ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff predictions

Friends top receiver is done. But they beat Tower by 30. Milford Woodbridge is a good game. Milford is worn down at this point in the year. DMA is red hot now and so is Delmar. AI looks to get revenge on Howard this week and ‘upset’ them in some people’s eyes

Also, think CR upsets Hodgson and Central beats Penn. CR v Middletown & Central v Smyrna second round with a Smyrna v Middletown championship game. I think if Knight is healthy Smyrna gets revenge in the chip game

Friends top receiver is done. But they beat Tower by 30. Milford Woodbridge is a good game. Milford is worn down at this point in the year. DMA is red hot now and so is Delmar. AI looks to get revenge on Howard this week and ‘upset’ them in some people’s eyes
What is the number of the player you are referring to?

I think Hodgson will steam roll CR, and Central beats Penn.

Hodgson has a great chance to beat Smyrna, and be a close game, but Smyrna prevails.

Middletown will embarrass Central.

A D1 rematch. It will be another classic between the two, but Knight is too banged up. He's been banged up all season. Middletown wins this one, 37-32. (Subject to change)

As far as D2 goes, Tower Hill, A.i, are done after this weekend.

Delmar beats DMA, Woodbridge beats Milford.

Friends will then lose to Delmar and Woodbridge will lose to Howard.

Delmar and Howard in the D2 championship.....coin toss but just for the sake of argument, I'll pick Delmar.

Last edited:
Reactions: runningman12001

Hodgson has a great chance to beat Smyrna, and be a close game, but Smyrna prevails.

A D1 rematch. It will be another classic between the two, but Knight is too banged up. He's been banged up all season. Middletown wins this one, 37-32. (Subject to change)

Delmar and Howard in the D2 championship.....coin toss
Do you think DMA is bad?

Last edited:
No not at all! I think DMA is a great team. And that game will be close with Delmar. I just think Delmar is rolling and getting hot at the right time.

I haven't seen either team play in person, but just from the feeds that were streamed, DMA seems to be hot and cold at times. It will be a one score game for sure. IMO I think, who ever comes out of that game, will win it all. But Woodbridge and Howard are serious threats against that.

1 DMA vs 8 Delmar
I think Delmar has to much speed for DMA, DMA is on dimensional, if you key on anyone for Delmar, you get burned.
Delmar 35-14
2 AI vs 7 Howard
A rematch from earlier in the year, Howard won the earlier match up, so im going with AI 28-21
3 Friends vs 6 Tower hill
Friends 21-7(how tower hill can be seeded over Delmar is beyond crazy)
4 Milford vs Woodbridge
WIth Woodbriges QB not being able to play, I give the nod to Milford. 20-14

1 DMA vs 8 Delmar
I think Delmar has to much speed for DMA, DMA is on dimensional, if you key on anyone for Delmar, you get burned.
Delmar 35-14
2 AI vs 7 Howard
A rematch from earlier in the year, Howard won the earlier match up, so im going with AI 28-21
3 Friends vs 6 Tower hill
Friends 21-7(how tower hill can be seeded over Delmar is beyond crazy)
4 Milford vs Woodbridge
WIth Woodbriges QB not being able to play, I give the nod to Milford. 20-14

its a travesty that Delmar got the #8 spot after beating both the #4-5 in back to back weeks... tower hill? really? they have zero shot.

Delmar and Howard in the D2 championship.....coin toss but just for the sake of argument, I'll pick Delmar.

do you give friends a chance at all?

Against Tower Hill yeah, A.i. Yeah.

DMA, Milford, Woodbridge, Delmar, and Howard I think they can hang with them, but the teams mentioned I believe have too much fire power for Friends to win. THEY CAN WIN, I just wouldn't bet on it.

DMA, Milford, Woodbridge, Delmar, and Howard I think they can hang with them, but the teams mentioned I believe have too much fire power for Friends to win. THEY CAN WIN, I just wouldn't bet on it.
fair enough

I think Friends matches up very well against DMA

Just goes to show that winning your conference doesn't mean squat with the way the point system is drawn up. Delmar at 8 is ridiculous. Just scrap the conferences and schedule who you want. Delmar defeated both the #4 and #5 seeds.

1 DMA vs 8 Delmar.........I'm picking DMA just because everyone else is picking Delmar. Delmar gets royally screwed with an awful seed. DMA 20-13

4 Mil vs 5 WB.......Milford won the 1st time they played and will win again. WB QB is most likely out so the Bucs win. Milford 28-12

2 AI vs 7 Howard.............AI being seeded #2 is just plain awful. They did nothing to deserve that seed and will lose again to Howard. This is usually when Howard gets rolling. Howard 35-13

3 Friends vs 6 Tower Hill...........TH is seeded higher than Flight B Champs Howard and Henlopen South Champs Delmar. Are you kidding me? TH shouldn't even be in the playoffs and has taken this spot from at least 3 or 4 other deserving teams. Friends might be missing a key player but it won't matter. Friends 75 Tower Hill 0

If I were commissioner for a day the Div II seeds would look like this:

1 Delmar
2 DMA
3 Friends
4 Howard
5 Milford
6 Woodbridge
7 AI
8 Tower Hill

DI is simple.

Meet at UD stadium in a few weeks. Most likely it will be Middletown vs. Smyrna. Hodgson has a shot. Everyone else is just around for show.

I'll be at the Delmar vs DMA game Friday night. Never miss a chance to see Delmar when they come North.

the kid that filled in for haynes at the end of the game, i believe his name was brewer ???, looked very athletic,good size and speed, he also had a very nice looking arm with the scrambling 40yd + throw down the field, i wouldnt count woodbridge out just yet imo

the kid that filled in for haynes at the end of the game, i believe his name was brewer ???, looked very athletic,good size and speed, he also had a very nice looking arm with the scrambling 40yd + throw down the field, i wouldnt count woodbridge out just yet imo
WB came out very flat at Milford, I doubt you will see that happen again. Expect them to be ready.

Just goes to show that winning your conference doesn't mean squat with the way the point system is drawn up. Delmar at 8 is ridiculous. Just scrap the conferences and schedule who you want. Delmar defeated both the #4 and #5 seeds.

1 DMA vs 8 Delmar.........I'm picking DMA just because everyone else is picking Delmar. Delmar gets royally screwed with an awful seed. DMA 20-13

4 Mil vs 5 WB.......Milford won the 1st time they played and will win again. WB QB is most likely out so the Bucs win. Milford 28-12

2 AI vs 7 Howard.............AI being seeded #2 is just plain awful. They did nothing to deserve that seed and will lose again to Howard. This is usually when Howard gets rolling. Howard 35-13

3 Friends vs 6 Tower Hill...........TH is seeded higher than Flight B Champs Howard and Henlopen South Champs Delmar. Are you kidding me? TH shouldn't even be in the playoffs and has taken this spot from at least 3 or 4 other deserving teams. Friends might be missing a key player but it won't matter. Friends 75 Tower Hill 0

1 Delmar
2 DMA
3 Friends
4 Howard
5 Milford
6 Woodbridge
7 AI
8 Tower Hill

DI is simple.

Meet at UD stadium in a few weeks. Most likely it will be Middletown vs. Smyrna. Hodgson has a shot. Everyone else is just around for show.

I'll be at the Delmar vs DMA game Friday night. Never miss a chance to see Delmar when they come North.
Woodbridge defeated your commissioner for a day #3 seed Friends, does that not get factored in? I actually like those seeds, the only question would be the placement of Woodbridge/Milford IMHO

1 Delmar
2 DMA
3 Friends
4 Howard
5 Milford
6 Woodbridge
7 AI
8 Tower Hill

DI is simple.

I agree with you, Delmar got screwed big time... I'm pulling for DMA as a DMA parent, but it wouldn't surprise me if Delmar wins. they're on a roll and will have an additional chip on their shoulder being seeded #8. If DMA doesn't open up the offensive playbook its going to be a long night. Ill def be there rooting for the Seahawks and hoping they pull out a win, def going to be tough though.

Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
I only put Friends above Woodbridge and others because Friends did win their conference. I realize it's the silk panty league and doesn't have an auto bid but it does exist. Friends is a good team. You could flip flop 3 and 4. Unlike DIAA I give teams kudos for winning their respective conferences. I wasn't impressed with Flight B so I put the Flight B winner as the lowest seed out of the conference winners.

Henlopen South was the best conference. The winner should be a #1 seed. Not an 8. Was also trying to make sure we didn't get a bunch of 1st round games with teams in the same conference or rematches of regular season games. I like the inter conference match ups .

I guess technically DMA isn't a conf winner but they did go 9-1 with a close loss to Hodgson. Wins over Milford, Archmere and St. Marks. I believe Archmere and St. Mark's are just as good or better than AI and TH. Obviously Caravel is better than all those previous mentioned teams.

Last edited:
its a travesty that Delmar got the #8 spot after beating both the #4-5 in back to back weeks... tower hill? really? they have zero shot.
It is a travesty that TH is in at all, especially over CA. It is really just bad for Delaware football and a joke.
Also, there seems to be a lot of love for Howard on this thread and I would be remiss to not bring up the fact that St. Marks beat them. CA and St. Marks also played a tougher schedule, based on opponents wins, than any team in the playoffs. Just food for thought.

Reactions: fanoffootball123
I agree with you, Delmar got screwed big time... I'm pulling for DMA as a DMA parent, but it wouldn't surprise me if Delmar wins. they're on a roll and will have an additional chip on their shoulder being seeded #8. If DMA doesn't open up the offensive playbook its going to be a long night. Ill def be there rooting for the Seahawks and hoping they pull out a win, def going to be tough though.
I think DMA problem will be Defense. That option game Delmar runs is hard to prepare for, and I don’t think you guys have the athletes to keep up. Your offense will be fine. Ball control use your advantage keep the ball away from Delmar. It will be a close one.

Brewer is an All state receiver. He is more then capable of filling in. But his blocking ability will be missed on the edge runs. And of course his deep threat

Reactions: bbmvp
if Wb can somehow win first game against milford minus starting qb , i look for them to get hot and repeat!!! and by look for i mean hope.

Believe they felt he threw a punch while laying on the ground with defender on top of him? Not quite sure how you even do that, or if so, why the flag doesn't get thrown until he's standing up walking away. I still don't understand it...

My son, an alum, tried explaining the situation to me so I watched for myself. 34 from Delmar, who was not in on the play, literslly lays on the QB to prevent him from getting up in an effort to keep the clock running. The QB then shoves him in what looks like an attempt to get up. Nothing suspension worthy which is pretty sad. That official should be ashamed if the suspension stands as it impacts much more than just one young man. The 302 announcers actually predict a delay of game penalty on 34.

My son, an alum, tried explaining the situation to me so I watched for myself. 34 from Delmar, who was not in on the play, literslly lays on the QB to prevent him from getting up in an effort to keep the clock running. The QB then shoves him in what looks like an attempt to get up. Nothing suspension worthy which is pretty sad. That official should be ashamed if the suspension stands as it impacts much more than just one young man. The 302 announcers actually predict a delay of game penalty on 34.
They were both standing so this is not true. Look at the 302 replay. I agree after watching this there should not have been an ejection. I think the reff was making up for the cheap shot took on Parker before half time no one seen. That should have been an ejection acording to some. . I also thought that was clean but apparently there is a targeting rule that comes into play away from the play. That’s what they were arguing about.

The worst thing about Delmar Being the 8th seed is that There will be no game at Delmar. IMO it is the best atmosphere to watch a HS football Game. There would have been 4000 people at the game if it were in Delmar. Even DMA would enjoy that atmosphere. DIAA would make a lot more money also. There will be half that at Barnyard. Its a shame not only for Delmar but for everyone.

Reactions: JMoxon4 and 84rider
Woodbridge back up QB is good , the only reason he doesn't play QB is because he's the best athlete on the field so they chose to use him in other ways to get the ball in his hands in open field . I think this will be an entertaining playoffs full of good games.

Reactions: 84rider
4000 fans for the playoff game at Delmar? I'm not sure, because it didn't even looked packed on 302 sports for the WB game and that was for the conference championship. I think the thing Delmar misses out on at Delmar is the home field advantage, because of the refs. Got to be honest, they LOVE Hearn and some how get away with a lot down there. Plus, how many of their kids live in MD? I've been to a game or 2 there before and they have more MD license plates than DE

D1
Hodgson 24 CR 20
Sussex Central 28 Penn 7

D2
Howard 36 AI 14
Friends 28, Tower Hill 6
Delmar 35, DMA 14
Woodbridge 14, Milford 6

4000 fans for the playoff game at Delmar? I'm not sure, because it didn't even looked packed on 302 sports for the WB game and that was for the conference championship. I think the thing Delmar misses out on at Delmar is the home field advantage, because of the refs. Got to be honest, they LOVE Hearn and some how get away with a lot down there. Plus, how many of their kids live in MD? I've been to a game or 2 there before and they have more MD license plates than DE

Come on bbmvp, you have been on here long enough to know how the Delmar district works. Half the school district is in MD and half in DE just like the town. All the DE and MD kids go to elementary school on the Maryland side and then they all go to the middle/high school on the Delaware side. So yes, half the kids at Delmar High school are from MD. People buy houses in the Delmar, MD district area just so their kids can go to Delmar, which is a much better school than the high schools in MD. As far as the refs go, they stink no matter where the game is played.

The refs? They love Hearn so much they missed a clear targeting call on Parker right in front of them. What calls did Delmar benefit from against Woodbridge? The only questionable call was the ejection. But no one really knows what happened there.

And you do realize the Delaware Maryland line is about 4 blocks from the school and Delmar is in 2 states. Hence the name Delmar. So yes, there are a lot of Maryland kids and fans.

Reactions: 84rider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT