ADVERTISEMENT

2017 BOLD PREDICTIONS

FSMA winning 5 games is not only bold it is down right crazy along with McKean in the playoffs. That one is suicidal and St. Marks is not beating Sallies.

Yeah I definitely don't see FSMA winning 5 games and McKean in the playoffs? Don't see either of these happening.

Red Lion has a lower and upper school. Upper school is and has been 6th through 12th grade. Brown was trying to get in so he would already be at the school before the whole ECA move because he was working with Flash.

Never said he reclassified while in HS,, The Summer of 2011 after playing with the 8th grade Wilmington Soldiers he was a rising freshman who even played 7on7 with Red Lion at the Mel Kiper HS tourney. Only he did't get into Red Lion along with another Soldiers player.. I don't know where either them went to school or if they did at all but both went to ECA mid school year when the kids left RLCA... The next football season was the 2012 when ECA's schedule was truncated but they did play 2 HS games and then they reclassified most of the kids. I do know he was listed as a Freshman on ECA's 2014 roster but we also know ECA made the kids whatever class they wanted to.. Maybe I am thinking of a different Soldiers RB he was #22 right?

Last edited:
oh crap my apologies.. I was confused the kid was Watts not LB4..

idiot.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
Never said he reclassified while in HS,, The Summer of 2011 after playing with the 8th grade Wilmington Soldiers he was a rising freshman who even played 7on7 with Red Lion at the Mel Kiper HS tourney. Only he did't get into Red Lion along with another Soldiers player.. I don't know where either them went to school or if they did at all but both went to ECA mid school year when the kids left RLCA... The next football season was the 2012 when ECA's schedule was truncated but they did play 2 HS games and then they reclassified most of the kids. I do know he was listed as a Freshman on ECA's 2014 roster but we also know ECA made the kids whatever class they wanted to.. Maybe I am thinking of a different Soldiers RB he was #22 right?
My son played youth football against him at MOT, worked out with him at FLASH and while they were the same age (Leddie just turned 18), he was always a grade behind my son. My son graduates this year.

My son played youth football against him at MOT, worked out with him at FLASH and while they were the same age (Leddie just turned 18), he was always a grade behind my son. My son graduates this year.
yeah I was confusing him and Watts... My memory is starting to fail me..getting old sucks lol

I pointed that out because you said "Don't know where he went freshman year then transferred to ECA Reclassified there played two years then transferred to Smyrna JR yr" but it is all good. LB was #4 with the Soldiers not sure if you are thinking of someone else of Marshawn Llyod who now plays at Dematha. He wore #2 for the Soldiers but that was after LB.

I pointed that out because you said "Don't know where he went freshman year then transferred to ECA Reclassified there played two years then transferred to Smyrna JR yr" but it is all good. LB was #4 with the Soldiers not sure if you are thinking of someone else of Marshawn Llyod who now plays at Dematha. He wore #2 for the Soldiers but that was after LB.
We need Marshawn Lloyd to come back to Middletown. Whitehead and Lloyd could rival Smyrna's backfield.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Today's Bold Prediction
After 2 years of dominance area defensive coordinators finally wise up and begin slowing Smyrna's offense down this year by making them a passing team. Offense goes from 50+ ppg to 28 ppg

1. Woodbridge still is number one with 7 and 8 starters from their defense and offense returning. Kane, Haynes, Massey, Keller, Brewer, Propes and etc.

2. Wilmington Friends especially if the have the transfer from Caravel.
3. Milford with Bowman
4. DMA
5. Howard
6. Caravel
7. Mount Pleasant
8. Delmar/ Lake/ Laurel

Downstate wins again!

Last edited:
The rumors about Knight leaving smyrna are extremely false. The rumors regarding Brown leaving smyrna are very real though.

How bout this for a bold prediction... Smyrna loses the first matchup with Mtown but wins the second matchup in the chip. Smyrna is superior in coaching IMO and would make necessary adjustments. Also new smyrna QB will have time to mature in that offense over the course of the season.

How bout this for a bold prediction... Smyrna loses the first matchup with Mtown but wins the second matchup in the chip. Smyrna is superior in coaching IMO and would make necessary adjustments. Also new smyrna QB will have time to mature in that offense over the course of the season.

I could agree with this and see actually happening.

Anyone who's anyone knows how hard it is to play at Middletown yet alone win there so I give that game to the home team. After 11 games, Smyrna could wind up being superior and take a 3rd title back home, but no matter how good the Glasgow transfer thinks he is, I don't see him being the best QB playing next season, nor the 2nd or 3rd.

He's going to be a game manager, Knight and the front lines are going to be what gets them where they need to go.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
If Wilson struggles they go Earthquake. Good luck stopping that. My Cavs couldn't in the ship last year. Hope we make an adjustment unlike last year.

I could agree with this and see actually happening.

Anyone who's anyone knows how hard it is to play at Middletown yet alone win there so I give that game to the home team. After 11 games, Smyrna could wind up being superior and take a 3rd title back home, but no matter how good the Glasgow transfer thinks he is, I don't see him being the best QB playing next season, nor the 2nd or 3rd.

He's going to be a game manager, Knight and the front lines are going to be what gets them where they need to go.
With Knight and that line, that's all he needs to be. If he gets into trying to do too much, he could get into some trouble. With the loss of Henderson and possibly Brown, the large gap between Smyrna & Mtown decreases tremendously.

If Wilson struggles they go Earthquake. Good luck stopping that. My Cavs couldn't in the ship last year. Hope we make an adjustment unlike last year.
No team had an answer for Smyrna's Earthquake last year. Look for teams to be better prepared for it this year. The scary part about this is I'm sure smyrna staff will come out with even more looks and plays off of this formation

I think Wilson will be good. He's going to be throwing to a lot of open receivers with that system and Knight in the backfield.

Plus one area I think he may improve on is actually keeping the ball on the read option. Nolan was a great runner and I love the kid but my impression was that he didn't really want to keep it too much....and definitely didn't like getting hit when he did. Granted a lot of hits came out of bounds but still. Maybe Wilson will be more willing to run it and add another dimension.

Middletown is returning a lot of people though. Big losses are the coach (for coaching as well as test cheating reasons) and his baby boy

When you have Knight and Brown in the same backfield as you, I'd recommend giving it as much as possible as well lol. If brown is in fact gone, I believe you are right and Wilson will keep it more as teams will be more focused on Knight. Regardless it'll be a new look Smyrna squad.

I think Wilson will be good. He's going to be throwing to a lot of open receivers with that system and Knight in the backfield.

Plus one area I think he may improve on is actually keeping the ball on the read option. Nolan was a great runner and I love the kid but my impression was that he didn't really want to keep it too much....and definitely didn't like getting hit when he did. Granted a lot of hits came out of bounds but still. Maybe Wilson will be more willing to run it and add another dimension.

Middletown is returning a lot of people though. Big losses are the coach (for coaching as well as test cheating reasons) and his baby boy
Cavs lose only player on the line with size in two way all-state lineman of the year Caleb Weatherford.

Sallies returns to the top

Whittlesey (returns) anchors the defense and leads the team back to glory in his senior year.

Eye.....who does Sallies have that's leading the backfeild? They couldn't do much with the run game last year and had to put Patrick in (who should have been in from the start) but by the 2nd and 3rd qts he was gassed. He wasn't much of a favtor late in the games.

Any new up and coming kids that we don't know if yet? Because at the moment, sallies doesn't worry me too much. Which is weird to say imo

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Today's bold prediction
Mtown fixes the mistakes they made in championship and beats Smyrna 2x next season.

They may fix some of their on-field mistakes but will undoubtedly make more classroom mistakes without a coach giving them test answers. My prediction is Middletown wins game 1 and then loses in the state semis to Concord after most of their players fail off. You heard it here first.

Brown Is Gone, all but confirmed...

Question is tho, how good will knight be by himself AND without the best passing threat in the state ?

He'll be the Will Knight of 2015, which was good enough to win a state championship then and it'll be plenty good enough now. Still think Middletown has a better shot at Smyrna without Brown and Henderson in the picture.

Anybody know what the current level of interest colleges have for Knight. I know its still early but the UD recruiting board shows him with only one offer to date and that from Morgan State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT