ADVERTISEMENT

Sat Scores 9

Sallies calls basically the same play MT did for Davis.. MT fooled as well same result 10 yd TD run Mooney 28-21 43 sec left in 3rd

3 and out for Sals D.. MT to punt.. Mo going Sals way at the moment

cruddy punt.. Sals good field position at 48

4th 19... MT to punt from back of endzone

Then Sals muffs the punt.. MT ball on own 31 big break for the Cavs.. Davis back in

Somewhere Bummy is talking about "the specials"

OMG!!! Sals goes 82 yds in 21 seconds with no timeouts. TD pass Mooney to Johnson.. Total breakdown by MT DB's... Sals may go for 2 and the play-offs

weird play call on 2pt conversion. No good.. MT wins 28-27... Thats 2 games this season MT stops a 2pt conversion for the win after giving up a TD on last play of game... Sals about out of it barring some sort of upsets next week.. 3 back set to congested for play action pass to flat. QB got tripped up then rushed the throw.. receiver was open

Last edited:
Interesting a conservative coach like BDN would put the season on the line on a 2pt conversion.. I wonder if he knows the numbers?

Sals not home free.. Going to need Episcopal to beat Haverford which is going to be a tight game..and of course MT winning 9 .. Best thing for Sals is for CR to beat Dover.. but yeah Sals odds are decent they squeak in.. Comes down really to Episcopal beating Haverford but that game is pickem..

The Sals will roll over St. Marks. The Sals will be happy to take those easy 4 points.[/QUOTE

Those easy 4 pts could come back to haunt the Sals considering that it’s only 4 pts since St. Mark’s is D2. If Dover beats CR then of course their 6 pts mean a lot more. With the point system the D1/D2 difference is starting to effect teams playoff chances which I’m wondering will end some rivalry games like Sallies/St. Mark’s & Milford/Lake.

Reactions: Rockem sockem
DiNardo thinking was they were riding the momentum high. Down 28-14, come back and score with no time left, they had all the momentum. Analytics says to go for it in that situation. But slippery field conditions caused a poor play from the start and then just a poorly thrown ball.

who knows what happens if they got the extra point in headed to OT. Middletowns defense was playing extremely well last night, except for the garbage TD in the end. That’s on the DBs coaches for not setting up the secondary right. And then the 30 yards of penalties on very questionable calls that sprung the momentum in Sallies favor. 1st was taunting while a player was hurt, they were celebrating stopping the RB, no one knew the kid was hurt until the flag came out, 2nd was the Refs thought we were arguing back but instead of yelling out the play call for the defense....they heard one word, and what was being yelled was another. Coaches even went to the refs to show them the name of the play call on the sheet. They were yelling that call all night.

however, we were treated to a memorable game last night. Good effort by both sides. I saw some strides (at least on the Mtown side of things). Playoffs should be interesting

Last edited:
Reactions: Bucsnot and Chesdel
HS,
I agree riding the momentum is the way to go. The angle I was watching I could not see but there was 3 backs in the backfield. The QB stumbled, not sure if it was field conditions or ran into one of the backs. The receiver was wide open no question. I just didn’t like the 3 rb back there. Seemed crowded. But that may be why the receiver was so wide open.

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
Looks like he got tripped up by RB. The open receiver was one of the RB's and he was open right away but throw was late then rushed and thrown wide due to DB starting to recover.. Still don't like the crowded backfield on that type of play

Last edited:
I get the whole riding the momentum thing but it is also hard to get kids settled down enough after that to execute a play like this. It's one of those decisions that if they made it it's the right decision. If they go to OT and lose people would say he should have went for the win.. Hindsight is always 20/20 lol

Does anyone have the all-time record of the Sallies-MT series? Just wondering who leads it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT