ADVERTISEMENT

2019 schedules and games needed

lol maybe they will get a trophy

1_d2a6dc95-c167-40cb-9631-19050a9d9655_grande.png

Reactions: 84rider
Delaware should do something like this but maybe 8 teams. Who would those be? can we come up with 12?

New Jersey Ivy League

These schools have given up the eligibility for the 2020 2021 football playoffs..

League will be made up of teams that haven’t won a game from 2014 to schools who don’t have that many players

These 12 teams will only play one another and will have their own playoffs among themselves

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.northjersey.com/amp/3634762002

Reactions: Rockem sockem
I don't follow or know a lot about MD football. if 32 teams (over 4 classifications) make the playoffs, how many schools are left for the 'consolation bracket'. Will there be 4 consolation brackets? If there are more teams than the 32 that did not make the playoffs then might it not take longer to have a head to head with all of those teams?

I think Friends already has a game scheduled that week just no one has bothered to put the schools profile in the system yet

Central adds week 2 at Southern HS (MD) Southern hasn't won a game in 2 years. Last year they would have been D2. This year with the cut-off dropping to 1045 they will be D1

Open weeks to fill
SC- 1
Friends 5(?) and 9
TH- 9
FSMA- 8
Delmar-5

Last edited:
I don't understand these teams going with 9 game schedules like they think its some sort of point index advantage. It's only an advantage if your 10th game is a guaranteed loss. Besides if you don't make the play-offs you are screwing your kids out of a 10th game they are supposed to get. I don't like it.

I don't understand these teams going with 9 game schedules like they think its some sort of point index advantage. It's only an advantage if your 10th game is a guaranteed loss. Besides if you don't make the play-offs you are screwing your kids out of a 10th game they are supposed to get. I don't like it.
I agree with this. However if you make the playoffs and are a number 3-6 team for D1 or any D2 team you are playing 12 weeks of football with no bye week. That is hard on any body no matter what level of football a person plays. Smyrna did that last year and they were in the playoff hunt all season until the Tech game. Not bad for last years record.

you do realize most states you play up to 16 games if you make the ship.. 12 weeks with no byes is not an issue IMHO but getting your 10 is. Actually I think byes hurt a team more than help. but thats just me

Smyrna also had the advantage of everyone they played somewhat had 7-10 wins, those bonus points can add up to a 10th game and D1 WIN.

But with a 10th game that they lost then they would have been even further down in points. What is the point in getting in a what if battle? No reason since the season is done and over.

But with a 10th game that they lost then they would have been even further down in points. What is the point in getting in a what if battle? No reason since the season is done and over.

no one is in a battle but it sucks the Smyrna SR's got screwed out of a full 10 games. Especially the ones that will never play again. Just the way I feel about it

Reactions: Rockem sockem
Central adds week 2 at Southern HS (MD) Southern hasn't won a game in 2 years. Last year they would have been D2. This year with the cut-off dropping to 1045 they will be D1

Open weeks to fill
SC- 1
Friends 5(?) and 9
TH- 9
FSMA- 8
Delmar-5
Which Southern? There are 2 - Southern HS in Harwood, Anne Arundel County, with an official enrollment of 814 in grades 9-12, and Southern HS in Oakland, Garrett County, with an enrollment of 527 in grades 9-12. Probably the first one, which is just outside of Annapolis. That one may be D1 by Delaware standards. The other Southern is about a 4 and a half hour trip from SC.

Which Southern? There are 2 - Southern HS in Harwood, Anne Arundel County, with an official enrollment of 814 in grades 9-12, and Southern HS in Oakland, Garrett County, with an enrollment of 527 in grades 9-12. Probably the first one, which is just outside of Annapolis. That one may be D1 by Delaware standards. The other Southern is about a 4 and a half hour trip from SC.
Sorry, those enrollments are for grades 9-11, NOT 9-12.

Southern in Harwood. They usually have an enrollment of 1050 to 1100. For 2018 1063 enrollment is pretty consistent on the sites. Puts them at D1

Central also just completed their schedule adding at La Plata (MD) another D1 lay up. Central 1st 4 weeks on the road then 5 in a row at home then at IR.

Dover is really getting hosed with only 3 home games. Maybe they will get 7 in 2021?

Open weeks to fill
Friends 5(?) and 9
TH- 9
FSMA- 8
Delmar-5

Last edited:
Central will have 12pts after two weeks but they have to take long bus rides to get them. 2.5 hrs to La Plata and 2 hrs to Southern with no traffic. Neither team will provide any bonus though.

So I pose a question. Is 10 hrs on the bus worth 12pts?

Last edited:
Yea, I don't know why Dover doesn't offer to switch the Salesianum game to home and play at the new AB stadium in 2020. :rolleyes:

That makes allot of sense to me. Dover has a much nicer field than Brandywine and a less chance of the game getting called for weather

Yea, I don't know why Dover doesn't offer to switch the Salesianum game to home and play at the new AB stadium in 2020. :rolleyes:
Sallies football fans should be hoping that new AD will see this and would want to have as many home games possible for the 2020 season in that new stadium.

Smyrna schedule change. replaces Chester (PA) with @ Glenelg (MD)

much better game. Glenelg lost to Oakdale 35-7 in the MD 2A state final last season. Decent team as of late

And Friends still does not have a game 5, they only have 8 games on their schedule and Delmar is still open on week 5 also, come on Friends, nut up and play Delmar, who wants to play only 8 reg season games????

Southdude I am pretty sure they have a game scheduled week 5. Looks like someone put the game in only the school they are playing isn't in the drop down menu which means no one has put their profile in the websiteforsports system yet. I could be wrong but that is what it looks like

nope, they do not have a game 5, they are happy with playing 8 games. there should be a rule that you have to play atleast 9 to make playoffs

Finally! Friends vs Delmar week 5 @ Delmar

Also somebody switched with Dover...so Dover has 4 home games now but it wasn't Sallies. I think Central?
That is good for Delmar and Friends for locking that game up for the next couple of seasons.
Looking at both Centrals and Dovers website the game switched to Dover. With Sallies new AD do you think they will switch too? 6 home games in 2020 in the new stadium sounds better than playing at Brandywine on a Saturday night.

Sallies, I imagine, will have all the primo dates next year at the Ab (which means the St. Mark's game should move back to Broom Street). Good news is it's down to 3 schools using the field now, so there's not as much as wrangling as long as Howard and St. E still have equal use.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT