ADVERTISEMENT

The Inevitable: 12/3/16 Smyrna vs. Middletown

Uncle Bumfuzzled

D1AA Prospect
Sep 11, 2012
Both teams will be undefeated (11-0) on game day.

I believe the last time we had 2 undefeated teams in the D1 championship was when the Slowskys beat Sussex Central in 2006. It made for a rather festive atmosphere.

(Maybe I am wrong?!?)

Reactions: Eaglesdeefense
Can't believe you just put the jinx on them

Smyrna plays the Big S this weekend. Middletown plays the Big S the next weekend. After that each team has a clear shot at going undefeated in the regular season. Each would get a bye in the playoffs but then who knows? That's a lot of games.....

Reactions: Wolverine52
I believe both will take care of Sals.. Sals doesnt have the offensive fire power to handle either (just my opinion folks dont blow a cork over it) I believe the MT vs Smyrna is an inevitable match up and cant wait.. it will be epic

I feel like the one thing that is not in the Sals favor, is the fact that both those games are on the road. Middletown is already probably if not the hardest place to go into and win, and with the community that's behind Smyrna now, it wouldn't shock me if its just as hard there as well.

I feel like the one thing that is not in the Sals favor, is the fact that both those games are on the road. Middletown is already probably if not the hardest place to go into and win, and with the community that's behind Smyrna now, it wouldn't shock me if its just as hard there as well.
Smyrna is packing the house..at home and on the road.. they have the fever

Reactions: Jawnsky
Agree with RR don't see the Sals taking either down. But hey that's why you play the game.

The Slowskys are in for a tough 2 weeks....back to back games on the road against the best 2 teams in the state.

I have only seen one game but have reports on the CR game. The Slowskys receivers are too slow. They don't create enough space. No running back has the pop of like a Dominelli, Viscount or the Reeder's. Their defense isn't as rugged as in past years.
They should make it back the tournament and finish in the top 5 of the City Rankings. If they overachieve 7-3 but more than likely they are 6-4,

Reactions: spartakos
Salesianum is going to get beat down by both MT and Smyrna!
Going to be the worst 2 game stretch for the Sals in recent memory. It will not end their season as 5-5/6-4 can probably get them in based on strength of sked.
....As far as Cavs vs Eagles in the title game....not so fast! Sometimes the points system forces the 2 best teams to play a round 2 championship.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
If both teams run the table...nobody will have more points than them...(I think)? At best the the Slowskys would be 8-2 with 2 D2 schools on the schedule. Hell, the Bucs and Sparty might spank them this year..

Salesianum is going to get beat down by both MT and Smyrna!
Going to be the worst 2 game stretch for the Sals in recent memory. It will not end their season as 5-5/6-4 can probably get them in based on strength of sked.
....As far as Cavs vs Eagles in the title game....not so fast! Sometimes the points system forces the 2 best teams to play a round 2 championship.

Dude 60-26 holy hell they got thier ass kicked

I said it in preseason, but Leddie brown of Smyrna will be the OPOY this year.

Thought it would be between he, and his two start teamates.

Last night I saw him run back his second 90 plus kickoff return in as many weeks.

Cause two TD passes, and had two long runs, all in the first Qrt.

Reactions: spartakos
I said it in preseason, but Leddie brown of Smyrna will be the OPOY this year.

Thought it would be between he, and his two start teamates.

Last night I saw him run back his second 90 plus kickoff return in as many weeks.

Cause two TD passes, and had two long runs, all in the first Qrt.
He easily leads the team in TD's this season... Honey Eagles lol

Check Smyrna stats on MaxPreps page, pretty amazing. Leddie Brown appears to have a TD for more than 40% of touches thru three games.

Wow ... they probably shouldn't even bother playing the rest of the season . Nobody has a chance a winning the championship. Smyrna has a dynasty !!

Wow ... they probably shouldn't even bother playing the rest of the season . Nobody has a chance a winning the championship. Smyrna has a dynasty !!
This is what makes a forum bad,

He was simply throwing out a pretty good stat, and you come with this post that helps nothing.

Thought it was an interesting tidbit. Smyrna vs Middletown game should be a terrific contest.

Coming from ECA, the last two years has played seven (7) games vs top-0.3% HSFB teams (top-50 in US).

I would say they are both favorite. But season is still long. One big injury or a team gets better, Smyrna is a very good team but not a Dynasty Newark was a Dynasty 10 State Titles. Nothing like High School Football Season...

I would say they are both favorite. But season is still long. One big injury or a team gets better, Smyrna is a very good team but not a Dynasty Newark was a Dynasty 10 State Titles. Nothing like High School Football Season...

Maybe Smyrna is in the beginning stages of a dynasty...

Idk what their QB situation will look like next couple years but if you look at their starters/playmakers right now, they are all underclassmen, and that's after they lost a few of their starters/best WRs from last year. That tells you they have the ability reload like crazy.

The Smyrna School Supt. says they will not build another HS. That means Smyrna will pass William Penn and could have 3000 students by like 2025. Looks like they are going to be around for a while....

Idk what their QB situation will look like next couple years but if you look at their starters/playmakers right now, they are all underclassmen, and that's after they lost a few of their starters/best WRs from last year. That tells you they have the ability reload like crazy.
This is a good point.. Marks is employing the David Sills at Red Lion/ECA where Henderson doesnt leave the game regardless of score.. Not sure if this is because Smyrna doesn't have a back up or not ..Even if they don't I am sure any good QB will transfer there with that O after Hendo is gone.

To your other point in another post of Leddie winning OPOY.. not going to happen the guys in DIFCA are not going to vote for a SR ECA transfer.. Henderson will win that

This is a good point.. Marks is employing the David Sills at Red Lion/ECA where Henderson doesnt leave the game regardless of score.. Not sure if this is because Smyrna doesn't have a back up or not ..Even if they don't I am sure any good QB will transfer there with that O after Hendo is gone.

To your other point in another post of Leddie winning OPOY.. not going to happen the guys in DIFCA are not going to vote for a SR ECA transfer.. Henderson will win that
You mean Jr... but if it comes down to voting by a select group then you may be right, but also idk because at this pace of 3 TDs per game in 3 different ways, itd be pretty hard to deny it

Leddie is putting up hall of fame numbers, we can all agree to that. But you'd be amazed how easy it is to over look that. The proof is in what RR said. Just ask Pack from a few years back, or Henderson from last season. Nolan was snubbed by Harris. That's two that I can name off the back.

He not a private school type, certain people tried hard to get him there, and another private but wanted to go his own way.
He tried to get into Red Lion as a Freshman and couldn't get in.. He went to ECA when that happened..

You mean Jr... but if it comes down to voting by a select group then you may be right, but also idk because at this pace of 3 TDs per game in 3 different ways, itd be pretty hard to deny it
The OPOY's DPOY's are voted by the DIFCA Board and a couple of press writers votes... I think the coaches will vote him all state but there are some serious Red Lion/ECA haters on the DIFCA board... and Nolans numbers are sick as well.. and personally it should go to Nolan he has some of the best QB numbers this state has ever seen and he played his careeer here,, Doesnt take anything from Brown.. They made their choice to leave the state and go to ECA,, He will still have his offers and will most likely have a much more prolific carer in college.. But Nolan has been here and earned this IMHO

RR, not sure I'm understanding your post but..as I've posted previously, Nolan has played 5qtrs and a couple running clock series of handing the ball off in 3 games. Last year his early exits totaled 13qtrs. He's watched from the bench more than he's played this year and I challenge anyone to find a chip QB who spent as much time on the sidelines as he did last season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT