ADVERTISEMENT

2017 BOLD PREDICTIONS

HSftballlaxFan

D1AA Prospect
Oct 4, 2008
1. Smyrna will lose AT LEAST 1 game before the season is over.
2. Sallies will Struggle to make the playoffs
3. There will be a new and yet surprising team added to the D1 Semi-final picture (last two years - Smyrna. William Penn, Middletown, and Salesianum)
4. Mtowns Drew Fry will not throw Double Digit interceptions.
5. After opting out of Flight A for competitive reasons, Wilmington Charer will still not win more than two games at most.
6. Division 2 title will go to a school not belonging in either Flight B nor Henlopen South.
7. There will be another Rock throwing incident.
8. A.i. Dupont will reach the playoffs for the first time since 2009.
9. Pickle and HS will meet pre game before Smyrna and Middletown for a nice cold one.
10. There will be no trolling during the 2017 season.

Let's keep them going shall we.....and try to make it something that well is "BOLD".

Last edited:
1) Will knight has 3k all purpose yards
2) Middletown struggles to replace Del Percio after most of their starters fail math and are kicked off the team. This prediction is contingent on the new coach not giving answers out to the players
3) Sallies has a new 22 year old freshman by the name of Roy Treeder that takes the state by storm
4) RR gets a crush on a new kid which leads to weird old guy jealousy which leads to obsessing over and critiquing every snap he takes now that Henderson is graduated. Actually, that's not bold. It's a certainty.

Last edited:
RR and Pickle will bury the hatchet and form a new motivational school for athletes from disadvantaged, but opulent backgrounds. However, problems will arise when Spartakos becomes jealous and attempts a hostile takeover. At this point, Bummy will swoop in and orchestrate to steal the school from all of them. Sadly, once Bummy reads the fine print of the paperwork, he will discover that he has obligated himself to rebuilding Baynard. Even worse, he has been placed in charge of the urinals. Finally, Potter will step in and complain that Bummy is taking work away from more deserving "locals" and have him removed. Bummy, will then author the accordion masterpiece "Baynard on my Mind" It will make millions of dollars and Bummy will ride off into the sunset with his close friend Johnny Ola.

Last edited:
RR and Pickle will bury the hatchet and form a new motivational school for athletes from disadvantaged, but opulent backgrounds. However, problems will arise when Spartakos becomes jealous and attempts a hostile takeover. At this point, Bummy will swoop in and orchestrate to steal the school from all of them. Sadly, once Bummy reads the fine print of the paperwork, he will discover that he has obligated himself to rebuilding Baynard. Even worse, he has been placed in charge of the urinals. Finally, Potter will step in and complain that Bummy is taking work away from more deserving "locals" and have him removed. Bummy, will then author the accordion masterpiece "Baynard on my Mind" It will make millions of dollars and Bummy will ride off into the sunset with his close friend Johnny Ola.

That was quality work. You have weaved Baynard, Bummy, urinals, accordions and Johnny Ola into one thread. Solid.

Bummy's Predictions
1. Slowskys have to forfeit season when it is discovered one of their starters is on Social Security.
2. Smyrna will win their 3rd straight title and Coach Judy will take his staff with him as they go to DelState and pull off a Joe Purzycki.
3. Middletown will rename the stadium in honor of Mark Delpercio.
4. Wilmington Charter will go winless and join the Silk Panty League.
5. Coach Tattersall will get a 15 year extension on his coaching contract.
6. Tower Hill will win the prestigious City Title.
7. Kreston Liquors will have their most profitable Fall in years as Sowsky alumni actually start drinking before the games.
8. There is a Red Clay announcement that Wilmington High will be reincarnated.

Bummy's Predictions
1. Slowskys have to forfeit season when it is discovered one of their starters is on Social Security.
2. Smyrna will win their 3rd straight title and Coach Judy will take his staff with him as they go to DelState and pull off a Joe Purzycki.
3. Middletown will rename the stadium in honor of Mark Delpercio.
4. Wilmington Charter will go winless and join the Silk Panty League.
5. Coach Tattersall will get a 15 year extension on his coaching contract.
6. Tower Hill will win the prestigious City Title.
7. Kreston Liquors will have their most profitable Fall in years as Sowsky alumni actually start drinking before the games.
8. There is a Red Clay announcement that Wilmington High will be reincarnated.
Item 1 is just silly
Item 2 is not going to happen as Judy is just another Chip, (the eagles coach)
Item 3 might happen, friends in low places
Item 4 give me 50 on that
Item 5 wish Salesianum would go around the corner and up the hill and get him
Item 6 give me 1000 on that
Item 7 see item 1 comment
Item 8 IT REALLY SHOULD HAPPEN

1) Leddie and Will leave Smyrna for St. F and Smyrna wins 5 games
2) Frye puts up amazing numbers but Middletown struggles
3) Dover wins 6+ games
4) St. Georges wins 6 games in first year flight A
5) Wilm Charter wins 2 games.
6) McKean finally makes division 2 playoffs
7) Glasgow goes from conference champ to either winless or 2 games.

Then not really bold statement but DMA destroys regular season, loses in 1st round of the playoffs.

1 A team from the Hen North not named Smyrna will win D1 chip
2. D2 chip will be Diamond State vs SPL
3. There will be a streaker at one of the Middletown games and Pickle is accused
4. RR2 will lose interest in DELHS football
5. Bummy becomes Sallies biggest fan..after they finally make his predictions correct
6. Nelson stays at CA after strong showing in the baseball tournament
7. No teams will benefit from ECA closing
8. No one will replace the wheels on the Dragon Wagon
9 Sparty will post pic so obscene Disney has his IP address identified and has him arrested
10. Middletown should have hired Coach Marks instead of succumbing to outside pressures to go internally and remain status quo.. Elevating the O Line coach to OC does not sit well.. mass exodus and discontent is eminent

Last edited:
1) Charter will win 4 (First State, McKean, Red Lion, Conrad)
2) Glasgow will again be an 8-10 win team but lose in the first round due to them again this year having a soft schedule like DMA.
3) St. Mark’s will finish as the top seed of D2 playoffs
4) Concord and/or Sallies will miss playoffs with 6-4 or 5-5 record
5) St. George’s will make playoffs at 7-3
6) Smyrna will start the year 0-2
7) AI Dupont and Mount will go back down and again be a .500 or below team.
8) Brandywine have its first winning record since 2007 and will make first playoff appearance since I believe 2005
9) Div 1 Playoffs will consist of (Middletown, Penn, Smyrna, Cape, Sussex Tech, St. Georges)
10) Div 2 Playoffs will consist of (St. Mark’s, Archmere, DMA, Delmar, Friends, Glasgow, Howard, Brandywine)

1 A team from the Hen North not named Smyrna will win D1 chip
2. D2 chip will be Diamond State vs SPL
3. There will be a streaker at one of the Middletown games and Pickle is accused
4. RR2 will lose interest in DELHS football
5. Bummy becomes Sallies biggest fan..after they finally make his predictions correct
6. Nelson stays at CA after strong showing in the baseball tournament
7. No teams will benefit from ECA closing
8. No one will replace the wheels on the Dragon Wagon
9 Sparty will post pic so obscene Disney has his IP address identified and has him arrested
10. Middletown should have hired Coach Marks instead of succumbing to outside pressures to go internally and remain status quo.. Elevating the O Line coach to OC does not sit well.. mass exodus and discontent is eminent

Who other than smyrna from HN would be contending? Tech? Cape? I'm not convinced smyrna wins again with the losses of Henderson and the kid that transfers every year but I don't think a henlopen team other than SMY wins it...

Not going to be CR shit storm going on there ..Dover or others could benefit from school choice ..just saying

Who other than smyrna from HN would be contending? Tech? Cape? I'm not convinced smyrna wins again with the losses of Henderson and the kid that transfers every year but I don't think a henlopen team other than SMY wins it...

LB4 every year? Only transferred this year as far as I know.. Well he tried to get into Red Lion and was denied.. Don't know where he went freshman year then transferred to ECA Reclassified there played two years then transferred to Smyrna JR yr,, Now that I think about it he has to go to St Frances as his 4 years would be done in DE

Unfortunately I agree,, the football program has been rough these last couple of years, this team will be competitive though. Don't believe we will win the Henlopen north but there are some bright spots on the roster

Unfortunately I agree,, the football program has been rough these last couple of years, this team will be competitive though. Don't believe we will win the Henlopen north but there are some bright spots on the roster

Not trying to be a downer but word is those bright spots are looking elsewhere

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
- St. Georges makes the D1 playoffs and wins at least one game
- McKean does in fact make the D2 playoffs
- Middletown gets revenge on Smyrna in the Harvest Bowl rebirth AND caps the season sweep in the D1 title game
- First State Military goes 5-4 their first varsity year (wins I see on their schedule: Seaford, Red Lion, Wilmington Charter, North East and St. Andrew's)
- St. Mark's runs the table in the regular season, gets to the D2 semifinals at least.
- Howard wins Flight B which will be more competitive (for that level, anyway) than most think. Don't be surprised if Flight B's playoff teams are Howard, McKean and Brandywine.
- Will Knight cracks 4000 total yards (playoffs included)
- Laurel wins the Henlopen South going away
- D1 playoffs: Middletown, Smyrna, Dover, St. Georges, Sallies, Penn
- D2 playoffs: St. Mark's, Howard, DMA, Laurel, Archmere, McKean, Friends, Delmar

Last edited:
haha No way In Hell FSMA wins a game let alone 5 .. hey but that is bold!

Last edited:
LB4 every year? Only transferred this year as far as I know.. Well he tried to get into Red Lion and was denied.. Don't know where he went freshman year then transferred to ECA Reclassified there played two years then transferred to Smyrna JR yr,, Now that I think about it he has to go to St Frances as his 4 years would be done in DE

He never reclassified and Smyrna was his second HS only because ECA folded. Do not know his exact age but most HS across the country have the same age restrictions so if he did go to another school because of his age it would be a school with combination HS/post grad,to simpletons it may seem like he is much older since he started gain recognition in March 2013 on the 7th grade Wilmington Soldier team.

FSMA winning 5 games is not only bold it is down right crazy along with McKean in the playoffs. That one is suicidal and St. Marks is not beating Sallies.

He never reclassified and Smyrna was his second HS only because ECA folded. Do not know his exact age but most HS across the country have the same age restrictions so if he did go to another school because of his age it would be a school with combination HS/post grad,to simpletons it may seem like he is much older since he started gain recognition in March 2013 on the 7th grade Wilmington Soldier team.
When my Son was a a rising 10th grader LB4 tried to get into Red Lion as a rising Freshman.. He didn't get in so and I have no idea what he did from there.. but my son graduated 2015 so if he did go to HS then he should have graduated 2016 unless he repeated 8th grade,, Typically across the country you can't turn 19 before Aug 1st. In Delaware its Mid June I believe

Last edited:
Brown Didn't reclass...

He started RB for them as a freshman in 2014 (Texas Trip, Sills Last Season), Soph in 2015, Then Jr in 2016, Will be a senior this coming season

When my Son was a a rising 10th grader LB4 tried to get into Red Lion as a rising Freshman.. He didn't get in so and I have no idea what he did from there.. but my son graduated 2015 so if he did go to HS then he should have graduated 2016 unless he repeated 8th grade,, Typically across the country you can't turn 19 before Aug 1st. In Delaware its Mid June I believe
He JUST turned 18

I think for the most part it's June in DE but there's a loophole called the Reeder rule and if you go to Sallies you can be 30 entering your senior year

Reactions: 84rider

Red Lion has a lower and upper school. Upper school is and has been 6th through 12th grade. Brown was trying to get in so he would already be at the school before the whole ECA move because he was working with Flash.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT