ADVERTISEMENT

Blue-Gold Game

Obviously, this falls on the players. However, it is the coach and A.D. that have to vouch for the players integrity, when they nominate them. For the most part, they have known these kids since they started high school. If kids that don't belong in the game are getting there, it is because talent over character was chosen. It has been happening for a while and this board has helped feed it, with coaches getting blasted because the best player on their team didn't make Blue/Gold.

I know Tony Glenn and love the work he does. I can assure you, for him to have to put a stop to that game, must have absolutely crushed him. I believe the game should and will continue, what it accomplishes is to valuable to let a few idiots screw up.

Fyi. Dooley was one of the coaches this year.

The players have become so self centric and entitled these days mainly because parents are child worshipers.. There really is nothing coaches or officials can do about it..If I was a parent of a special needs kids I wouldn't want any of them to be a influence on my kid and certainly not a role model for them.. I don;t mean all as some or most are very good kids.. Maybe DFRC has to be more diligent in their vetting process as to who can participate

It's funny to me that you constantly complain about child worshipping parents yet you've worshiped yours quite a bit on here over the years. Just a few days ago in an LB4 thread about how you thought he was like 19 you had to mention how "when my son was a rising sophomore" and I recall a number of worshipping statements out of your mouth.

I think you are on point sometimes about things but this shit proves how delusional you are. It's okay for you to heap praise on your "rising sophomore son" (you have to make that comment years after your kid stopped playing for what reason? was he ever even honorable mention all conference?) but whenever another parent appreciates their child too much you're offended and blame them for society's ills.

Ps I happen to agree with you on the child worshipping thing being bad for everyone involved. I just think that message shouldn't come from you being that you worship as well.

Fyi. Dooley was one of the coaches this year.

The players have become so self centric and entitled these days mainly because parents are child worshipers.. There really is nothing coaches or officials can do about it..If I was a parent of a special needs kids I wouldn't want any of them to be a influence on my kid and certainly not a role model for them.. I don;t mean all as some or most are very good kids.. Maybe DFRC has to be more diligent in their vetting process as to who can participate

And what's more self centric than a player yelling "f*ck Brad Meyers!!!" To Brad Meyers. Simply because Brad Meyers picked that kids team would lose a game.

And what's more child-worship worthy than that kids parent bragging about how manly he was for doing that on this here message board.

Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame.

why would any team in a game like this have less DBs than the other? The coaches select the players beyond each teams 1.. Blue certainly knew what was coming they would select accordingly I would think..

Ravensrooster2 yeah if the voting is by position then that would make since the biggest part of the voting is the coaches nominate their best 1-5 players and then the voting happens so if a team doesn't have any good DB/WR then coach may not nominate him. Then they try to get at least 1 player from each school so if 10 schools best players are linemen the you have 10 linemen.

I know for a fact that last year Brandywine's QB was one of the top 2 QBs on the blue squad and they had 4 but since he was 6'3 225 lbs and 2 of the others were smaller Dooley made him a linemen because he needed lineman.

Why they call it an all-star game each team has representation. Not all of the kids are the best players in the state. Some good kids on better teams don't make it and others don't play. One that comes to mind is the 1st team all state corner from Howard last season, who lead the state in interceptions that was passed over for teammates because they had a good team. I know you walked it back but saying all the kids are bad is ridiculous. There were a lot of kids that were not involved. Also I know a lot of the special needs kids and their families really look forward to the experience.

Reactions: 84rider
And what's more self centric than a player yelling "f*ck Brad Meyers!!!" To Brad Meyers. Simply because Brad Meyers picked that kids team would lose a game.

And what's more child-worship worthy than that kids parent bragging about how manly he was for doing that on this here message board.

Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame.

Nice spin job and telling complete lies.. Fake Pickle News.. He was addressing his team after the win and said "who the F is Brad Meyers anyway" and had no idea Brad was in the area and secondly no one bragged about it you moron..

Last edited:
Nice spin job and telling complete lies.. Fake Pickle News.. He was addressing his team after the win and said who the F is Brad Meyers anyway and had no idea Brad was in the area and secondly no one bragged about it you moron..

Spin??!! I wasn't there! I'm l using the words you said that he said on this football forum.

This fake news thing shows the type of person you are. I literally used the exact words you said he said (and you said it in a weird bragging way) and now you're saying it's fake news because it's coming back to haunt your current stance on something

You are fake news

It's funny to me that you constantly complain about child worshipping parents yet you've worshiped yours quite a bit on here over the years. Just a few days ago in an LB4 thread about how you thought he was like 19 you had to mention how "when my son was a rising sophomore" and I recall a number of worshipping statements out of your mouth.

I think you are on point sometimes about things but this shit proves how delusional you are. It's okay for you to heap praise on your "rising sophomore son" (you have to make that comment years after your kid stopped playing for what reason? was he ever even honorable mention all conference?) but whenever another parent appreciates their child too much you're offended and blame them for society's ills.

Ps I happen to agree with you on the child worshipping thing being bad for everyone involved. I just think that message shouldn't come from you being that you worship as well.

What the hell are you talking about? so saying when my child was a rising sophomore is child worship or bragging.. GTFOH..

Spin??!! I wasn't there! I'm l using the words you said that he said on this football forum.

This fake news thing shows the type of person you are. I literally used the exact words you said he said (and you said it in a weird bragging way) and now you're saying it's fake news because it's coming back to haunt your current stance on something

You are fake news

coming back to haunt me LOL.... no one on this site takes anything seriously your lying trolling ass has to say...do something useful and go change your tampon

960.jpg

Heard the Blue team lost 7 real good players to either college commitments or Firefly.. College commitments I get Firefly I don't... Patrick nor Sinott from Sallies played

Last edited:
Heard the Blue team lost 7 real good players to either college commitments or Firefly.. College commitments I get Firefly I don't... Patrick nor Sinott from Sallies played
I agree on Firefly...doesn't make sense to me. Firefly is going to be there next year, the year after next, etc.

Not sure of all the players who did not play, but Patrick and Henry not playing were the 2 big misses for the Blue squad. Although, I am not sure if it would have changed the outcome a whole lot. Difficult to defend that offense in an All-star game with a mandated 5-2 defense.

I agree on Firefly...doesn't make sense to me. Firefly is going to be there next year, the year after next, etc.

Not sure of all the players who did not play, but Patrick and Henry not playing were the 2 big misses for the Blue squad. Although, I am not sure if it would have changed the outcome a whole lot. Difficult to defend that offense in an All-star game with a mandated 5-2 defense.

True... Everyone knew Gold was at least a 3TD favorite going in

Last edited:
Thats what I heard.. didn't see it myself don't know about arrested but lead out in cuffs.. Gold side
Hmm, did not see it. Saw police gathering for someone slipping down the stairs at the end of the game, but did not see or hear of anything else.

The truth about Saturday's game -
Gold was favored to win by a landslide. Everyone knew it who was involved in that community all week long. Both blue and gold had great players not play due to many different reasons. The blue players were running their mouth the entire game. The gold players were too. The coaches did what they could but they did not have an extended relationship with the players due to them only working with them for a week. So… Every single school in the state of Delaware has some responsibility for the chippiness of that game bc most every one of them were represented. The blue kids were taking direction from A few of their coaches and if you ask the coaches on the blue they will tell you that is the truth. Many things were said to gold players that you would never think would come out of these very successful coaches' mouth… But they were. Let the score speak for itself. Let the rumors die. Someone in slip down one step on the cold side and every medic in the area was dispatched. She refused medical treatment. That is all. Move on.

I was at the game, didn't see anyone being led off the field in cuffs... I DID see that the Blue team just didn't have the horses to compete... the eye test even showed how much bigger the gold side was than the blue side. got ugly at the end with all the isht talk...

Forgot all about the 5-2 rule.. I was wondering why the one ref kept wanting to call illegal procedure on the D.. I think he called it twice and it was waived off both times. I guess the refs were allowing some leniency on the DE's to split and drop vs that O

Last edited:
I was at the game, didn't see anyone being led off the field in cuffs... I DID see that the Blue team just didn't have the horses to compete... the eye test even showed how much bigger the gold side was than the blue side. got ugly at the end with all the isht talk...
Blue had some big boys as well, but the Gold Oline was HUGE for HS (at least a DE HS game)

5 de line - 2 LB's - 4 def backs also known as Oklahoma def formation just sharing

Both teams played similar styles...One had more talent and better coaching.

Watched almost all of the 1st half of the game on 302Sports youtube site. The "5-2" had nothing to do with the game. The rule is followed loosely. It was more a 3-4 Defense with 1 OLB rushing more than others. Styles from Woodbridge rushed and Perez from Laurel would drop for the Gold. The blue squad they rotated that spot a lot and because Gold spread them out both would drop and they would only rush 3. Looked like a mix of out maned and out coached. Beneck did not look good doing anything. Probably uncomfortable outside of that Friends system. You can see the extra-circulars happening early in the game. A lot of talking.

Watched almost all of the 1st half of the game on 302Sports youtube site. The "5-2" had nothing to do with the game. The rule is followed loosely. It was more a 3-4 Defense with 1 OLB rushing more than others. Styles from Woodbridge rushed and Perez from Laurel would drop for the Gold. The blue squad they rotated that spot a lot and because Gold spread them out both would drop and they would only rush 3. Looked like a mix of out maned and out coached. Beneck did not look good doing anything. Probably uncomfortable outside of that Friends system. You can see the extra-circulars happening early in the game. A lot of talking.

Just watched the first half. Henderson is a bad boy. Granted not a lot of pass rush but he still puts the ball in the right spot almost every time. It will be very interesting to see how Smyrna's offense will be impacted.

RR- can we get one more senile critique of Henderson? The kind you're famous for where he has an impressive game and you try and throw shade because of some weird obsession you have with him? Were any of his TD passes not tight spirals? #jelly? I'm gonna miss those

OK, so lets get straight to point number one. The lack of control during the game, was a direct result of inaction on the part of the officials. There were at least 4 taunting fouls that were not called. If you don't call it, the players will just continue to do it.

# 2 Since you wanted a little shade thrown on Henderson, allow me to oblige. He is a solid system quarterback. His ability to escape and keep his head down the field are great. On the downside, he had too many passes batted down while in the pocket. While I don't know how tall he is, he looks a little short to me. He runs the offense well and did a nice job against an over matched vanilla defense. I think it will be a challenge for him to compete at UD, but hope that he will prove me wrong, as he seems like a great kid.

"I think it will be a challenge for him to compete at UD, but hope that he will prove me wrong, as he seems like a great kid."

Whoa; brave words Ikey. If you drop by the UD board "go hens" you will see him portrayed as the coming Messiah.

OK, so lets get straight to point number one. The lack of control during the game, was a direct result of inaction on the part of the officials. There were at least 4 taunting fouls that were not called. If you don't call it, the players will just continue to do it.

# 2 Since you wanted a little shade thrown on Henderson, allow me to oblige. He is a solid system quarterback. His ability to escape and keep his head down the field are great. On the downside, he had too many passes batted down while in the pocket. While I don't know how tall he is, he looks a little short to me. He runs the offense well and did a nice job against an over matched vanilla defense. I think it will be a challenge for him to compete at UD, but hope that he will prove me wrong, as he seems like a great kid.
I am not sure how he will do either, but his height should not be an issue...he is 6'1 or 6'2. That's tall enough.

He is extremely athletic, makes good decisions/smart, and looks to be a leader. My biggest concern would be his weight/frame/strength, but I think you could say that about almost every 18 yr old entering college to play against 20/21 year olds.

I wish him the best and would not bet against him.

Great kid and great athlete. Feel as though many people on this forum don't give him enough credit or appreciate his play. His accomplishments speak for themselves. It's quite obvious he's not ready to be a college QB just like the other 99% of HS QBs making the move to the next level. With added strength to his frame and improvement to his already enhanced knowledge of the game, I believe he'll do great and many of you will become his biggest fan.. for some of you, I think his style of play is hard for you to understand. He does what's asked of him and still gets critiqued. When plays break down he runs around like the old Manziel. When the throw needs to be made, he makes the throw. He's a great kid and I can't wait to see how his future pans out.

Yeah; I agree. A redshirt season is definitely on order for him. A chance to watch and learn while getting your studies in order.

Henderson will definitely need that redshirt year and it will be good for him given UD has a couple of older QBs and picked up a transfer QB a couple of weeks ago. You can see he is smart and can read a defense presnap but can he read through pass progressions coming from an RPO offense going into a pro style offense that will determine how successful he will be. Does anyone know UDs new style of offense?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT