ADVERTISEMENT

Sat Scores

my bad skipster.. not intentional.. I played Conrad Birdie in the school play so maybe its Freudian.. lol

so Mount after being a doormat in D2 may make the play-offs first year in D1.. Thats incredible

Brad MyersVerified account ‏@BradMyersTNJ 10m10 minutes ago
Want to emphasize that these seedings are NOT official. We have to wait to see what DIAA football committee determines on Sunday. #delhs

This has to with with the "official " which out state opponents are D1 or D2 ,, which no one knows...other than the committee

as the rules state its the school official enrollment when the contract was signed..The websites that give enrollment are often incorrect and not official

Hodgson wins 46 - 0 over Brandywine. Young team but lots of speed. Who knows, just maybe another run...

Why not? There is no real good teams in D2.. anyone can win it.. I will say this if Moffett and crew can pull this off then they go down in coaching folklore.. For the record lilRooster thought the HVT coaches at Blue Gold were great...

Last edited:
Auks end the year as one of the best teams in DII, great comeback by the players to honor their ailing coach, just too little too late

It appeared to me that DMA made the one mile walk down Boxwood Rd. from their school to Conrad. There was no obvious loss of energy as a result of the effort as they went on to take care of business in style.

Auks end the year as one of the best teams in DII, great comeback by the players to honor their ailing coach, just too little too late
Sorry about the coach but to say the AUKS ended as one one of the best teams in D2 is kind of silly

well, the really manhandled DMA and blew out a STE team that beat St. Marks, agreed their not at the St George level, but they can easily play with TH/Friends, even Howard now

well, the really manhandled DMA and blew out a STE team that beat St. Marks, agreed their not at the St George level, but they can easily play with TH/Friends, even Howard now

Well maybe but they are sitting home watching the play-offs in the weakest year I can remember in D2.. Cant be that good but if it helps you sleep better at night so be it,, Archmere is the most improved team in D2 if only they could have made the play-offs to prove it

Archmere has definitely improved over the season and IMO are better than probably at least 3-4 teams in the D2 playoffs. I'd take them over Friends, Tower Hill, and whoever gets in at 8 at least. They've played extremely well the 2nd half of season.

Those twin 38-30 losses to Howard and Tatnall hurt Archmere along with the that thunder and lightning-delayed special at Caravel. Those games go in the Auks' favor, we're talking an 8-2 with at least one home game. But, you know, if "if" was a fifth and the like.

Archmere loss to Tatnall cost them a playoff spot. Also lost to Howard, St. Marks and Caravel. They did finish as maybe the hottest team in DII but that's it.

Just me but I hate seeing 2 teams from the Indy conference in the playoffs . Especially when you don't play a 10 game schedule .

I do think DIAA should amend it to where you have to play 10 games to be eligible for the tournament, but looking at who Friends and Tower are seeded ahead of (Young Hodgson, Conrad/Archmere/Milford out), nobody really established themselves this year. Friends and Tower beat who was in front of them for the most part, cupcake or not, and until DIAA does some retooling, that's the name of the game.

I agree totally . Play a 10 game schedule or get penalized. Lots of teams would love to have a week off to get healthy.

Or play a tougher schedule .

I agree. I said on another thread. They don't play a real schedule.If anything they should allow them to qualify with points and reseat them according to resume. Last year the D2 championship was played in the first round. They need to do something.

Reactions: H-TownHitman
Absolutely no reason they can't play tougher schedules and 10 game seasons.... Quit playing out of state schools like Perkiomen, Sidwell Friends, etc. Don't play weak teams like Red Lion.... Friends at least played a solid Woodbridge team though but otherwise, terrible schedule.

I AGREE Archmere should be a play-off team.. Not top 4 in D2 though.., I also agree Indy teams playing weak schedules should be penalized... Common sense will tell you many of the D2 teams that don't make it in would stomp the Indy teams

Depending on the match-up, it might happen anyway. If Lake draws either Friends or Tower, it will be ugly for either one of those schools.

Be careful predicting blowouts with those Indy teams. My point isn't that they're bad but that they don't have to do much to qualify. Friends played very well last year in the playoffs . They beat Archmere and then battled Laurel.

Courtesy of Delaware On Line
>> Middletown 44
, Concord 21 final
>> St. Georges 44, Glasgow 0 final
>> Delaware Military Academy 39, Conrad 6 final
>> Hodgson 46, Brandywine 0 final
>> Archmere 46, St. Elizabeth 8 final
>> Tatnall 24, St. Andrew’s 22 final
>> William Penn 41, Delcastle 6 final

Brad MyersVerified account ‏@BradMyersTNJ 2m2 minutes ago
Middletown 44, Concord 21 FINAL. Coaches believe this will put Mount Pleasant in the D-I playoffs #delhs

I wouldn't put MT in the Mt Rushmore of D1 DE teams this year. . WP either.. its Sallies or Smyrna.. IMO
Wow Rooster your still not giving Penn any respect huh? Still gonna go off that early scrimmage thia year between Penn and Smyrna? Let me say you don't think Penn is over there place right now chomping at the bit for Smyrna ? Thats a revenge game for Penn and a game to show that scrimmage was a fluke . I see a rematch from week 8 Sallies vs Penn gonna be a great championship game .

Defens, you are right on target. If it plays out as it should Penn will get a chance to rebound against Smyrna. Bill Cole Field on a cold windy day may be challenging to Smyrna.

Reactions: DEFENSEREST
Wow Rooster your still not giving Penn any respect huh? Still gonna go off that early scrimmage thia year between Penn and Smyrna? Let me say you don't think Penn is over there place right now chomping at the bit for Smyrna ? Thats a revenge game for Penn and a game to show that scrimmage was a fluke . I see a rematch from week 8 Sallies vs Penn gonna be a great championship game .

What are you talking about respect? Its HS football not some street cred... WP went 13-0 last year and won D1 states.. Pretty sure there is much more respect than that... But HS football changes every year as the rosters change... I am not being disrespectful to last years WP team in my opinions this years Sals and Smyrna teams are better than this years WP... You talk like WP is some top program that produces top teams year in and year out...No they are like every other public that has certain classes of players when they make runs. Bottom line I dont think WP's D is disciplined enough nor has the coaches that know how to defend Smyrna's O... and it has zero to do with the scrimmage game. I still think WP is third in the state so that is really not that disrespectful..

Reactions: Jawnsky
Your funny RR I think you been drinking the cool aid in Smyrna too much. Penns defense is one or the top D in the state and yes they fumbled against Sallies but you are sadly mistaken Penn is definitely a top team if not a number 1 . Smyrna scores a bunch of points and leaves their starters in to make it look like they are killing teams and you wanna crown them really? As I said before Penn could have done that all year too but they have a lil more classs than to blow teams out like that. As far as their staff and coaches you are very mistaken you dont have a clue you are funny but only time will tell . Going to be very tough for Smyrna to play in the windy Bill Cole stadium .

Smyrna is usually up 25 or 30 points by halftime. How in the world is that leaving starters in to make the score look lopsided? You have had a burr in your saddle regarding Smyrna all season. I just don't get it. High school kids playing their version of a high school game. What is there to get so worked up about? Smyrna has exceeded their (and everyone else's) expectations this season and are in the process of enjoying the ride. Why does it bother you so much if someone roots for them? Now Cole stadium is the Bermuda triangle of stadiums lined with anti-Smyrna kryptonite somehow. Both teams will play in the same wind. Smyrna does have a ground game. Despite having two pups in the kennel, I care less about who wins than you do. I don't get it. You cringe every time Smyrna is mentioned. Regardless of how the season turns out, I hope whatever your issues are get resolved. You are still exaggerating about the time Smyrna starters stay in but if that make all right in your world, so be it.

No youjustme I dont hate on Smyrna they have a good team this year and deserve to be where they are . I just dont think they will beat Penn or Sallies thats all im saying . Also just dont think Penn gets the respect or credit they deserve . As for the point's Smyrna scores thats what they choose to do I personally dont think its right but thats just my opinion and I have seen the games yes they do leave their starters in and I was just saying Penn could have easily put up the same kind of points if they left their starters in as well. Its playoff time and let the games begin may the best teams win and get to the championship. I enjoy highschool football and look forward to the post season games .

Reactions: Jawnsky
I think you're selling CONCORD short when you keep calling them Conrad

DMA beats Conrad, I'm guessing that makes them the 2 seed. Guessing they'll play at Baynard next weekend, wondering if it would be day game or night game????
Wanted to make this comment and I will leave it at this, I have attended 100's of HS games over 30 years and Concord's PA announcer showed a very classless comment, I am a MT fan, I have no skin in the game just like to watch the home town boys play, but when he called a defensive tackle by Concord's #33 Byron Simpson and said that's the real # 33, personally I thought was classless and dig on MT #33, anybody the knows the program knows this kid has fought hard after breaking his leg week #2 to get back in the line up, his senior season, my guess he ate crow after MT win and #33 having a big game!

Last edited:
Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
Mobhits...thats almost funny that the PA announcer would say that. Its obvious that the announcer was way too much of a homer to call a game. Especially given that everyone expected Mtown to win that game, it really is a stupid comment after the fact. It maybe says a little bit about the program at the school that they would allow someone like that to broadcast. But i have heard worse to be honest. I would expect that the home team announcer would be routing for his team and be more emphatic regarding his team, but I would think the PA announcer would be a little less biased and professional than to take a dig at an opposing player. But these arent professional broadcasters. Its just some dude they got to call the game. He couldn't help himself but to make a crack about the big, bad Mtown team that came to town to whoop up on his team that he loves WAY TOO MUCH. But if i was you i would just take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Mobhits
the best is when the announcers do play by play LOL " and hes heading around the outside....." I forget where and what game. I think it was a MS or JV game but that was crazy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT