ADVERTISEMENT

All State this year?

im sorry i didnt mean to come off as if he is not good. he's a terrific young lacrosse player, but to call him the best soph in the state seems an overstatement to me, that's all i meant.

Originally posted by laxbum:
what do u guys think towers goalie will get, 2nd or 3rd team?

He could get 1st. Honestly, with the way Allender and Murray played at the end of the year, all three spots are up for grabs and could go in any order between Allender, Murray, and Rodgers.

yeah all 3 are up for grabs. Allender had a great season. Murray and Rodgers both played incredible saturday. Both keeping their teams in it. Sallies looked really sloppy and rodgers made some nice saves. I think Rodgers and Murray are 1 and 2 going either way. Allender will probably get 3rd.

Remember All-State isn't suppose to count tourament games. Why is lacrosse the only sport that does it after the season? If you are counting tourney teams than only twelve teams should go to the All-State meeting.
Tomorrow everything will be answered after 5

lets face it, all-state awards don't mean anything anyway. It's all politics anyway. who you're daddy knows, what club team you play for, the name on the front of your jersey, the amount of pull your coach has and how far your team went in the tournament.

It's a shame it's not based upon the actual skill a player has.

I don't believe that, I think that all-state is usually pretty accurate. Sure some guys get shafted or some picks are a little suprising, but the four all-state teams are most of the time fair.

Unfortunately politics do come into play sometimes, but not all of all-state is affected by this. What happens a lot of times is that the lower tier teams, having only played each other, all vote in one of their own guys to 2nd or 3rd team. The kid might have scored 60 goals, but wouldn't have seen the field on teams like CR, Cape, Archmere, Tatnall, Friends, TH, Sallies, etc.

But we'll all know tonight.

that being said, i agree that the meaningfulness of being selected is pretty diminished because of the politics involved. it's turned into who's coach can make the best case for them to get it and sway other coaches to vote for his player, not who deserves it or who earns the votes of the coaches by the games they play in.

http://www.eteamz.com/dellax/files/2010-All-State-Boys.htm

first team is pretty much just sallies, cape, and thill, plus eric kelly. who saw that one coming??

im kind of surprised that walker and geampietro from sallies got allstate but pettit didnt, he was huge for tower hill and a big part of getting them to title.

From dellax.com:

2010 All-State Boys

First Team

Name Position School Grade

Andrew Blundin Attack Salesianum 11

Chas Robino Attack Tower Hill 11

Dan Steele Attack Cape Henlopen 12

Eric Kelley Midfield Wilmington Friends 12

Ripley Neilsen Midfield Tower Hill 12

Andrew Salvitti Midfield Salesianum 12

Trip Ashley Defense Tower Hill 12

Mark Cyron Defense Salesianum 12

Ryan Kilpatrick Defense Salesianum 11

Tim Voss Defense Cape Henlopen 12

Demetrius Murray Goal Tower Hill 12

Dan Rogers Goal Salesianum 12

Second Team

Austin Beer Attack Tatnall 11

Erik Hoffstadt Attack Caesar Rodney 12

Andrew Michalowski Attack Charter School of Wilmington 12

Jackson Keeler Midfield Tatnall 12

Matt Matsko Midfield Caesar Rodney 12

Bucky Pierce Midfield Saint Andrews 12

Russell Train LSM Saint Andrews 12

Andrew Zaldivar Defense Charter School of Wilmington 12

Luke Kelly Defense Charter School of Wilmington 12

Ben McDonald Defense Saint Andrews 12

Ian Allender Goal Archmere 12

Third Team

Dillon Walker Attack Salesianum 10

Reed Salmons Attack Wilmington Friends 12

Chris Thomson Attack Archmere 11

Chris Woodruff Midfield Cape Henlopen 12

Jack Stang Midfield Polytech 12

Cody McGreevy Midfield Saint Marks 12

Joe Kennedy LSM Pencader Charter 12

Zac Brown Defense Delaware Military Academy 12

Drew Malinsky Defense Wilmington Friends 12

Anthony Morrison Defense Tatnall 12

Nick Goodnow Goal Polytech 12

Honorable Mention

Brad Freeman Attack Tatnall 12

Zak Revak Attack Archmere 10

Shane Tompkins Attack William Penn 12

Josh Martin Midfield Dover 12

Will Cowan Midfield Salesianum 12

Sean Geampietro Midfield Salesianum 9

Bryan Garrahan Midfield Archmere 10

Paul Pirozzi Midfield A.I. DuPont 12

Nick Disabatino LSM Salesianum 12

Phil Drexler LSM Tatnall 12

Zach Johnson LSM Brandywine 11

Jake Mathews Defense Cape Henlopen 12

James Cook Goal Cape Henlopen 11

Congratulations to all of the young men that were selected as All State players. You are all deserving of the honor and earned your spots on the list.

The good news for all of you that made the second team is.......... you may still be able to earn the honor of being an all american.
This post was edited on 6/3 1:20 PM by oldlaxguy

yeah, i would think that Micheal pettit would get it over dillon walker to, because he had 5 the first time they played sallies, and then 3 in the finals, and i think he also had 3 against cape in the semis

and really? is the longpole from DMA honestly better than brannock furey, hunter whitmer, will graves, and all the HM longpoles?? you gotta be kidding me.

we all know that every year there is the one or two people that get snubbed and the few people who make it that aren't expected, lets get used to it cuz its not going to change any time soon.

true, i just said that so those players i mentioned will know that they deserved all state and not be discouraged by not getting it

ya i know, i wasnt busting on you, i was just saying its frustrating that every year good players get the shaft. Last year a player on Delmarva Christian got all state and i can think of several more deserving players. The Dma player is probably a good player, but honestly disab is probably a better player.

It's funny how you all use conjecture. I paraphrase, Desab is "probably" better than that longpole from DMA. That pretty much says you have never seen that kid play.

I have a great idea, why don't we just make everyone on Tower Hill, Tatnall, Friends, St Andrews, and whatever other private school is out there 1st Team All-State and All-American? I also did not realize there were two goalies that start on a lax team until now.
If Shane Tompkins played on any of the top teams he would have been a 1st team all-state, he is bigger, stronger and faster than most if not all of those kids.
This post was edited on 6/3 10:02 PM by HDST06

michalowski is good enough to be on first team also, but its pretty stacked with blunden, robino and steele, but hes definatley good enough.

Really what is the issue that the best kid on a team that is not a top tier team getting an all state honor. There is ZERO way of knowing what he could do if he had a different cast of players around him. Yes...We all know all state voting is not perfect...but I'd bet you have not seen every player in the state play...so give it a rest...really I'm sure those guys you mentioned and saying they deserve all state really makes some of those guys feel soooo warm and fuzzy inside!!!

Congrats to all players that made the list.

actually i have seen almost every team in the state play and have been around the game long enough to know who is all state material so.....

So what!!!! Again what the big deal with a solid player from a team that isn't that good doesn't deserve anything...why should they even have a team then....screw all the work they put in they suck...fold the team!!!!

Get over yourself and your elite attitude and just say congrats to the kids that make it.

Originally posted by laxdude1269:
So what!!!! Again what the big deal with a solid player from a team that isn't that good doesn't deserve anything...why should they even have a team then....screw all the work they put in they suck...fold the team!!!!

Get over yourself and your elite attitude and just say congrats to the kids that make it.

Isn't the point of all state to pick the best players in the state? I agree with you laxdude in that every player who made all state should be congratulated. But all these guys are doing is comparing individual players against each other... which is what all state is about. No need to get all frazzled.

All state is spread out somewhat evenly throughout the state: teams that had pretty good seasons usually get at least one player (DMA, Polytech etc.)
Saying a kid who didn't get all state deserved it is not a bad thing. What is bad is calling out players who did make it. No one should come on here and tear down the accomplishments or honors of an individual.

I want to give major recognition to Will Graves and Hunter Witmer; as part of the 3-headed monster defense that was Friends. And, If y'all aren't nice, I'm gonna put out a SICKO highlight video of Eric K!

Not "frazzled" about compairing...I agree with you that noone should break guys down for working hard and getting all state...that was all.

Its fine to say player xyz should get it...but to go on about how they have to be better then player abc...not cool.

Originally posted by HDST06:
It's funny how you all use conjecture. I paraphrase, Desab is "probably" better than that longpole from DMA. That pretty much says you have never seen that kid play.

I have a great idea, why don't we just make everyone on Tower Hill, Tatnall, Friends, St Andrews, and whatever other private school is out there 1st Team All-State and All-American? I also did not realize there were two goalies that start on a lax team until now.
If Shane Tompkins played on any of the top teams he would have been a 1st team all-state, he is bigger, stronger and faster than most if not all of those kids.
This post was edited on 6/3 10:02 PM by HDST06

I've seen Shane play several times and I agree he is a very good player. But the 1st and 2nd team All State attack was stacked this year, with a bunch of guys who will play in college either this year or the next. I don't think he would have been a 1st team all stater had he been on a different team. I think him at HM was accurate. He might have been 3rd instead of Dillon Walker or Chris Thomson, but that is it.

I've seen both Disab and the DMA pole play, and Disab is better... it's not close sorry.

i thought 1st and 2nd team was very accurate and well done this year. Except for the goalie cop out which was really weak.

1. having a team is about the team, not the player so that has nothing to do with folding the team so that was an irrelevant comment.
2. When one player gets its over another, who is clearly better it sucks. Its a fact.

1. Having a team is about the team, not the player. So the whole thing about folding is irrelevant.
2. When one player gets the shaft because another player who isnt as good that sucks.

Sure...maybe the whole Sallies JV should have gotten Honorable Mention too!

I mean seriously. Because you are on the team and pay the tuition does that mean you get automatic All State.

There are some other teams in the State with good players who did not get recognized and could or should have.

You can't take away from the kids, all they did was play. Any inequities fall on the coaches and weather they care to stand up or not.

By the way, didn't Tower Hill win the State?

i think the all state list is pretty accurate but allender and petit got ripped off. allender should have been 1st team and petit should have gotten at least 3rd

laxbro7 and hdst06 i agree with both of you in some ways about Shane Tompkins. I played travel with him and in the same conference hes a good player. he was playing attack this year when he always youst to be middie. laxbro7 your right at attack, honorable mention 3rd team is accuarte for him and lax power says he is going to college for lax...but at middie with a better team in the state i do believe he gets 1st or 2nd team just my thoughts..oh and hdst06 shane isnt bigger and stronger then many people...didnt understand that? Also i believe pierce is 1st team over nielsen and salvtti...disab is way better then the the pencader pole...and the goalie thing was just dumb

Agreed. Both good players but Pettit had an awesome year. 8 goals against Sals All Americans,pretty impressive. Congrats to all the all state winners

Overall I like the list minus a few players on 3rd and HM, but explain how Cook can get 1st team all henlopen but only get HM. When Goodnow got 2nd team henlopen but 3rd team all state?
I'd like to hear answers for that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT