ADVERTISEMENT

All State!!!!

So what's a better option? I can tell you now that SMY and MT and the Sals will never let 2A or 1A players make a 1st team list, even though there are deserving players. If there were a 1st/2nd/3rd team this year for the state as a whole, do you think MT would be ok with Troyer not making any of the three at Q? No way at all. The 1st team list would be all SMY/MT/Sals/3A players. It is unfortunate football has either caught up to soccer and field hockey and the numbers they vote all State, or football has fallen as low as those two. The only sport that has a true 1st team all State is wrestling.

So what's a better option? I can tell you now that SMY and MT and the Sals will never let 2A or 1A players make a 1st team list, even though there are deserving players. If there were a 1st/2nd/3rd team this year for the state as a whole, do you think MT would be ok with Troyer not making any of the three at Q? No way at all. The 1st team list would be all SMY/MT/Sals/3A players. It is unfortunate football has either caught up to soccer and field hockey and the numbers they vote all State, or football has fallen as low as those two. The only sport that has a true 1st team all State is wrestling.

How is it you think MT, Smyrna or Sals could prevent anyone from 2A or 1A making first team? It isn't the old school DIFCA with Delpercio at the helm anymore.

Actually this system prevented the QB from Howard from being considered for All State. Before if the conferences snubbed a guy then all state voters could corect it. Nolan Henderson comes to mind.

This thing where you have to be 1st or 2nd team in district to be considered for all state is bs. Too easy for district coaches to snub a guy and make them ineligible for all state.

I love how they punted on the 2A QB1 selection this year though.

Last edited:
Actually with 2A having 21 teams (21 ballots) and 3A having 11 teams (11 ballots) MT nor any 3A team or coach would be able to prevent anything. The other way around 2A coaches would hold the power for all state selection. Probably why they had to do it this way.

Last edited:
I dig the point about 2A holding more votes if it were to go to a whole state vote for 1st/2nd/3rd team. Agree with you on the district teams only getting consideration for all state is crap. The punt on Alberto/Tattersall will have the world record in hang time and it is not right the Howard kid loses out. What I should have pointed out was any whole state vote for any of the three teams would come down to other factors, such GOB networking, popularity of team/player, "hey, vote for my guy and I will vote for yours" schtick and a few other things. And I will stick to my guns about 3A people not admitting that players in the other two divisions are better. They would argue that to the Nth degree.

I dig the point about 2A holding more votes if it were to go to a whole state vote for 1st/2nd/3rd team. Agree with you on the district teams only getting consideration for all state is crap. The punt on Alberto/Tattersall will have the world record in hang time and it is not right the Howard kid loses out. What I should have pointed out was any whole state vote for any of the three teams would come down to other factors, such GOB networking, popularity of team/player, "hey, vote for my guy and I will vote for yours" schtick and a few other things. And I will stick to my guns about 3A people not admitting that players in the other two divisions are better. They would argue that to the Nth degree.

Really if they are going to have Albero and Tattersal CO-QB1 then why not put Matthews in at QB2. What's the harm in that?

Over 140 kids first or second team all state….got tired of counting

..you know you could have just counted 1 team and X that by 6.. 🤓

giphy.gif

Kyle Manley: 1st receiving yards (858), 1st receiving TD's (tie at 12), YDS/Reception 1st (31.8).

Yet he's not one of the top 6 WR's in the state in 2A???

The all district teams are a fine way to give accolades to all who are deserving. BUT all state is an honor and should be treated as such, the best players at each position regardless of team, school size ,etc.

Kyle Manley: 1st receiving yards (858), 1st receiving TD's (tie at 12), YDS/Reception 1st (31.8).

Yet he's not one of the top 6 WR's in the state in 2A???

How do you know he is 1st in those things? Can't go by MaxPreps only 30% of the teams in the state put player stats on there. IJS

The WR's they have at 2A all-state are pretty good and more known. Noticed went with 4 WR first team and only 2 WR second team. which is odd

Manley is probably deserving but RLCA players might have to get used to the snub. I mean when you run the score up on teams like Early College 60-0 and have your starters in there to throw 6 td passes..well then the voters may not take much stock in your stats.. is what it is..

Last edited:
How do you know he is 1st in those things? Can't go by MaxPreps only 30% of the teams in the state put player stats on there. IJS

The WR's they have at 2A all-state are pretty good and more known. Noticed went with 4 WR first team and only 2 WR second team. which is odd

Manley is probably deserving but RLCA players might have to get used to the snub. I mean when you run the score up on teams like Early College 60-0 and have your starters in there to throw 6 td passes..well then the voters may not take much stock in your stats.. is what it is..
Red Lion did not have the starters in the second half of the Early College Game. I can't be certain, but I think they only scored 10 points in the second half. I'm pretty sure they scored 50 in the first half.

Just checked. 54 points in the first half of the RLCA vs. Early College game. 6 points in the second half. Are you saying we should stop playing before half time?

Just checked. 54 points in the first half of the RLCA vs. Early College game. 6 points in the second half. Are you saying we should stop playing before half time?

Nobody said stop playing but the starting QB shouldn't have 6 TD passes. No other teams ran the starters stats up like that vs them. Look just saying RL coach has a rep of running up scores and stats vs bad teams.. Whether that rep is warranted or can be explained away doesn't matter it's there and I am sure factors in with the voting. Until that perception changes RL players should get used to the snub is all I was saying.. is what it is..

Last edited:
No other teams ran the starters stats up like that vs them.
Odessa 42-0
Charter 41-0
Seaford 48-0
Poly Tech 40-0
Indian River 62-28

RLCA's last two scores came on a fumble recovery and a 9 yard run. So before those two last scores it would have been 46-0 and still in the first half. No stats were run up in the second half of the game. Budinger threw 16 passes the whole game and completed 14. It's not like they threw the ball 30 times. And if I'm not mistaken, Red Lion's back up QB played the whole 2nd half. So how were the starters stats run up?

Odessa 42-0
Charter 41-0
Seaford 48-0
Poly Tech 40-0
Indian River 62-28

RLCA's last two scores came on a fumble recovery and a 9 yard run. So before those two last scores it would have been 46-0 and still in the first half. No stats were run up in the second half of the game. Budinger threw 16 passes the whole game and completed 14. It's not like they threw the ball 30 times. And if I'm not mistaken, our back up QB played the whole 2nd half. So how were the starters stats run up?

your preaching to the choir.. I don't have a vote.. but RL did put up 50+ 4 times (60+ twice) vs bad teams this year. . RL threw 176 passes this season and the starting QB threw 174 of them. The back up QB attempted 1 pass and the kicker the other. If you really want to dig into the stats the starting QB's numbers were abysmal vs good teams. surely you can see the optics here..

Last edited:
your preaching to the choir.. I don't have a vote.. but RL did put up 50+ 4 times (60+ twice) vs bad teams this year. . RL threw 176 passes this season and the starting QB threw 174 of them. The back up QB attempted 1 pass and the kicker the other. If you really want to dig into the stats the starting QB's numbers were abysmal vs good teams. surely you can see the optics here..

You say Red Lion threw 176 passes this season. That's 14.6 a game.
RL threw one 6 yard TD pass against Woodbridge and RL's back up QB was also RL's kicker. They had no other QB on the roster. Although a RB did in fact throw a pass.

I can only assume, maybe incorrectly that you support Caravel based upon your buccaneer picture. Here are some stats for you:

Red Lion
397 points scored, 257 against - 140 point differential

Caravel scores:
43-0
54-0
35-7
44-6
42-6
28-16
28-0
24-14
42-0
35-0
42-0
30-6
447 points scored, 55 against - 392 point differential

I've got no problem with teams keeping their feet on the gas until the game is way out of reach which is what it appears Caravel did in numerous games. But your contention that RL ran the score up on teams by continuing to throw the ball late in the game just doesn't hold water. It may look like there were a couple lopsided victories where unless you look at the numbers, it could appear that way, but it's simply not the truth when you look at what happened in those games.

You say Red Lion threw 176 passes this season. That's 14.6 a game.
RL threw one 6 yard TD pass against Woodbridge and RL's back up QB was also RL's kicker. They had no other QB on the roster. Although a RB did in fact throw a pass.

I can only assume, maybe incorrectly that you support Caravel based upon your buccaneer picture. Here are some stats for you:

Red Lion
397 points scored, 257 against - 140 point differential

Caravel scores:
43-0
54-0
35-7
44-6
42-6
28-16
28-0
24-14
42-0
35-0
42-0
30-6
447 points scored, 55 against - 392 point differential

I've got no problem with teams keeping their feet on the gas until the game is way out of reach which is what it appears Caravel did in numerous games. But your contention that RL ran the score up on teams by continuing to throw the ball late in the game just doesn't hold water. It may look like there were a couple lopsided victories where unless you look at the numbers, it could appear that way, but it's simply not the truth when you look at what happened in those games.

I don't really support or pander for any team in particular. I kind of spread it around (my avatar changes to whomever) but anyway. I was not saying RL did anything wrong or whether or not I agreed with their players being snubbed.. You posted that particular player along with some claims that weren't likely true about being ranked first in the state in certain stats.. I just offered you a possible reason for the snub.. Personally I think Manley is an exceptional player and have enjoyed watching him play. Unfortunately the perceptions from the voters is what it is. There is a reason RL got booted from the DSC and probably the same reason they would have never let CA in. Thank god for the new realignment but there are certain 2A coaches who will never vote for a RLCA player (or CA for that matter) based on butthurtedness.

Last edited:
RL coach is consistent, he has been the same in every sport he coaches from youth football to little league baseball. No how you take him and his ways is based on the individual…….

Yes you should when your killing the other team by 40+ points. There's bad karma when you do things like that.

Yes you should when your killing the other team by 40+ points. There's bad karma when you do things like that.
Good lord! You never know what’s going to happen with over a half a game left. So what’s the acceptable cut off in points before a team should put all the backups in?

Reactions: Huskerman7
Foghorn,

Please share his stats against CA, LF, Delcastle, Delmar and St Marks
Who are you talking about? Manley? He got hurt first series against Lake, was hurt almost the whole game against caravel, Delmar, we didn’t have to pass, first game against st marks they killed RL and Buttinger had no time to get the ball out of his hand, but I’m pretty sure the playoff game he had close to 200 yards receiving. What’s your point? Ain’t a dude in the state can cover him. He’s bigger, stronger, faster and one of the best athletes in the state.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Good lord! You never know what’s going to happen with over a half a game left. So what’s the acceptable cut off in points before a team should put all the backups in?
A coach should have a reasonable understanding of his opponent. It's hard for me to believe the RL coach was thinking that Early College had a chance to come back after being up 30 plus points. Even in the first half.

Don't get me wrong. I went to a few RL games this year. Those kids are ballers and the future is bright. But there is no reason for the coach to run up the score the way he did against ECHS. It's just wrong IMO.

Reactions: SCash
A coach should have a reasonable understanding of his opponent. It's hard for me to believe the RL coach was thinking that Early College had a chance to come back after being up 30 plus points. Even in the first half.

Don't get me wrong. I went to a few RL games this year. Those kids are ballers and the future is bright. But there is no reason for the coach to run up the score the way he did against ECHS. It's just wrong IMO.
We had scored only 66 points in our first 4 games and had gotten spanked by st marks and caravel and hadn’t been able to throw the ball. We needed to figure out the passing game. Again, it was all first half and mostly 1st quarter. Sorry if you don’t like it. But we could’ve hung 120 points on them if we left our dogs in the second half - and done nothing but run the ball. 6 points in the second half bro. If you don’t think we called the dogs off, not sure what to tell you

Are you saying that if the Howard QB was 2nd team 2A D2 you believe he would have been voted 1st all state 2A? Can’t see how that would be possibility. Don’t get me wrong, Howard QB is an amazing player and very well could have the best college career of any of the 3(Tattersall, Alberro, Matthews) but he was the 3rd best QB in that division this year. Not saying it wasn’t close but for my money the coaches got it right in 2A D2. Alberro was the best pure Qb, thus 1st team QB 2A D2 and Tattersall was the OPOY 2A D2. This year Tattersal was much more of a hybrid, 20-25 carrie’s a game and probably 10 passing attempts or so. Thus, Alberro the better QB, Tattersall the better overall offensive player, and Matthews a close 3rd.

Ain’t a dude in the state can cover him.

Really.. C'mon man. Dat boy is good but damn. Lol

What gives foghat? Why you schilling for Red Lion now. Thought you was a St Mark's guy. At least you were when you were posting here before. RLCA hater too if my memory serves me right.

fyi... It's Budinger not Buttinger.. SMH

Last edited:
All Cllass is exactly what it is, since now and days the best of the best can’t be singled out it’s NOT all state

Reactions: SCash
Really.. C'mon man. Dat boy is good but damn. Lol

What gives foghat? Why you schilling for Red Lion now. Thought you was a St Mark's guy. At least you were when you were posting here before. RLCA hater too if my memory serves me right.

fyi... It's Budinger not Buttinger.. SMH
Yes, used to be a St Marks guy. Things change. I was never a Red Lion hater. There's never been anything to hate.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT