ADVERTISEMENT

2018 POY?

Don’t count Matthews out yet, my pick would be Hyland but time will tell

Let’s see what their body of work looks like. Parker, Matthews, Davis, Hyland will all be in contention. Strength of schedule, tourney run, etc...all 4 should be 1st team all-state.

Reactions: jvm3
If Parker does the same thing he did last year and has a strong tourney run. Don't see how he doesn't get it.
If Smyrna repeats than Matthews also possible candidate.
Davis is by far the best player in DE, but his grade they like giving it to seniors.

Reactions: pitt8179
I like Hyland or Parker for poy. Davis doesn’t defend at all, he’s a gd scorer but it stops there. Did anybody see Caravel vs Sanford at the bob? Jyaire will go to a bigger school due to size and a gd kid. I feel right now there are multiple kids that are better b-ball players

Let’s not forget about one of the best pg’s in the state F.Ali from Mt. if they make the playoffs and have a deep tourney run without Kramer imo he has to be in consideration
Considered? Maybe. But he's not at the level of the other players already mentioned.

No love for " Big E " ( Robertson ) at Cape he's averaging 24.6 per game in 3 games and 2 of them vs top 5 teams. Not sure on the boards but I'd guess 15 +/- per. So averaging 25 and 15 should get you in the convo unless your below the canal where basketball doesn't exist in Delaware????????

He’s better than a lot of the players mentioned
escpecially if we’re going off of body of work and not a popularity contest

So far Parker, Davis, Hyland, Robertson and Mathews have been mentioned before Ali. You are saying he is better than a lot of them...which ones do you think?

Any updates from the tournament Mt is playing in, looks like they played archbishop Carroll last night, rambler tip off classic in DC

Reactions: Legendary_Coach
So far Parker, Davis, Hyland, Robertson and Mathews have been mentioned before Ali. You are saying he is better than a lot of them...which ones do you think?
If he thinks Ali is better than those players, well, he's exposed himself.

Reactions: jvm3
You guys will see how underrated he is and how effective he is now that Mt has to lean on him more let’s be honest player of the year Suppose to go to the player that plays defense and offense also makes his team better and lead the team to a winning season perhaps chip I can see him doing that because he has a better basketball IQ than everybody up there you guys named

No love for " Big E " ( Robertson ) at Cape he's averaging 24.6 per game in 3 games and 2 of them vs top 5 teams. Not sure on the boards but I'd guess 15 +/- per. So averaging 25 and 15 should get you in the convo unless your below the canal where basketball doesn't exist in Delaware????????

24.7pt, 11.0rb, 3.0ast, 2.7stl, 2.7rb, 55% fg, 86% ft
Let’s not forget about one of the best pg’s in the state F.Ali from Mt. if they make the playoffs and have a deep tourney run without Kramer imo he has to be in consideration

Reactions: urbaseballdaddy
IMO Ali is probably the best PG in DE. However I don’t see him dominating a game like some of the other players. Parker is a pure scorer and can fill it up as good as anyone. Hyland and Matthews are high level scorers, best shooters in the state and create for their teammates. Davis no doubt is the highest level prospect of the bunch and can pretty much do everything. Robertson is talented and exposed a matchup vs. Sanford’s big. How does he do against a quicker defender I’m not sure. Ali and Robertson are great pieces that rely on their teams to either get them the ball (Robertson) or finish after a great pass (Ali)

I see both battling for a spot on 1st Team All State

I’ll stick with my original 4 POY picks - Bones, Matthews, Davis and O’Koye but will wait to see how they lead their teams.

IMO Ali is probably the best PG in DE. However I don’t see him dominating a game like some of the other players. Parker is a pure scorer and can fill it up as good as anyone. Hyland and Matthews are high level scorers, best shooters in the state and create for their teammates. Davis no doubt is the highest level prospect of the bunch and can pretty much do everything. Robertson is talented and exposed a matchup vs. Sanford’s big. How does he do against a quicker defender I’m not sure. Ali and Robertson are great pieces that rely on their teams to either get them the ball (Robertson) or finish after a great pass (Ali)

I see both battling for a spot on 1st Team All State

I’ll stick with my original 4 POY picks - Bones, Matthews, Davis and O’Koye but will wait to see how they lead their teams.
Crazy part Robertson get to play all of your allstate picks....1and 1 versus Smryna and Sanford... Play Caravel at Slam Dunk to the beach and St. Georges at Cape... He will have his chance against all 4 of them... Time will tell... Rickards will have a shot too at first team allstate...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT