ADVERTISEMENT

2013 PREDICTIONS

Originally posted by Jule2211:
Vent my fustration im not fustrated, it just tiring to see teams that are not good be put up like they are good, it doesnt matter if they beat a tech school lacrosse in southern delaware is a joke. And not becuase the kids are not good. With so few private schools in the south and all the talents going to public schools and being so close to md these programs should be powerhouses. The reason i see they cant grow in skill is do to coaching. The youth programs in lower delaware are a joke, and the level of coaching between north and south is day and night its pretty embarrassing. Dont blame me just because im stating facts. Maybe you guys should go to other places and see how out of state programs are coached, well disciplined student athletes with a disciplined staff that set up appropriate planning every day for practice, and having good time management as well as leadership skills, something that has yet to be seen in on public school teams. Maybe once this happens they will start winning games and you guys can stop complaining about having multiple divisions.
Not that I agree with much Jule2211 says but there is a point I agree with... A perfect case example of a public school making the commitment and getting it done... Baltimore County public Hereford High School has an excellent Lax program.. actually they just beat Gilman (MIAA) last week and they have shown the last two years they can compete with those teams beating ST Pauls last year.. How did they do it.. The Hereford Zone youth LAX program is very good and the high school coaches are very involved... They have been able to develop a culture in which the kids will stay and go to Hereford rather than the MIAA schools..(dont get me wrong they llose some to those schools but not many). Thereis a huge sense of community pride in their program and schools as well so that really helps keep the players home.... This can be done anywhere it just takes a lot of commitment from a lot of folks... The Lax program followed the same path as Coach Turnbaugh did with the football program and both are very good even to the point parents will move into the Hereford Zone just so their kids can go there...

My point being all the strong public school programs have a strong rec/youth league feeder program behind it as well as a good coaches.. This is true for Severna Park, Hereford, Fallston etc... at least that is how it is in Md..

This post was edited on 4/6 6:04 PM by ravensrooster2

Sure coaching plays a part in how kids develop ..But so do economics as the money moves so does the talent..Used to be Annapolis and Severna park and a bit of Broadneck in AA Co. now as South AA Co. grows you see South River and Arundel leading the pack..Same is true in Balt.Co It was always Dulaney and Towson now looks like Hereford is moving up...By the way dose anyone know what a High School Coach makes?? Pennies for the amount of time that goes into it..

Originally posted by panther2superbee:

Sure coaching plays a part in how kids develop ..But so do economics as the money moves so does the talent..Used to be Annapolis and Severna park and a bit of Broadneck in AA Co. now as South AA Co. grows you see South River and Arundel leading the pack..Same is true in Balt.Co It was always Dulaney and Towson now looks like Hereford is moving up...By the way dose anyone know what a High School Coach makes?? Pennies for the amount of time that goes into it..
True.. Severna Park is still going pretty strong though... as for the coach... Yes his public school sallary sux but if they are good they can make a good amount running camps and clinics...

This post was edited on 4/6 6:20 PM by ravensrooster2

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT