ADVERTISEMENT

2019 schedules and games needed

WOW.. Tech schedules a D2 loss.o_O.. Dunbar isn't quite what they were a few years ago (ST Frances snatching up the kids they used to get) but they are in the 1A ship every year.. Going to be a very tough game for Tech

Are you sure its the Baltimore PL Dunbar and not DC?
we shall see and I’m pretty sure, my brother is the QB...said it’s Tavon Austin’s old high school it’s at Tech too btw

I really think that you guys are underestimating Woodbridge. I know that this will be Jed's first go at it, but I believe the program will sustain him. There is a reason he has been chosen to lead the way, he has a mind for the game. Plus, he paid me $20 to post this.

Tech fills schedule @ Calvin Coolige, Washington DC.. 6 away 4 home for Tech. Easy D2 win for Tech wont be any bonus from Coolige though they are terrible and can barely field a team. Only like 300 students in the school and half are academically ineligible. Talk about your poor performing schools .. yipes

http://profiles.dcps.dc.gov/Coolidge+High+School

Open weeks to fill
SC- 1 and 2
Friends 5 and 9
TH- 9
FSMA- 8
Delmar-5

Last edited:
Still find it hard to believe that Delmar and friends cant get together and play week 5!

friends has only 8 games!!!!! either way they will be uneven if they add 1. Makes no sense

friends has only 8 games!!!!! either way they will be uneven if they add 1. Makes no sense

For Friends its probably about travel as I don't think they even charge admission or have concessions. They already travel to DC a couple weeks before. For Delmar and the money home games bring in there I doubt they would be willing to give up a 5th home game and lose that gate and concessions. That money is probably already budgeted in.

Middletown agrees to travel up to NJ to scrimmage Group 1 State Champions Penns Grove.

Not a game but some football news

Hello, my name is Coach Magic, scheduling coordinator for St. Frances Academy in Baltimore. We are looking for Varsity football games for our Varsity B team. We have a no cut rule and have a lot of under classmen who love the game but probably won't see significant playing time now that our Varsity A team will be playing a pretty tough independent schedule. Was wondering if any guys may have any openings on their schedule and if so could we possibly schedule a game.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks in advance

PS. Contact info on those that have open dates would be appreciated

Delmar has played St. frances in the past and it was a horrible experience. Delmar was winning 35-0 in the 3rd and St. frances just quit, yes they just quit. they had 4 players ejected from the game, one of their so called super star lineman was punching one of the Delmar players like 7 times on the ground (pretty sure he was arrested after the game). 3 of the Delmar parents had their cars broken into (smashed windows). police had to be called to the game because it was not safe for the delmar players to leave the field because of the st frances parents were so irate. so no, I do not think any team from delaware will be going to Patterson park anytime soon. go try another site....

Your probably barking up the wrong tree here in DE. Even if the DIAA would sanction the game(which I doubt they will) our point system and rules would have too much penalties for anyone to take the game. How many games do you have scheduled? If not at least 8 no one will play you because the game wont count for any points nor do I think playing a B team would count as a Varsity game here anyway.

Last edited:
Central adds Rising Sun (MD) @ Rising Sun week 1 (enrollment 1171)

Open weeks to fill
SC- 2
Friends 5 and 9
TH- 9
FSMA- 8
Delmar-5

Last edited:
Glenelg, MD is looking for week 2 willing to sign home and home don't think Central or Tech is up to that challenge lol one of them should take it though Glenelg enrollment 1198 . Lost to Oakdale in the 2A finals last year 35-7

We are looking for a Week 2 home game on Friday 9/13 or Saturday 9/14/19. We will travel to you in 2020. Contact me (AAM) at daniel_sageman@hcpss.org.

Last edited:
Man what the hell are the AD’s at Caravel and Sussex Tech smoking?

Do they not want to go to,the playoffs?

Why do you say that?

I was thinking the same thing how does Caravel factor in? lol maybe he meant Central. Rising Sun is a good get for Central IMO. D1 team they should beat. RS won 7 last year so there is a chance at a bonus point as well. I do agree with him on Tech playing Coolige though ughh! leee

Last edited:
Man what the hell are the AD’s at Caravel and Sussex Tech smoking?

Do they not want to go to,the playoffs?

Caravel was 5-5 with a very young team last year, they'll be quite alright.

Flight B gets its champion in and that might it, I see two teams from Henny South tops, Tower and Friends from SPL and whoever the DSC champ is (probably Archmere), so that's two spots available. St. Mark's ain't makin it. St. E might be another year away.

I was thinking the same thing how does Caravel factor in? lol maybe he meant Central. Rising Sun is a good get for Central IMO. D1 team they should beat. RS won 7 last year so there is a chance at a bonus point as well. I do agree with him on Tech playing Coolige though ughh! leee
Central should easily come away with W in that game. Only thing those kids to focus on is not giving into the culture of the people that live in Rising Sun area. Unless the culture has changed within the last few years, Central needs to do more than their best to block everything they will hear from those people. With scheduling Central, I don't see Rising Sun getting that 7th win.

RS got their 7th last year with an upset 13-12 win over Harford Tech played Sat morning at RS in a mud pit. Neutralized HTech star RB.. no way HTech would lose that game on a dry field. RS field is awful team usually is also. They were decent last year but Elkton hung 50 on them and I agree Central should roll them.

Last edited:
Central replaces week one at Rising Sun (MD) to a home game vs Kent County (MD) giving Central 6 home games. KC is D2

Open weeks to fill
SC- 2
Friends 5 and 9
TH- 9
FSMA- 8
Delmar-5

Last edited:
Central replaces week one at Rising Sun (MD) to a home gave vs Kent County (MD) giving Central 6 home games. KC is D2

Open weeks to fill
SC- 2
Friends 5 and 9
TH- 9
FSMA- 8
Delmar-5
So Central replaces an easy D1 win with an easier D2 win, interesting. They are willing to sacrifice the easy 6 points for 4 points? I guess they don't care as they had to play a first round game as a conference champ.

Which looking at last years schedule and realizing they played at Dover in the playoff game and at home during the season. Since Central and Dover are in the same division and conference shouldn't Central be playing at Dover this year during the season? Does Central get the home game because they beat Dover in a playoff game last year? I'm not sure how scheduling games works out between conference teams.

Rising Sun could have pulled the game for all we know. Looks like RS replaced the game at home VS Cambridge-South Dorchester (MD).. must have been some mutual thing

Last edited:
Dover showing only 3 home games they will probably change the game to at Dover. Play-offs have nothing to do with it.

Looks like teams trying to work everyones schedule out.

It's getting tougher finding Maryland teams with openings. MPSSAA went from 16 teams per class getting in the states to 32 Now they only have 9 game schedules with extra week of playoffs

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockem sockem
What going on at Central? Now they are back to 8 games. Needing week 1 and 2. better call La PLata. LP is a 2A school that would be D1 points around 1100 students probably no bonus though

Open weeks to fill
SC- 1and 2
Friends 5 and 9
TH- 9
FSMA- 8
Delmar-5

Last edited:
as a side bar. The DSU HC Milstead came from La Plata

his record at La Plata
2015: 0-11
2016: 2-8
2017: 6-4

never made the tournament

It's getting tougher finding Maryland teams with openings. MPSSAA went from 16 teams per class getting in the states to 32 Now they only have 9 game schedules with extra week of playoffs

THIRTY-TWO?! That's silly, the original format was great like it was.

Last edited:
Participation trophies!

Depends on how you look at it. I wouldn't call being sent to the loser tournament a pat on the back lol. Most coaches seem to like the new format. They look at it as an extra couple weeks of practice and games that can only help their team get better for next year.

Last edited:
I hate this idea. The years I spent in Maryland, I only covered two MPSSAA playoff games because the county I covered only had one team even close to good enough. That's how it should be.

Imagine if DIAA tried this....yuck.

I kinda look at it like this. You still get your 10 game schedule only you don't know who your 10th will be against until the end. If you win your 10th game you get to go another week whether it in Championship bracket or the Consi. But you have to win the 10th game or its over. If you win again you get to play again. I seriously doubt they will be giving any awards or trophy's for the consi just a chance to go another week. 32 in the championship bracket might be a bit excessive. Allot of week 10 blowouts lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT