ADVERTISEMENT

2019 schedules and games needed

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
This post will be a work in progress when I have time at work to add to it

Hen North (only going to list OOC games)

SC- La Plata (MD), Southern HS(MD), IR
Dover- HVT, Sals, Northeast (AA MD)
Smyrna- Mtown, Glenelg (MD), Sals
CR- Appo, Caravel, Mtown
Tech- Northern (MD) Coolige (DC), Penn
Cape-St G, Penn, DMA
Poly-Lake, IR, Laurel
Milford-IR, DMA, Lake

Last edited:
Hen South-

Delmar- St Marys(MD), Parkside(MD), Q Annes (MD), Easton(MD), Friends

Woodbridge- Caravel, Rock Ridge (VA), Friends, Concord, Archmere

Laurel- Bwine, Howard, Caravel, Poly, St E's

Lake- Poly, Tatnall, Newark, Friends, Milford

IR- Milf, Poly, AI, St E's, Central

Seaford- Mid Township (NJ), FSMA, St Andrews, Washington(MD), Red Lion

Last edited:
Again the issue with the Henelopen Conference is they release their schedules out weeks after the Blue Hen Conference releases their schedules. This is horrible that this continues and schools have to fight and wait to fill their schedules. Then they have no choice but to play out of state teams after the Blue Hen fills their schedules.

Flight A - Sals sucked up 5 of the Flight A games available

Mtown- Smyrna, CR, Sals,
HVT- Dover, Howard, Sals
St G- Cape, Caravel, Sals,
Appo- CR, Sals, St Marks
Penn- Sals, Cape, Tech
Delcastle- TH, Mckean, Christiana
Concord- Howard, Woodbridge, Caravel
Mt P- Archmere, Newark, Glasgow

Flight B

Newark- Mt P, Lake,St Marks
AI- Friends, IR Charter
Howard-Concord, laurel, HVT
Bwine- Laurel, Charter, Conrad
McKean-Tatnall, Red Lion, Delcastle
Dickinson- Pitman (NJ), FSMA, Red Lion
Glasgow- Newark, Caravel, St Marks
Christiana-St E's, TH, Delcastle

Last edited:
Again the issue with the Henelopen Conference is they release their schedules out weeks after the Blue Hen Conference releases their schedules. This is horrible that this continues and schools have to fight and wait to fill their schedules. Then they have no choice but to play out of state teams after the Blue Hen fills their schedules.

They should hold out Blue Hen not done.. They havent made the changes for Mt P and Newark swap but I assume each will just assume the others schedule but there may be an opening or 2

Last edited:
Non Conference

Sallies- Penn, Dover, Appo, Smyrna, Episcopal Academy (PA), Mastery Charter North (PA), St G, HVT, Mtown, St Marks

St Marks- Conrad, St E's, Charter, Archmere, Appo , Mt P, DMA, Kennett(PA), Glasgow, Sals

Caravel- Woodbridge, CR, Laurel, St G, Glasgow, St Andrews, Concord, Silver Oak(MD), DMA, St E's

Last edited:
Indy

Friends- AI, Sidwell Friends (DC), Woodbridge, Lake, Delmar, need week 9, New Church(PA),

Tower Hill- Delcastle, Charter, St E's, Red Lion, Pennington (NJ), Christiana, needs week 9

Tatnall- McKean, Lake, needs week 3, Archmere, Conrad, St E's, Charter, FSMA

St Andrews- Red Lion, Seaford, George(PA), FSMA, Caravel, Conrad

Last edited:
DSC

DMA- Milford, St E's, Cape, St Marks, Caravel
Archmere- Newark, Tatnall, St Marks, Woodbridge, St E's
Conrad- St Marks, Tatnall, Bwine, St E's, St Andrews
Red Lion- St Andrews, TH, Mckean, Dickinson, Seaford
FSMA- Red Lion, Seaford, Dickinson, need week 8, Tatnall
Charter- TH, St Marks, Bwine, AI, Tatnall

Open weeks to fill

SC- 1 and 2
Dover- 3
Smyrna- 2
Tech- 1 and 2
WB- 2
Newark-8
Dickinson-1
Sals 5 and 6
Friends 5 and 9
TH- 9
FSMA- 8

Last edited:
Sals v Friends? clash of 2018 runner ups

WB v SC? clash of 2018 champions

Last edited:
Indy

Friends- AI, Sidwell Friends (DC), Woodbridge, Lake, need weeks 5 and 9, New Church(PA),

Tower Hill- Delcastle, Charter, St E's, Red Lion, George (PA), Christiana, needs week 9

Tatnall- McKean, Lake, needs week 3, Archmere, Conrad, St E's, Charter, FSMA

St Andrews- Red Lion, Seaford, George(PA), FSMA, Caravel, Conrad

Rumor is St. E's dropped Friends for "running up" score this year. As I recall, once the game got to running clock, Friends put in as many 2nd teamers as they could (given that they only had 27 guys on their roster), its hard to sub everyone out and Friends didn't even score in the 2nd half. Can't hardly call that running up the score. I guess St. E's wanted Friends to start subbing after the first quarter.

Slightly OT but since you mentioned St E's, I would be concerned that St E's did not play a JV schedule this year. Looks like they had enough players to field one. Not sure if that was a strategic thing by Dooley.

Talking about old school - Episcopal Academy was founded in 1785. That was actually after the Revolution but before we elected Washington our first president. Jesus, that is old school. They are actually older than our country as the Constitutional Convention was in 1787....and GW's first term started in 1789.

I guess it has to be another out of state bus trip for the Big S. That is for their open date.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I think Smyrna could have gotten a better game than Chester. That's like them deciding to play Seaford.

Playoff Points, thats all that's for.

And I tip my cap to the Sals, scheduling Episcopal after having just lost to them this year. I thought they would have trie for someone else. But good for them.

That is a trend with this team. Over the years, I have yet to see a Sallies team duck anyone on their schedule. They are always playing the top teams in the state and some of the good teams out of state. And the last thing they will do is use it as an excuse as to why they miss the playoffs. Commendable! Some schools need to start taking notes.

Last edited:
Reactions: FootballguyDE
Scheduling Chester is always a risk as they fold allot but at least its week 2 so they should be ok as far as playing the game

Tech adds Northern (MD) Newark and Mt P schedule switch complete.. all changes have been made in the schedules above

Open weeks to fill
SC- 1 and 2
Dover- 3
Tech- 2
WB- 2
Dickinson-1
Sals- 6
Friends 5 and 9
TH- 9
FSMA- 8

Dickinson adds Pitman (NJ) Week 1
Dover adds Northeast (AA) (MD) Week 3

Open weeks to fill
SC- 1 and 2
Tech- 2
WB- 2
Sals- 6
Friends 5 and 9
TH- 9
FSMA- 8

Woodbridge adds Rock Ridge (VA) easy D1 points win for WB. RR stinks lol

Open weeks to fill
SC- 1 and 2
Tech- 2
Sals- 6
Friends 5 and 9
TH- 9
FSMA- 8

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Just Northern VA around DC.. I follow Delmarva and some PA/NJ.. I just know about Rock Ridge because its a pretty new school , nice facilities also but right smack dab next to Dulles International Airport.. WB coaches gonna have to keep the kids from getting distracted by the planes coming in and out lol

Last edited:
26167920._SX540_.jpg

WB is going to need all of the D1 points this upcoming year. Losing a lot of talent. Guess they didn't want to see any of the Henny Northern teams this year.

Sallies adds Mastery Charter North (Philadelphia, PA) o_O

Open weeks to fill
SC- 1 and 2
Tech- 2
Friends 5 and 9
TH- 9
FSMA- 8

My sense is this is a D2 opponent. If so, why? They already have Episcopal and St. Mark's. Bummy doesn't understand....

Bummy I think Mastery Charter has a few HS campuses in and around Philly and the kids all play on the one sports team.. You would have to find the enrollment of all the campuses and total them.. good luck with that.. so I have no idea if D1 or 2

I do know the game will be a lay-up for Sals.. They play most their games at the Germantown Supersite .. there is a football stadium there Ben Johnston Memorial Stadium I believe.. Sals played there a few years back vs MLK HS

Last edited:
My sense is this is a D2 opponent. If so, why? They already have Episcopal and St. Mark's. Bummy doesn't understand....

I believe Episcopal may be D1 now... their enrollment teeters on the cut of the line for us every year.. but they should be over this year with our cut off number dropping to 1045

Last edited:
Mastery is classified AAAAA through PIAA.. Male enrollment 342-516 ( only 9-11)

That should put them firmly at D1 ..

They are what PIAA calls a CO-OP

Host- Pickett Mastery Charter
co-op- Shoemaker Mastery, Hardy Williams High, Mastery Charter, Thomas Mastery Charter and Lenfest Mastery Charter

so you add all the enrollments up from those schools for classification

just by the numbers the minimum AAAAA 342 boys grades 9-11. double 342 to include girls 684 and add in 12th graders 228 ave 912.. but that is at the minimum

I am pretty confident in saying Mastery will be considered D1 as well as Episcopal making St Marks the only D2 team on Sals schedule

Reactions: Chesdel
Just Northern VA around DC.. I follow Delmarva and some PA/NJ.. I just know about Rock Ridge because its a pretty new school , nice facilitates also but right smack dab next to Dulles International Airport.. WB coaches gonna have to keep the kids from getting distracted by the planes coming in and out lol

One of the playoff games I played in High School was in Los Angles, right in the landing pattern for LAX. There was a plane coming over almost every minute at probably 500 ft all game. It was awful. I don't know how the students and teachers dealt with it all day.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Sussex Tech picks up Paul Lawrence Dunbar high in Baltimore week 2

WOW.. Tech schedules a D2 loss.o_O.. Dunbar isn't quite what they were a few years ago (ST Frances snatching up the kids they used to get) but they are in the 1A ship every year.. Going to be a very tough game for Tech

Are you sure its the Baltimore PL Dunbar and not DC? The Baltimore Dunbar just goes by Dunbar and the DC one goes by Paul Lawrence Dunbar typically

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT