ADVERTISEMENT

Sat Scores

Mobhits...thats almost funny that the PA announcer would say that. Its obvious that the announcer was way too much of a homer to call a game. Especially given that everyone expected Mtown to win that game, it really is a stupid comment after the fact. It maybe says a little bit about the program at the school that they would allow someone like that to broadcast. But i have heard worse to be honest. I would expect that the home team announcer would be routing for his team and be more emphatic regarding his team, but I would think the PA announcer would be a little less biased and professional than to take a dig at an opposing player. But these arent professional broadcasters. Its just some dude they got to call the game. He couldn't help himself but to make a crack about the big, bad Mtown team that came to town to whoop up on his team that he loves WAY TOO MUCH. But if i was you i would just take it with a grain of salt.
No doubt the situation, no problem with announcers being bias towards home team, just thought it in bad taste to single out a player with a dig publicly, but in return when Datillo scored his third TD putting the game a way for MT, MT sidelines responded by saying that's the real #33 fitting I guess?

I really don't listen to the announcers that much, it is probably a good thing I don't too. Some of the things I have heard, have been pretty silly. As for a dig at an opposing player, that is uncalled for. Root and tell the people how wonderful your team is all night long, but please remember these are just kids.

I've been to hundreds of football games in my life and played in tons. Last week was the first time ever, the school(Milford) forgot about the national anthem.... They finally remember it at halftime. Like wtf, ridiculous.

I've been to hundreds of football games in my life and played in tons. Last week was the first time ever, the school(Milford) forgot about the national anthem.... They finally remember it at halftime. Like wtf, ridiculous.
Not exactly sure who was running that whole fiasco on Friday, but as they were lining up to kick off, everyone was like "Hey, what about the National Anthem?" I know they used to run the senior night stuff at halftime and have changed it to before the game. That's the only thing I can think of. The old "walk and chew gum at the same time" defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT