry must be fairly recent.. I know Caravel and Archmere has been a rivalry game for some time now they always used to be tightly contested until just recently

Rivalry for years that’s laughable, you speak as though they’ve been playing each other for decades

all the years I have been in DE.. how does years translate to decades? If I meant decades I would have said decades .. just saying

They started playing every year in 2009 so its almost a decade.. CA dominates the series in wins but there are allot of times Archmere gave CA all they could handle..They were considered a rival when my son was at CA anyway.. Actually they almost beat CA in 2012 during CA's undefeated season.. got the OC fired after that game

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT