ADVERTISEMENT

2nd round updates and scores!

Dover leads 54-34 in the 3rd quarter & Spencer is have another block party...he just had about 3 straight blocks & has blocked 2 dunks tonight.

69-40 Dover 6:00 left & Allen w/ another 30-piece. Spencer has at least 10 blocks.

All teams will need to have blowouts if they want to advance! I hate talking about the officiating, but when it’s as blatant as tonight... Thank GOD it became a blowout. Dover’s entire starting lineup had 3 or more fouls by the third quarter. One of them fouled out.

Tech-Sallies game was a cry fest. Tech crying in the first half about fouls and the team fouls were 10-5 in Techs favor. People just cry the whole time. High school basketball is tough to watch. Fans, coaches and players crying and pointing fingers. Play ball please

Strange game...a lot of whistles and what may be the longest 3rd quarter that I have ever witnessed. Hey, I am happy.

Tech can’t expect to win every game by just pressing. The sals handled the pressure and tech has 0 offense. Team defense picked tech apart not the refs smh. Hate to say but good game by the sals.

Reactions: listening to noise
I had Tech to beat Sallies but you can’t complain about refs when you lose by 29...other team had to just be better. Hats off to Sallies Coaching Staff to come back a week later after losing to Tech & make the adjustments needed.

Even in the Dover game the refs called a lot of fouls but it was consistent both ways I must say. Dover will get called for a lot of fouls because they are more aggressive, press a lot & get called for a lot of fouls reaching like 50-60 feet from the basket but some of the charge fouls called on both teams in that game was crazy...just cuz a kid falls doesn’t automatically mean it is a foul. As a downstater I prefer upstate refs because they seem to let the kids play more. Once again I thought the Christiana/Dover game was called fairly & consistent just too many fouls called both ways.

Last edited:
Just watch the Dover game footage. That’s all I’m going to say about it. Dover would have won by 60. Just watch. Ridiculous!
Dover would have won by more if they didn’t commit so many unforced turnovers in the first half. They kept CHS in it for a while. Christiana runs absolutely nothing on offense and doesn’t appear to have ever practiced a press break! They have some ability but they don’t do much with it. Dover needs to clean up the fouls as they move on or they will get knocked off. Yes, there were some bad calls, but Dover did commit too many also.

Reactions: Roddav3557
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT