ADVERTISEMENT

CA vs Concord

RR - Please confirm, if I am reading your post correctly - it sounds as if the game doesnt count toward playoff points. Caravel gets 4 for the forfeit and a 7th win (which is important to other teams) but wont get 6 pts for a win or 1 point for a loss to Concord - this is purely an 'exhibition'.?

RR - Please confirm, if I am reading your post correctly - it sounds as if the game doesnt count toward playoff points. Caravel gets 4 for the forfeit and a 7th win (which is important to other teams) but wont get 6 pts for a win or 1 point for a loss to Concord - this is purely an 'exhibition'.?
Art - I read it that way, too.

CA was going to take the FFT and play Concord regardless of outcome of the meeting last night.. bottom line is CAP doesnt want the game citing player safey and has no suitable place to play. The only field they have available has no pressbox, no electricity, no water, no fence to keep fans off the sidelines and is not fit for a HS game
Were they originally scheduled to play this at another site?

Were they originally scheduled to play this at another site?
Yes at PG Sports Complex (same place Dematha plays) They couldn't procure the field as the funding for the rent isn't there..which isn't the first time this year a couple their other home games got moved to wherever they could find for the same reason...

Now I don't think CA has any game this week at all.. wonderful the Kids get 8 games season with Dickinsons FFT

WOW, this is just an unreal thread. It is so indicative of a playoff system that is totally flawed at this point. I have little doubt that the Concord phone was ringing off the hook, more likely the DIAA one as well. Here is my problem with that, where was the indignation about this, when AI and Concord were talking about the same exact thing a few weeks ago?

Something is not adding up on this one however. How can there be a scheduled game between a DIAA school and a non-DIAA school without a contract? Do you know what the penalty is for that? Why that's $50 sir!!!! That is fifty one dollar bills, payable on demand. But maybe the answer lies in the final part of this section of the rules regarding contracts:

1.4.2 Contracts between DIAA member schools and nonmember or associate member schools of comparable state associations are required.

1.4.2.1 A copy of the signed contract must be either received by the Executive Director or postmarked prior to the contest for which the agreement was drawn up. Failure to file a signed contract as prescribed shall result in the DIAA member school being assessed a $50.00 fine.

1.4.2.2 In the case of a dispute, a member school has no right of appeal to the Executive Director or the DIAA Board of Directors unless a signed individual contract is in place.

Could the DIAA have been threatening to rule the Cap Christian game a forfeit against CA? I honestly don't know, but if anyone had a problem with a scheduling switch, someone should have said this last year when St. Andrew's did it with Seaford. The DIAA had a chance to step in and take those teams to task, instead they did nothing. Now we are left with this.
Very different set of circumstances.................and it was done before the season started, not right before the last game.

Yes at PG Sports Complex (same place Dematha plays) They couldn't procure the field as the funding for the rent isn't there..which isn't the first time this year a couple their other home games got moved to wherever they could find for the same reason...

Now I don't think CA has any game this week at all.. wonderful the Kids get 8 games season with Dickinsons FFT
Didn't Mckean do the same thing as Caravel is trying to do . They had game scheduled vs Dickinson on 10/13 and since Dickerson cancelled they played St Andrews. . What's the difference other then it's CA

Why doesn’t CA bring CAP to Bear with the same deal they did last year?

How did this get spun into - "Capital Christian wants to cancel....poor ole Caravel needs a 10th game...what a coincidence! a new D1 opponent to get into the playoffs!" ?

How did this get spun into - "Capital Christian wants to cancel....poor ole Caravel needs a 10th game...what a coincidence! a new D1 opponent to get into the playoffs!" ?

That’s just how you see it. I wouldn’t expect anything else. Never mind actually reading and comprehending what is being said. But that is what haters do. You do you. What about caravel wasn’t getting in regardless. What about caravel was willing to play it for no points don’t you understand? You don’t cuz you just hate. Your sad dude

How many times do you have to read that CA wouldn’t make the playoffs regardless of who plays game ten? There are two separate threads about this subject. It’s not a diabolical plot! CA and Concord just want to play another game. Playoffs aren’t even in the picture. Got it this time?

Very different set of circumstances.................and it was done before the season started, not right before the last game.
If you are talking about St. Andrew's it makes no difference when it occurred, Milford never allowed St A's out of their contract. The DIAA should have never allowed St A's and Seaford to be played, yet they did.

But now they felt the need to step in on a game that looks to be allowed under the DIAA handbook, but had no intention of doing the same thing if AI had wanted to schedule Concord. If they would have stepped up and said no five weeks ago, then this issue would be moot.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
If you are talking about St. Andrew's it makes no difference when it occurred, Milford never allowed St A's out of their contract. The DIAA should have never allowed St A's and Seaford to be played, yet they did.

But now they felt the need to step in on a game that looks to be allowed under the DIAA handbook, but had no intention of doing the same thing if AI had wanted to schedule Concord. If they would have stepped up and said no five weeks ago, then this issue would be moot.

All that aside DIAA met with CA last evening and saw the evidence that there was no contract signed for the CAP game this year so a forfeit situation isn't even in play here and ruled the game with Concord was legal and there was nothing they can do.

By rule CA and Concord can play and it counts for points. Then today sometime around noon they decide no they can't play because it violates the no more than 10 games rule because forfeits count as a game... WTF ? CA has only "played" 8 games and the CAP game wouldn't be a forfeit for either team. That 10 game rule has to do with teams not getting extra games after the season or preseason or extra practices as not to give them an advantage in that respect has nothing to do with points as only the first ten games in state or out of state count for that. CA then was fine we don't care about the points we just want to play the game with Concord for no points but for the kids.. DIAA still refused

Its total horseshit by DIAA and by whomever the pressure was coming from to cause them to make an unjust and unreal decision. Total politics and the new DIAA boss who made the decision last night for CA then caved to the politics today is a weak ass leader .. Typical politics in DE.. Cave to the agendas of others and not do whats right for those of whom your supposed to work for.. In the case of the DIAA that is the student athletes of Delaware!

In the words of Peter Townsend

"Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss"

Last edited:
If I were the AD at CA or Concord I would damn the torpedoes and play and let DIAA try and violate us .. DIAA would lose that battle..but you have to have some stones to do it and willing to take a stand.. Dont think CA or Concord AD's has them. Oh no its the DIAA

600-468900480-scared-emoticon.jpg

Last edited:
They should play anyway . Screw DIAA.

If they need officials I’ll volunteer . I may not do very well but I’d be there .

It’s for the kids.

Reactions: 84rider
How many times do you have to read that CA wouldn’t make the playoffs regardless of who plays game ten? There are two separate threads about this subject. It’s not a diabolical plot! CA and Concord just want to play another game. Playoffs aren’t even in the picture. Got it this time?
Can we please cut the BS, with a 4 point game CA cannot make the tourney. With a 6 point game, there are a couple of scenarios where they can make the playoffs. If it weren't for those possible scenarios, they wouldn't give two squats about playing Concord or making sure their seniors get a final game. This is 100% about playoff points.

You’re 100% completely wrong. CA offered to accept no points and was still denied. That’s facts. FBLax23 you have a history of being a hater and have zero proof of any of your nonsense. I guess you believe Bush bombed the world trade centers as well. Take off the tinfoil hat.

What school do you root for ?

Last edited:
Can we please cut the BS, with a 4 point game CA cannot make the tourney. With a 6 point game, there are a couple of scenarios where they can make the playoffs. If it weren't for those possible scenarios, they wouldn't give two squats about playing Concord or making sure their seniors get a final game. This is 100% about playoff points.
I assume you have proof of these allegations?

Reactions: fanoffootball123
Even if it was for playoff points, which it isn't, who cares? Caravel belongs in the playoffs no matter what the stupid point system says. Caravel is top 3 in DII for sure and might just be the best team. The best teams are supposed to be in the playoffs which because of a stupid point system won't happen.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Autobids for conference winners don’t happen anywhere in HS football that Ihave been able to find maybe they do somewhere that I don’t know of. Its points If points are the Qualifier then fine. If winning your conference is then fine but giving only certain conferces auto bid and not other is wrong. Disqualiifing teams that don’t belong to certain conferences is wrong.

I get it DE used to be all about The two conferences times have changed you have Charters and more privates now go to points only or have your own BH vs Hen championship and the other can have their own and rid themselves of the ridiculousness of the DIAa

You’re 100% completely wrong. CA offered to accept no points and was still denied. That’s facts. FBLax23 you have a history of being a hater and have zero proof of any of your nonsense. I guess you believe Bush bombed the world trade centers as well. Take off the tinfoil hat.

What school do you root for ?
I would have no problem if this game had been scheduled much earlier, but to make this change in the final week of the season doesn't pass the smell test.

Autobids for conference winners don’t happen anywhere in HS football that Ihave been able to find maybe they do somewhere that I don’t know of. Its points If points are the Qualifier then fine. If winning your conference is then fine but giving only certain conferces auto bid and not other is wrong. Disqualiifing teams that don’t belong to certain conferences is wrong.

I get it DE used to be all about The two conferences times have changed you have Charters and more privates now go to points only or have your own BH vs Hen championship and the other can have their own and rid themselves of the ridiculousness of the DIAa
If it's any consolation, I do agree with you about the autobids.

I would have no problem if this game had been scheduled much earlier, but to make this change in the final week of the season doesn't pass the smell test.

What smell test and who is smelling? Rules are the rules smells has nothing to do with it. smell all you want

What smells is the HenSouth teams and DMA are so petrified of CA even having the remote chance of getting In they pitched the biggest fit ever regardless of the kids involved. Sickning in my book No matter who wins well they didn’t beat CA so they are paper champions Raise that banner Chickenhawks.

Last edited:
Reactions: baseballguy68
It turns out CA wanted a tenth game after all, and will be traveling to Bowie MD to face Capitol Christian. Thanks to the DIAA for forcing this issue. That’s some good governing, right there. Assholes.

Also you guys are hung up on school size being this end all thing. Look over in Maryland to schools like 1A Dunbar who can’t find 3a and 4a schools to play them. Or Damascus 2a three back to back state championship going for a forth. They regularly destroy good 3a and 4a teams. Conference championship auto bids should always be in play. Because anyone can schedule cup cake bigger schools to game the point system. Adding more teams will solve the problem. Caravel would be in this year and we could see it play out on the field when it matters most.

Maryland starts play-offs this week DIFCA has tried to open 1 week earlier to give teams more chance to play showcase games and get kids more acclimated to contact/ready for the season and denied. DIAA is a joke and change is needed. Old boy network is no longer acceptable. Identify them and replace them. Otherwise it will be the same ole same ole

Reactions: prepfootballstars
Maryland starts play-offs this week DIFCA has tried to open 1 week earlier to give teams more chance to play showcase games and get kids more acclimated to contact/ready for the season and denied. DIAA is a joke and change is needed. Old boy network is no longer acceptable. Identify them and replace them. Otherwise it will be the same ole same ole
Agreed that change is required, but just like Congress, the people in power won’t relinquish it willingly. We’ll be bitching about the unfairness of the point system a decade from now.

Agreed that change is required, but just like Congress, the people in power won’t relinquish it willingly. We’ll be bitching about the unfairness of the point system a decade from now.

Well not unless someone does something about it. You can do nothing and complain or take action. I am not a politician or a political guy. But Trump did say something that stirred me. You can either accept status quo or do something about it. It’s time take action and effect change

Well not unless someone does something about it. You can do nothing and complain or take action. I am not a politician or a political guy. But Trump did say something that stirred me. You can either accept status quo or do something about it. It’s time take action and effect change
I’m with you. What do you have in mind?

First. Indentifyiing the players which I have done

Second figuring out how they got there

Third infiltrating thst process

There is no other way

It wasn't Trump who said that, that was my mother.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT